RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

Feller

Nov 13, 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1562 views)
Shortcut

A trip to Ireland
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

over the Summer in 09, I'll be taking a 2 week trip to Ireland. My father conducts an international traveling band and I got the invite to tag along. I won't be going to play music though. I'll be going to play on rocks and site see on my own.

Can anyone give me a short (or long) list of places to climb at? I climb sport and boulder. I'd like to do my research this winter and have a more specific itinerary come the beginning of summer.

also, I'd love to meet up with some folks in the area to climb with. let me know if you're interested.

lastly, I know this as been gone over before but...I'm new to traveling via airplane with climbing gear. what's the best solution for transporting gear? I'll be bringing the standard gear for sport climbing (rope, draws, shoes, etc...) and potentially my pad. I'd be really hesitent to checking that bag and hoping to GOD it dosn't get lost in transit. shit, the whole flight all I will be thinking about is "please please please let my climbing gear make it over safe and unharmed..." but then again, I'm not sure how much metal their comfortable with me bringing as a carry-on. then again, not sure how someone could hijack a plane using nothing but a bag of chalk, a toothbrush, and an ATC.

anyways...Thoughts?

sungam

Nov 16, 2008, 1:48 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] A trip to Ireland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't remember the names, but I can assure you there is plenty of climbing over there.
Will you have wheels? what city are you based out of?

My advice would be all metal checked, and have your rope and slings (from your quickdraws) carry on.

auldal

Jan 29, 2009, 2:23 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1392 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] A trip to Ireland [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi - if you're coming to sport climb then forget about it - there isn't any. ireland (northern and republic)is bolt free and proud of it though there is some bouldering google shortspan

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook