Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Pilot Mountain Adopt-a-Crag 1/10/09
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climbrox391

Jan 5, 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #1 of 4 (724 views)
Shortcut

Pilot Mountain Adopt-a-Crag 1/10/09  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Pilot_Mountain)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello all,

I wanted to post a reminder for anyone who doesn't frequent the Carolina Climber's website (http://www.carolinaclimbers.org) that we are needing volunteers this Saturday for trail maintenance at Pilot Mountain. Please meet at the summit parking area at 9:00 am - there is a slight chance of rain but for now it is still a go. Please bring gloves, water, sturdy boots. We will be working on closing part of the Grindstone trail, and there will be food and AF schwag for those in attendance. PLEASE PM me or reply to this thread if you will be coming so that I have a head count for feeding everyone. You can also email me at mhauserATcarolinaclimbersDOTorg My apologies for not thinking to post here earlier, but we need volunteers to help out and show the new park superintendent that our group is committed to working with them. Also, if you are new to the area/climbing, this is a great opportunity to get out and meet fellow climbers. Of course, climbing to follow completion of trail work as always.

Matt

climbrox391

Jan 12, 2009, 6:28 AM
Post #2 of 4 (682 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbrox391] Pilot Mountain Adopt-a-Crag 1/10/09 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just wanted to say thank you once again to everyone who came out to help on Saturday. It was unfortunate that it was so windy and not exactly an ideal day for climbing afterwards, but we had 37 people come and I'm sure we made a positive impression on the new superintendent. It was nice meeting everyone and I look forward to seeing you all out in the months to come.

Matt

MikeSaint

Jan 12, 2009, 8:22 AM
Post #3 of 4 (656 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbrox391] Pilot Mountain Adopt-a-Crag 1/10/09 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wish I could have made it out...

What were the objectives for the day? I noticed that first gully was considerably cleaner last month. And by clean I mean more feasible to hike down in place of taking the Three Bears Gully. Was that one of the projects?

In either case, thank you!

(This post was edited by MikeSaint on Jan 12, 2009, 8:28 AM)

climbrox391

Jan 12, 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #4 of 4 (636 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MikeSaint] Pilot Mountain Adopt-a-Crag 1/10/09 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We closed the top entrance to the Grindstone trail (about 100 yds down on the right from the summit trail head going towards 3 Bears) and the end of that same trail where it meets back up with the Ledge Springs trail to eliminate the unnecessary loop and picked up numerous large bags full of litter. Not sure about that gully you mentioned - someone may have cleaned it up before Saturday.

Matt

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$107.96 (10% off)
$7.65 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook