RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Lab

Premier Sponsor:

spikeddem

Nov 22, 2008, 9:06 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1252 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Greetings from the new Resident Lab Proctor
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Just a quick note to say that Our Benevolent Overlord and his Green Minions have seen fit to install me as the Resident Lab Proctor to help keep things moving smoothly here in The Lab. Fortunately for me, I'm pretty much the only one who spends any significant amount of time here so it'll mostly be a matter of keeping myself in line...
In reply to:
EDIT- Might as well cash in on the new-found legitimacy going GREEN gets me and do a shameless plug for ...

LaughLaughLaughWinkSlyLaughSlyWinkWink

Edit: Congrats

(This post was edited by spikeddem on Nov 22, 2008, 9:07 AM)

notapplicable

Aug 15, 2010, 4:05 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adatesman] Greetings from the new Resident Lab Proctor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Just a quick note to say that Our Benevolent Overlord and his Green Minions have seen fit to install me as the Resident Lab Proctor to help keep things moving smoothly here in The Lab. Fortunately for me, I'm pretty much the only one who spends any significant amount of time here so it'll mostly be a matter of keeping myself in line.....

Anyway, not much is going to change and you'll still get irregularly scheduled episodes of Needless Destruction Theater. There will probably be some housekeeping done, along with a pseudo-FAQ and other goodies made available in sticky threads. I'm totally open to suggestions for making The Lab the go-to source for gear testing info on the web, so feel free to drop me a PM if you have any ideas how to make that happen.

And as always, I'll be the first to say that chances are that I usually only have a passing familiarity with whatever it is I'm talking about. My background is in engineering and manufacturing, but the past decade has been spent doing IT so I'm quite rusty on the other things. That said, I'm always surprised by who we find lurking on the climbing sites, so if you see something that happens to fall into your area of expertise please post up. The best way for us to keep things on topic and improve the signal/noise ratio here is to have people who actually know what they're talking about weigh in before all the speculation begins.

Have fun....

-a.

EDIT- Might as well cash in on the new-found legitimacy going GREEN gets me and do a shameless plug for Needless Destruction Theater. If you've got gear you've been thinking of retiring and wouldn't mind donating it for destruction here in The Lab, drop me a PM and we'll work out the specifics of how and when it gets sent to meet its maker....

Forums : Climbing Information : The Lab

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$4.05 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$8.96 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook