Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

timstich

Nov 24, 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #26 of 79 (4159 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just putting your problem into perspective. You may look back one day on this "problem" and wonder why you ever cared.

(This post was edited by timstich on Nov 24, 2008, 5:52 PM)

Gmburns2000

Nov 24, 2008, 5:58 PM
Post #27 of 79 (4152 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
For the tim guy, what would not be funny is if 'in the memory of' forum was the only one at rc.com to meet your high standard. So I shouldn't complain about my discomfort while people post such serious subjects like who is the hottest climbing chick/dude and where to buy a pink climbing shoes? Once again, thicker skin would be so nice.

As far as grunting I grunt in general. I for sure grunt when I play raquetball. But just the other day, some guy at the gym was like, "yeah, we call that girl (not referring to me) the 'orgasmic girl.' You know, she is just trying to get attention from men." For the record, I think most women climbers don't make noises to attract men. I certainly don't. *sigh*

And you know what? I climb the same climb where someone said I sounded like I was giving birth with a conscious effort not to make noises, and what did I do at the crux?

Fell.

Further evidence that you shouldn't let it bother you. After all, the only one you have to worry about is you. If the content of the comments are bothersome, then don't associate with that person. God knows I've had enough people call me bad things in my lifetime. I just don't deal with them any more. Can't make everyone happy, so why try?

Next time you're on the crux, grunt louder, and bathe in the warm glow of personal success.

wonderwoman

Nov 24, 2008, 8:05 PM
Post #28 of 79 (4130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Personally, I am a mostly quiet climber but I am sometimes surprised at some of the yelps that erupt out of my throat when I take a fall or pull a hard move. And even on some of those rare occasions, I have heard people make comments, but only in the gym and not on real rock. So, in Cle03m's case maybe they are just showing her that they are jealous, but in a really lame way!

Gmburns2000 wrote:
clee03m wrote:
As far as grunting I grunt in general. I for sure grunt when I play raquetball. But just the other day, some guy at the gym was like, "yeah, we call that girl (not referring to me) the 'orgasmic girl.' You know, she is just trying to get attention from men." For the record, I think most women climbers don't make noises to attract men. I certainly don't. *sigh*

Further evidence that you shouldn't let it bother you.

I think this is further evidence that should bother everybody. Cle03m most likely posted this in the ladies room because many men can't relate to every action they take as being put into a sexual context. It's really not fun.

Think about it... Someone posts up about only liking a female belayer so he can get a glimpse down her shirt... Others refer to fear or weakness in terms of a female body part, as if fear and weakness are female traits.

This is crap that we have to put up with all the time and I think it's important for everyone to speak up about it when they see it. And yes, even to the person making the lame comments.

marebear

Nov 24, 2008, 8:19 PM
Post #29 of 79 (4118 views)
Shortcut

Re: [timstich] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Ladies Room: A place for women to share their experiences, ask female-related questions and get empowered in a safe environment. All are free to post, but keep maturity in mind.

Keep the above in mind, Tim.

To the OP, I squeek, scream and grunt while I climb. Often I find that after taking a whipper, everyone on the ground is too busy laughing at the noise I made as I flew through the air to let me know what I might have done to stay on the rock. I feel your pain. Sometimes a well placed "Shut the @&%! up and let me climb!" will do the trick to quiet the peanut gallery.

kiwiprincess

Nov 24, 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #30 of 79 (4109 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marebear] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

To be honest I would probably laugh at you too ....but if the stuff they say bothers you, say "Thats enough of that talk thanks". "Get your mind out of the gutter"
I had a climbing partner that commented on my appearance (cleavage) and stuff and I asked him to stop....he still lapses occasionally but none of the others go along with it since i made it clear that i didn't like it, and it settles down quickly.

Gmburns2000

Nov 24, 2008, 8:39 PM
Post #31 of 79 (4104 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Personally, I am a mostly quiet climber but I am sometimes surprised at some of the yelps that erupt out of my throat when I take a fall or pull a hard move. And even on some of those rare occasions, I have heard people make comments, but only in the gym and not on real rock. So, in Cle03m's case maybe they are just showing her that they are jealous, but in a really lame way!

Gmburns2000 wrote:
clee03m wrote:

Further evidence that you shouldn't let it bother you.

I think this is further evidence that should bother everybody. Cle03m most likely posted this in the ladies room because many men can't relate to every action they take as being put into a sexual context. It's really not fun.

Think about it... Someone posts up about only liking a female belayer so he can get a glimpse down her shirt... Others refer to fear or weakness in terms of a female body part, as if fear and weakness are female traits.

This is crap that we have to put up with all the time and I think it's important for everyone to speak up about it when they see it. And yes, even to the person making the lame comments.

I don't know, Tiff. To make the assumption that there are no pressures placed on men because they're men is kind of foolish. I'm not advocating that women should just suck it up. Instead, I'm advocating taking a less gender-sensitive approach to live life as an individual. OK, sure, men make lousy and sexist remarks to women, but they also make comments to other men, too. You very likely don't see the non-verbal communication that goes on even in our gym. Do I know where I stand with regards to those ripped boulderers who can jump on any 5.11 that I'm hangdogging? You betcha I do, and it likely isn't because I simply know they are better than me. Even in an gentile conversation among friends, if I talk about how a route or particular move is tough for me then I may get verbal sympathy but the look in his eye is saying, "I'm being nice but I think you're a wimp."

I'm not on a quest to change how people view others, but I do firmly believe that if we act as individuals then we're likely to find the respect that we seek, regardless of gender, race, or any other identifying element. There will always be jerks, and spending one's time trying to change all of those jerks may be worthwhile, but only to a certain degree. I mean, how many billions of men are there in this world? Seriously, are you going to try and change every single one who makes a lousy comment? Maybe you would, but I'd rather focus on myself rather than waste my time on people who aren't going to change because I think that I will find where I need to be in the end, and that place will make me much happier than focusing on how everyone else treats me. It's the old adage of you can't love anyone else unless you love yourself first. By her focusing on her needs more, I bet she doesn't hear the other comments in a way that bothers her (note: the comments will still be there, but they won't pierce as much). At least that works for me, and this is coming from the guy who was always the weakling (i.e. - bullied) growing up who always knew where he stood in the male pecking order. You have to believe that this isn't a one-way conversation.

wonderwoman

Nov 24, 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #32 of 79 (4080 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I don't know, Tiff. To make the assumption that there are no pressures placed on men because they're men is kind of foolish.

It's not foolish. I'm saying that it's a whole different topic. The OP is saying that she is receiving unwanted sexual comments. I don't think that you can relate to that. I don't think that you can compare your life experiences to this, no matter how crappy those experiences may be.

Gmburns2000 wrote:
You very likely don't see the non-verbal communication that goes on even in our gym.

I am a woman and a climber. I am very aware of chest thumping and people comparing themselves to others. If I am getting the elitist vibe from someone, I just don't talk with her anymore. If my interactions with someone make me feel badly about myself, in or out of climbing, then I don't interact with that person anymore.

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Do I know where I stand with regards to those ripped boulderers who can jump on any 5.11 that I'm hangdogging? You betcha I do, and it likely isn't because I simply know they are better than me. Even in an gentile conversation among friends, if I talk about how a route or particular move is tough for me then I may get verbal sympathy but the look in his eye is saying, "I'm being nice but I think you're a wimp."

You will be a happier climber if you stop comparing yourself to other people. But, again, don't you think that getting a 'look' after talking about a tough move is a lot different than being openly harassed in public? You were soliciting a conversation with someone. The OP wasn't looking for sexual comments on her vocal climbing style. It's different.

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Seriously, are you going to try and change every single one who makes a lousy comment?

If I don't comment on these things when they happen, then they will keep happening. Maybe the person who happens to be saying these things hasn't even thought of why it might be wrong or how gross and inappropriate his comments are to other people. You don't have to be mean when you bring these things up - but it does more harm than good not to address these issues when they happen. (If it persists, that's when it is time to get mean! Mad)

Gmburns2000 wrote:
It's the old adage of you can't love anyone else unless you love yourself first.

If I didn't love myself very much, then I would let people get away with making harassing comments. Smile

(This post was edited by wonderwoman on Nov 24, 2008, 9:56 PM)

Gmburns2000

Nov 24, 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #33 of 79 (4062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
I don't know, Tiff. To make the assumption that there are no pressures placed on men because they're men is kind of foolish.

It's not foolish. I'm saying that it's a whole different topic. The OP is saying that she is receiving unwanted sexual comments. I don't think that you can relate to that. I don't think that you can compare your life experiences to this, no matter how crappy those experiences may be.

I guess we disagree here. I consider unwanted comments to be unwanted, regardless of content.

In reply to:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
You very likely don't see the non-verbal communication that goes on even in our gym.

I am a woman and a climber. I am very aware of chest thumping and people comparing themselves to others. If I am getting the elitist vibe from someone, I just don't talk with her anymore. If my interactions with someone make me feel badly about myself, in or out of climbing, then I don't interact with that person anymore.

This is exactly what I'm saying, so we do agree on this point. Cool

In reply to:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Do I know where I stand with regards to those ripped boulderers who can jump on any 5.11 that I'm hangdogging? You betcha I do, and it likely isn't because I simply know they are better than me. Even in an gentile conversation among friends, if I talk about how a route or particular move is tough for me then I may get verbal sympathy but the look in his eye is saying, "I'm being nice but I think you're a wimp."

You will be a happier climber if you stop comparing yourself to other people. But, again, don't you think that getting a 'look' after talking about a tough move is a lot different than being openly harassed in public? You were soliciting a conversation with someone. The OP wasn't looking for sexual comments on her vocal climbing style. It's different.

I guess my example was poor. I don't mean to suggest that the non-verbal communication was solicited, but that it can happen even under "friendly" fire. Non-verbal communication is almost always unsolicited. That's partly how the pecking order is established to begin with.

In reply to:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Seriously, are you going to try and change every single one who makes a lousy comment?

If I don't comment on these things when they happen, then they will keep happening. Maybe the person who happens to be saying these things hasn't even thought of why it might be wrong or how gross and inappropriate his comments are to other people. You don't have to be mean when you bring these things up - but it does more harm than good not to address these issues when they happen. (If it persists, that's when it is time to get mean! Mad)

I can't disagree with this, and I'm not advocating ignoring the problem so that it will go away. All I'm saying is that the comments are less likely to happen with someone who is more confident and clearly won't be bothered. After all, the comments are meant to spur a reaction. If no reaction is recieved, then what's the point of commenting?

For example: I've heard a lot of fat / bald jokes in my time (going based my assumption that all unwanted comments are unwanted) and they've almost never been desireable to hear (I admit it - THEY HURT!). I only get them now from people who I know are definitely not being malicious. I may still get them from other people, but I simply don't notice it from them anymore. It just doesn't bother me like it used to because it's who I am and I'm OK with that, and I think that last point goes a long way toward establishing the rules that your acquaintances live by. I'm OK enough with myself to realize that fat and bald aren't going to inhibit me in any way.

In reply to:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
It's the old adage of you can't love anyone else unless you love yourself first.

If I didn't love myself very much, then I would let people get away with making harassing comments. Smile

On the contrary, I think it's the other way around. I think the comments hurt your pride, and that causes you to react. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. I'm saying that I would never make that kind of comment about you because I don't see you in such a way that would garner that kind of comment from me. In other words (more generally) if I didn't think you were weak, then I wouldn't bother.

See you at the gym...AngelicCoolPirateShockedUnsureSmile

Partner macherry

Nov 24, 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #34 of 79 (4049 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marebear wrote:
The Ladies Room: A place for women to share their experiences, ask female-related questions and get empowered in a safe environment. All are free to post, but keep maturity in mind.

Keep the above in mind, Tim.

To the OP, I squeek, scream and grunt while I climb. Often I find that after taking a whipper, everyone on the ground is too busy laughing at the noise I made as I flew through the air to let me know what I might have done to stay on the rock. I feel your pain. Sometimes a well placed "Shut the @&%! up and let me climb!" will do the trick to quiet the peanut gallery.

hey lets not over think things here.

tim had a valid point, there are worse things to worry about than a few remarks about grunting while climbing. it does give some perspective.

marebear

Nov 25, 2008, 3:49 AM
Post #35 of 79 (4018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, there are more important things to worry about; but, does that mean I can't cry when I dislocate my shoulder because someone else just died from cancer? Every thing can be put in perspective. I thought his comment was out of place.

Maddhatter

Nov 25, 2008, 4:43 AM
Post #36 of 79 (4013 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
So I grunt when I climb. And this weekend, I got so much shitty comments about it. I am finally pushing my limits on gear leads, and I guess I was making some noises. It stared with "That must have been good for her" and the comments and snickering continued until I got upset or may be I just got too high to hear them. Next day, despite that I was leading one of the hardest routes I think I have ever lead, I kept getting distracted by what I may sound like. I guess I grunted anyways because apparantly someone on the next climb asked if someone is giving birth. It doesn't help that the comment was started by a husband of this girl who I would really like to climb more frequently together. I don't know why I get bothered so easily. I wish I could grow a thicker skin because I don't want the assholes to distract me from climbing. Just venting...

First , If you are getting distracted this easy your not really at your limit. I block out every thing but my belayer on climbs that are at my limit and don't hear shit.

2nd , Fuck um

3rd , So your different so what? Life would really be a boar if we were all the same.

4th , Lot's of people make noises when they climb hard. It's not like your the only one.

You should remember when you push to much air out it can be hard to recover fast and hurt you on the next move. How you breath on a climb can make a HUGE difference in how well you climb. But grunting on a crux or hard move is pretty dam normal.

(This post was edited by Maddhatter on Nov 25, 2008, 4:44 AM)

Partner macherry

Nov 25, 2008, 5:13 AM
Post #37 of 79 (4008 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marebear wrote:
Yeah, there are more important things to worry about; but, does that mean I can't cry when I dislocate my shoulder because someone else just died from cancer? Every thing can be put in perspective. I thought his comment was out of place.

no, i'm not saying that.

his comment was not a personal attack, just an observation.

markhwebster

Nov 25, 2008, 9:19 PM
Post #38 of 79 (3967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so, I probably shouldn't post in here since I'm not a lady, and cleo has sometimes accused me of not even being a gentleman, but I was cleo's belayer during the event in question.

She does make noise (as many of us do), and that day it was making some of us uneasy because the noises she makes while she is exerting are a little unusual. Not weird or twisted or anything, just a woman working hard and kind of squeaking, or grunting.

I personally think they are cute sounds, and have no problem with them as I am a grunter myself and have been known to do bad yodeling at anchors. But some of the others (mostly guys) standing around had not heard them before...and, guys being guys, we were all kind of looking at each other and smiling a little and trying not to say anything.

Cleo was leading a very vertical hard and sustained trad route, and doing awesome so I didn't want to distract her...but the sounds were making things a little tense on the ground.

I take full blame for starting it as I think I said, "is it just me, or does that sound like something else?" And it went downhill from there, but with no more participation from me. But at least it broke the tension and everyone busted up, at which point Cleo told us all to STFU and we all continued our day. And she did send the climb, pulling off a desperate offwidth move.

I had no idea it had hurt Cleo's feelings and I feel terrible for that. Still, thick skin can go a long way out there in the rough and tumble. I've certainly developed quite a thick hide over the years, so thick in fact that sometimes it's hard for me to be sensitive to the feelings of others, though I'm always trying.

Hope that helps Cleo, and I promise not to prowl into your ladies room again. By the way, you are climbing awesome! I can't believe how far you've come since spring. You went from never leading trad to on-sighting 10a's...amazing!

Partner macherry

Nov 26, 2008, 3:15 AM
Post #39 of 79 (3950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [markhwebster] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

markhwebster wrote:
so, I probably shouldn't post in here since I'm not a lady, and cleo has sometimes accused me of not even being a gentleman, but I was cleo's belayer during the event in question.

She does make noise (as many of us do), and that day it was making some of us uneasy because the noises she makes while she is exerting are a little unusual. Not weird or twisted or anything, just a woman working hard and kind of squeaking, or grunting.

I personally think they are cute sounds, and have no problem with them as I am a grunter myself and have been known to do bad yodeling at anchors. But some of the others (mostly guys) standing around had not heard them before...and, guys being guys, we were all kind of looking at each other and smiling a little and trying not to say anything.

Cleo was leading a very vertical hard and sustained trad route, and doing awesome so I didn't want to distract her...but the sounds were making things a little tense on the ground.

I take full blame for starting it as I think I said, "is it just me, or does that sound like something else?" And it went downhill from there, but with no more participation from me. But at least it broke the tension and everyone busted up, at which point Cleo told us all to STFU and we all continued our day. And she did send the climb, pulling off a desperate offwidth move.

I had no idea it had hurt Cleo's feelings and I feel terrible for that. Still, thick skin can go a long way out there in the rough and tumble. I've certainly developed quite a thick hide over the years, so thick in fact that sometimes it's hard for me to be sensitive to the feelings of others, though I'm always trying.

Hope that helps Cleo, and I promise not to prowl into your ladies room again. By the way, you are climbing awesome! I can't believe how far you've come since spring. You went from never leading trad to on-sighting 10a's...amazing!

did you think your comments might be distracting to cleo during her lead?

i don't know how her grunts could make things tense on the ground. i would just say grow up!!!!

wonderwoman

Nov 26, 2008, 1:35 PM
Post #40 of 79 (3910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

markhwebster wrote:

Would you have said this if it had been a man grunting his way up? I would certainly not feel comfortable climbing with a group of guys who did this to me.

robbovius

Nov 26, 2008, 2:29 PM
Post #41 of 79 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
So I grunt when I climb. And this weekend, I got so much shitty comments about it. I am finally pushing my limits on gear leads, and I guess I was making some noises. It stared with "That must have been good for her" and the comments and snickering continued until I got upset or may be I just got too high to hear them. Next day, despite that I was leading one of the hardest routes I think I have ever lead, I kept getting distracted by what I may sound like. I guess I grunted anyways because apparantly someone on the next climb asked if someone is giving birth. It doesn't help that the comment was started by a husband of this girl who I would really like to climb more frequently together. I don't know why I get bothered so easily. I wish I could grow a thicker skin because I don't want the assholes to distract me from climbing. Just venting...

No, this speaks more to the immaturity of the guys around while you were leading, than anything you were doing.

It also speaks to some insecurity you might have of how you are perceived by people in social situations.

vocalizing under hard exertion - combined with fear, as is the case when leading something hard - is perfectly normal. it can be dificult to let go of it, but try not to let it get to you.

clee03m

Nov 26, 2008, 3:13 PM
Post #42 of 79 (3889 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was causing tension on the ground.... Jesus Christ, I really like you, but you are an idiot sometimes. I thought the whole thing was started by K's husband, and you should have left it off at that. Now we are going to have a little chat.

BTW, thanks for your kind words, but one 10a redpoint does not an onsighting 10's make.

timstich

Nov 26, 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #43 of 79 (3870 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On a related note, I was surprised to hear that Planet Fitness asks weight lifters not to grunt loudly while lifting weights, amongst other silly requests. Weird. They have even kicked members out for that.

http://wcbstv.com/...tchess.2.239424.html

Is grunting some sort of endangered activity now?

(This post was edited by timstich on Nov 26, 2008, 5:00 PM)

Partner j_ung

Nov 26, 2008, 5:16 PM
Post #44 of 79 (3851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
markhwebster wrote:

Would you have said this if it had been a man grunting his way up? I would certainly not feel comfortable climbing with a group of guys who did this to me.

I would have. Actually, my double standard trends the opposite. When any of my male climbing partners get too vocal, I'm merciless. When female partners do it, I pretend not to notice.

Gmburns2000

Nov 26, 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #45 of 79 (3845 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:
markhwebster wrote:

I would have. Actually, my double standard trends the opposite. When any of my male climbing partners get too vocal, I'm merciless. When female partners do it, I pretend not to notice.

Yeah, I have to agree. My sword knows no prejudice, and I've even been known to stab myself more often than not when swinging it.

caughtinside

Nov 26, 2008, 7:35 PM
Post #46 of 79 (3817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm going to make a short list of actions by the climber and the appropriate reaction by the belay/ground crew/peanut gallery:

Sex noises=snicker, heckle
excessive grunting=snicker, heckle
whining=snicker, heckle
crying=snicker, heckle
giving birth noises=snicker, heckle
moaning=snicker, heckle
beached whale mantles=snicker, heckle
calling take=snicker, heckle, penalty slack
french free=snicker, heckle

mindaa

Nov 26, 2008, 8:27 PM
Post #47 of 79 (3804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] grunts and comments that follow [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

markhwebster wrote:
I take full blame for starting it as I think I said, "is it just me, or does that sound like something else?" And it went downhill from there, but with no more participation from me. But at least it broke the tension and everyone busted up

I used to climb with guys like this and it would get me all embarrased and upset...until I realized that they were just getting all hot and bothered wondering if the climbing noises really are the same as during other activities...which of course none of those a-holes were ever going to find out.

So then when it started up I could blow it off and just think smugly to myself, "haha, yeah, wouldn't you like to know, moron."

It's annoying, but would probably be a lot more awkward if I insisted that the guys couldn't be themselves at all when I was climbing with them. That's just what they think about, uncomfortable as it can be for us.

bizarrodrinker

Nov 29, 2008, 8:23 AM
Post #48 of 79 (3742 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my gf snorts when she laughs. I think it is cute as hell.

A guy at my gym fiiiiirrrrrrrtttttttssss from jug to jug whilest a friend does while crank really hard.

Not sure where I am going with this except: Do what ya gotta do to pull thru.

htotsu

Dec 7, 2008, 6:40 PM
Post #49 of 79 (3590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

markhwebster wrote:
I take full blame for starting it as I think I said, "is it just me, or does that sound like something else?" And it went downhill from there, but with no more participation from me.

Damn, man. This is so disappointing. You have no problem with the sounds and make some yourself, yet rather than point that out to the guys, you you decided to INITIATE the aforementioned conversation at the expense of YOUR CLIMBING PARTNER. Weak. Had it crossed your mind that they were waiting for you, her partner, to set the tone for how to respond to those sounds? Well, you did. And they followed suit.

To top it off, you're looking around at them and smiling, looking for their approval, rather than watching YOUR CLIMBING PARTNER (you were belaying, no?) and telling those guys, "This is just the way she climbs, and by the way, look how good she is." Or "So it sounds weird. It obviously works for her. See?"

And don't give me that "guys being guys" bullshit. That's just an excuse to justify behavior you know is stupid, and it won't fly in here. Take responsibility for your choice to sell her out to get a laugh from the guys when you could have chosen to stand up for her.

And you may have been trying to make yourself look better by pointing out that it continued "with no more participation from [you]", but it only serves to point out that you never decided to stop them and redirect the conversation. It took some guts to post here and say that you feel bad, so I won't take that away from you. But those guts would have served you better on the day in question by remembering that your priority should have been looking out for the woman at the other end of the rope, not trying to impress the guys on the ground.

rockie

Dec 7, 2008, 8:39 PM
Post #50 of 79 (3582 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:

Ignore the A.holes and grunt make noise, just don't scream that part is all that annoys me in the gyms etc, very distracting when I am climbing.

In Martial arts, which I used to do, it was encouraged and normal to grunt etc, it helped to push yourself in some way.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook