Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

GeneralBenson

Aug 20, 2008, 4:21 PM
Post #151 of 240 (21038 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GabeWalker] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

GabeWalker wrote:
sgreer wrote:
You are what they call a dime for a dozen my friend. I know plenty of climbers, or as I sometimes call them, heros, that do and have done some amazing things out here in Yosemite. And guess what? Theres no marching band at the bottom cheering them on. There's no free gear for endorsements. Usually, there's only an icechest full of icy beer waiting at the bottom in a bear box. It's a pipe dream bro.

Where is Yosemite Climbing Gym? It just sounds like your friends might need to get to a higher profile place. My gym has lots of local comps and a couple gear reps there that I have talked to.

Don't even worry about it. Yosemite Climbing Gym grades are super soft, and it's full of weak climbers. You could probably climb 5.14e there.

mturner

Aug 20, 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #152 of 240 (21029 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Die thread die!! Mad

sgreer

Aug 20, 2008, 6:09 PM
Post #153 of 240 (20994 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yosemite Climbing Gym?

I'm talking about Y.N.P not yosfit (http://www.yosfit.com/)

Apparently you have never climbed in Yosemite Nat'l park or you're tying to start fruitless debate.

Anyhow, many of us know your statement is false.Wink

(This post was edited by sgreer on Aug 20, 2008, 6:19 PM)

canterbury

Aug 21, 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #154 of 240 (20939 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GabeWalker wrote:
Ya? Welcome to my house of pain.

ahahahahahahahahah

Dynosaur13

Aug 21, 2008, 3:00 AM
Post #155 of 240 (20935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.alainrobert.com/

climb a really tall building in a major city with no protection

the_leech

Aug 21, 2008, 3:09 AM
Post #156 of 240 (20933 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sgreer] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sgreer wrote:
You are what they call a dime for a dozen my friend. I know plenty of climbers, or as I sometimes call them, heros, that do and have done some amazing things out here in Yosemite. And guess what? Theres no marching band at the bottom cheering them on. There's no free gear for endorsements. Usually, there's only an icechest full of icy beer waiting at the bottom in a bear box. It's a pipe dream bro.

Gabe, ignore this moron. He sounds like a total n00b. He's a poser, not a real climber like you. He can't even accurately quote "First Ascent."

Have you gotten any big name sponsors yet? Like North Face? I haven't heard from you in a while and hope your climbing career is moving forward.

Please keep us updated!!!

stymingersfink

Aug 24, 2008, 3:22 AM
Post #157 of 240 (20866 views)
Shortcut

Re: [catchjasonbourne] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

catchjasonbourne wrote:
I have an experience of climbing and from my childhood age i am interested in climbing.I have also comfortable shoes for that and i want to purchase the new one which is released in the market.
==========================================
jasonbourne

to know more about Drug Treatment

[url=http://www.drugtreatments.com/illinois]Illinois Drug Treatment
who are these twats from the fucking drug treatment lockup? This is at least the second one I've seen with that in their sig line.

don't they have somewhere better to peddle their fucking bullshit propaganda?

timd

Aug 24, 2008, 12:12 PM
Post #158 of 240 (20835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could make the front page and be on the evening news if you deck out.

the_leech

Aug 24, 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #159 of 240 (20787 views)
Shortcut

Re: [catchjasonbourne] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

catchjasonbourne wrote:
I have an experience of climbing and from my childhood age i am interested in climbing.I have also comfortable shoes for that and i want to purchase the new one which is released in the market.
==========================================
jasonbourne

to know more about Drug Treatment

[url=http://www.drugtreatments.com/illinois]Illinois Drug Treatment

I just noticed that no one offered a serious reply to Mr. Bourne's post. Come on, people! Mr. Bourne has resurrected Gabe for us. We at least owe him the dignity of a response.

Mr. Bourne, I'm glad that you have an experience of climbing. I assume that you posted here because you want to continue having more experiences of climbing.

Well, you're off to a good start. Comfortable shoes are a necessity. I commend you for wanting to purchase the new one which is released in the market. That should help your climbing substantially.

Please check back if you have any questions or are looking for a climbing partner. You'll find that most people on rc.com are helpful, informative, and very knowledgeable.

I wish you the best in your future experiences of climbing and in your recovery. Serenity, my brother.

HappinessIsWinning

Oct 6, 2008, 6:58 PM
Post #160 of 240 (20538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds like the owner of the gym you climb at is blowing some steam up your a**. I started climbing this year and I can lead 5.10a and can TR 5.11a. I only climb on real rock. I don't think this is a huge accomplishment, and certainly wouldn't even begin to think I deserve recognition for it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think you should try climbing with fun in mind and not really worry about getting recognition. If you deserve recognition you will get it without trying.

BTW: does an onsight on a gym wall count? Your holds are all obvious so is there really a challenge to an onsight?

GabeWalker

Oct 7, 2008, 3:34 AM
Post #161 of 240 (20500 views)
Shortcut

Re: [HappinessIsWinning] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HappinessIsWinning wrote:
Sounds like the owner of the gym you climb at is blowing some steam up your a**. I started climbing this year and I can lead 5.10a and can TR 5.11a. I only climb on real rock. I don't think this is a huge accomplishment, and certainly wouldn't even begin to think I deserve recognition for it. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think you should try climbing with fun in mind and not really worry about getting recognition. If you deserve recognition you will get it without trying.

BTW: does an onsight on a gym wall count? Your holds are all obvious so is there really a challenge to an onsight?

I talked to a guy at my gym that said Colorado has wicked easy routes. Maybe you are just climbing those, and got confused about the grade. Anyhow, I think I'm pretty close to getting to talk to a company about sponsoring me. So you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

HappinessIsWinning

Oct 8, 2008, 2:26 PM
Post #162 of 240 (20422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Congratulations on the sponsorship :D

I use guide books to determine what to climb and I climb in Penitente. Maybe someone on this forum can tell us from experience whether the routes there are under or over rated. However I'm confused as to how anyone could think that climbing on a gym wall, where your holds are brightly colored and right in your face, could possibly be harder then climbing on real rock. You can't even find holds that imitate the microscopic edges you trust your weight to on a 5.11. Once again,.. have you ever climbed on real rock?

BTW: what is the name of your gym? I would love to take a look at what they consider 5.11...

sungam

Oct 8, 2008, 2:58 PM
Post #163 of 240 (20409 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GabeWalker wrote:
HappinessIsWinning wrote:

I talked to a guy at my gym that said Colorado has wicked easy routes. Maybe you are just climbing those, and got confused about the grade. Anyhow, I think I'm pretty close to getting to talk to a company about sponsoring me. So you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Nice one Gabe. Does this mean when we go climbing you can get me free/cheap shizz?

knieveltech

Oct 22, 2008, 2:54 PM
Post #164 of 240 (20315 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, like, whatever happened to Gabe Walker anyway?

</bump>

sungam

Oct 22, 2008, 5:26 PM
Post #165 of 240 (20283 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
So, like, whatever happened to Gabe Walker anyway?

</bump>
Haven't you read his ballad? He's a hard-ass, and I'm going climbing with him!
wooohoooo!

PabloSends

Apr 17, 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #166 of 240 (19882 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GabeWalker wrote:

Holy shit I promise this is the funniest "discussion" and quote of my life. I've been climbing for less than 3 months (1/12th the time *I've noticed you're not the smartest person) after 5 years of football and I do 12a and boulder v6. At 15 I can tell you have a mental problem. It's like American Idol. You might not have the talent, but keep singing (climbing in your case). Just make sure it's in the living room (climbing gym in your case). And Yosemite Climbing Gym? I'm sure that's either a HILARIOUS and sarcastic comment (like that), or you're really that dumb. Probably the ladder.

zeke_sf

Apr 17, 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #167 of 240 (19879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [PabloSends] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PabloSends wrote:
GabeWalker wrote:

Holy shit I promise this is the funniest "discussion" and quote of my life. I've been climbing for less than 3 months (1/12th the time *I've noticed you're not the smartest person) after 5 years of football and I do 12a and boulder v6. At 15 I can tell you have a mental problem. It's like American Idol. You might not have the talent, but keep singing (climbing in your case). Just make sure it's in the living room (climbing gym in your case). And Yosemite Climbing Gym? I'm sure that's either a HILARIOUS and sarcastic comment (like that), or you're really that dumb. Probably the ladder.

Heh. That's either some fine ironing or an honest mistake. I'm opting for the foamer.

zeke_sf

Apr 17, 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #168 of 240 (19875 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

zeke_sf wrote:
PabloSends wrote:
GabeWalker wrote:

Heh. That's either some fine ironing or an honest mistake. I'm opting for the foamer.

Upon further review, I meant the ladder.

PabloSends

Apr 17, 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #169 of 240 (19867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah that was a mistake. 'latter' is the correct spelling if you're confused gabe. although, it should be noted that I'm an expert at the whole 'you are=you're' thing

(This post was edited by PabloSends on Apr 17, 2009, 11:54 PM)

mar_leclerc

Apr 18, 2009, 3:10 AM
Post #170 of 240 (19849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

GabeWalker wrote:
I am a serious climber for over three years. I have onsighted a 5.10B, and have toproped a 5.11A. All of these were in a gym, but the owners say I am a natural. I am really just wondering if I have a chance of maybe getting sponsored with some shoes or even a chalkbag. What do you guys think?

Hahahahahaha... funniest thread ever. Ummm, buddy. I climbed 5.12 outdoors in my first year when I was 11 years old. I never even thought of asking for sponsors... even though I did win nationals who really gives a shit, its all for fun. Go get yourself some gear with your own money and learn to climb outdoors. Try alpine climbing cuz thats where ist at, whn you solo an ED2 at the age of 14 then go ask for a sponsor.

mturner

Apr 18, 2009, 4:57 PM
Post #171 of 240 (19795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [PabloSends] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PabloSends wrote:
GabeWalker wrote:

mar_leclerc wrote:
GabeWalker wrote:
I am a serious climber for over three years. I have onsighted a 5.10B, and have toproped a 5.11A. All of these were in a gym, but the owners say I am a natural. I am really just wondering if I have a chance of maybe getting sponsored with some shoes or even a chalkbag. What do you guys think?

Hahahahahaha... funniest thread ever. Ummm, buddy. I climbed 5.12 outdoors in my first year when I was 11 years old. I never even thought of asking for sponsors... even though I did win nationals who really gives a shit, its all for fun. Go get yourself some gear with your own money and learn to climb outdoors. Try alpine climbing cuz thats where ist at, whn you solo an ED2 at the age of 14 then go ask for a sponsor.

You youngins sure make these threads fun. Crazy

mar_leclerc

May 12, 2009, 1:38 AM
Post #172 of 240 (19504 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mturner] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Gabe... seeing as you onsight 10b I think you should go try 'Apron Strings' in Squamish... c'mon man, lead it on-sight. It's a 10b so you should do it easily right?

rockandlice

May 17, 2009, 7:22 PM
Post #173 of 240 (19296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mturner] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PabloSends wrote:
GabeWalker wrote:

(This post was edited by rockandlice on May 17, 2009, 7:24 PM)

sklag

Jun 11, 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #174 of 240 (19092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macblaze] how do I get recognition? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macblaze wrote:
Naive question? Yes. Worthy of a flame? Sure. Needs two pages of abuse? Only if you think picking on blind, three-legged dogs is hilarious.

This thread is the same as moving the furniture around on said "dog". Hilariousness!

GabeWalker

Mar 10, 2010, 8:44 PM
Post #175 of 240 (18431 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, any new updates? Or new companies still looking to sponsor people?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Sport Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook