RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

chanumpa

Nov 12, 2002, 2:16 AM
Post #1 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Devil's Race Track
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone know of any access issues at Devil's Race Track near Knoxville, TN ??

tenn_dawg

Feb 17, 2003, 11:37 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Devil's Race Track [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have not climbed at Devil's for a year or so, so I cant tell your for sure. I hope not. The biggest issues there are with cars getting broken into on the side of the road.

Check out my page in the routes database. It's one of the best guides in the world to Devil's Racetrack.

Travis

space_monkey

Feb 18, 2003, 3:38 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have been up there several times in the last 3 months. The prob is there is a tremendous amount of trash being left by locals and *rednecks*. The state doesnt seem to amused by this. If this keeps up then they will close the road and shut the area down for good.

tenn_dawg

Feb 19, 2003, 11:36 PM
Post #4 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bummer. Thats too bad to hear. How is climbing going up there at Devil's anyway? It's been so long since I've been up there. Have you done Russian 2-step yet? I've always loved the traversing line of that climb, but never gotten around to doing it.

I hate hiking all the trad gear up that hill, and the one time I did, my partner only felt comfortable following "Little Old Lady Crack".

Booo!

Travis

space_monkey

Feb 20, 2003, 5:18 AM
Post #5 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The climbing is great! Yes I have done the Russian one step, it is a must and a classic.
The hike is bad but not even comparable to the T-wall. Their are so many great climbs up there. If your partner was following what did it matter? It's not like he/she was leading it.

My favorite thing to do is trad up "sonic temple" or "ego-centric" and pitch the sky lounge and camp out, you ought to try it sometime. Heck if your intrested sometime we could set up the porta ledges and practice some big wall. I read a past article about your ledge and the tree....anyway hows the tree comming?

tenn_dawg

Feb 21, 2003, 8:09 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the reason he didin't want to follow 1 step was because it traverses so much over to the left. He was worried about taking a big pendulum fall.

So more or less, he was being a WEENIE.

My tree is DONE. I took down the second pitch because the damn tree was swaying back and forth so much in the wind that the second pitch was making me nervous. I've got a bunch of pictures of it in Que here, but It might be a while before they are cleared. I put them in just as the change was taking place.

I'm quitting my evil job (which was the reason I couldn't make it to the T-wall gathering) so i'll have a lot more time to climb soon. I'll be in touch.

Travis

tenn_dawg

Feb 21, 2003, 8:10 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the reason he didin't want to follow 1 step was because it traverses so much over to the left. He was worried about taking a big pendulum fall.

So more or less, he was being a WEENIE.

My tree is DONE. I took down the second pitch because the damn tree was swaying back and forth so much in the wind that the second pitch was making me nervous. I've got a bunch of pictures of it in Que here, but It might be a while before they are cleared. I put them in just as the change was taking place.

I'm quitting my evil job (which was the reason I couldn't make it to the T-wall gathering) so i'll have a lot more time to climb soon. I'll be in touch.

Travis

tradpuppy

Feb 22, 2003, 12:17 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

T-Wall "Gathering"??? :lol: (hope Anne sees this)

space_monkey

Feb 22, 2003, 7:56 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

T-wall gathering????? :shock: Count me in...Count me in...I'll even help with organization

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook