Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
ISO fellow local climbers for sick bouldering sessions
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

herring

Dec 18, 2008, 6:25 AM
Post #1 of 3 (521 views)
Shortcut

ISO fellow local climbers for sick bouldering sessions  (North_America: United_States: Florida: South: Blowing_Rocks)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Seriously. I haven't had a good fix since I left Colorado and this seems to be the only real rock in florida (I hate you florida). In fact, florida is so crappy, I refuse to even capitalize the f.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone who is within a reasonable driving distance to get in a weekend bouldering session every now and then (or a full moon session if the tide is right).

Let's get a community going. Either that or let's burn this motherfucking state down.

kingt99

Dec 18, 2008, 7:48 AM
Post #2 of 3 (505 views)
Shortcut

Re: [herring] ISO fellow local climbers for sick bouldering sessions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

burn it down to what? it's already flat as F***. I can't make it this weekend. I've heard that Blowing Rocks, well, Blows! due to it being on the beach, erosion plays a big factor in how stable it is and the quality of the rock too. I haven't heard anything god enough to make it worth the trip.

herring

Dec 18, 2008, 7:51 AM
Post #3 of 3 (499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kingt99] ISO fellow local climbers for sick bouldering sessions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ya, it's not that hot, but I think that the erosion has taken care of most of the soft rock. What is left seems pretty bullet-hard to me (no broken holds yet). It is SHARP as hell though. I'm not sure if I would be willing to road trip to it either. Unfortunately for me, there aren't any gyms nearby, so this is my only reasonable option. Blah.

Anyway, hit me up if you are ever headed down.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$49.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook