RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

Partner happiegrrrl

Jan 22, 2009, 3:27 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3258 views)
Shortcut

Gunks Photographers/ Jtree Photographers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for some photos to use on a new web page I am making, which will be called "The Virgins Guide to Gunks Climbing."

I've already made one for Joshua tree, which you can see here:
Virgin's Guide To Joshua Tree Climbing

The JTree is getting an average of 50 page views a week since I put it up at the start of December '08, and was added to the resource page for Jtree on a large website. I expect the Gunks one will also be added to this source. I'll also be cross-referencing both pages to each other.

The photos on the JTree one were taken by myself, but I have crappy photos for the Gunks. I need your help!

Here's what I am looking for and can do(no cash, sorry)
- Will credit each photo, and add a specific section to the page highlighting the photographers with links to their websites.
- Looking for photos to go along with the various sections of the web page(you can see how this is done on the Jtree one.

I would like to have some beauty shots of course, scenis views and of climbers on some classic routes, but also will look for
- camping photo - in Slime/MUA and/or parking lot of preserve
- bouldering
- climber(s) eating, at the cliffs, preferably - for the "Feed Me" section
- a loaded down climber rig - for the "Getting There" section
- gear/rack shot or photo of/from inside Rock & Snow - to use for a section about gear shops
- "Mohonk Preserve" type of shot(Visitor Center? Scenic landscape?) - for section which will detail the organization
- Historicals - especially if you have a wonderful resource online to which I can direct viewers

...other

You can PM or post questions here. Will discuss how to view/choose from your selection and details on how to use and credit the photos.

JTree - If you are a photographer with a web page or site(or page on your site) dedicated specifically to JTree and would like to be included on a "Photography in Joshua Tree" section on the "Virgin's Guide To" page of mine - please send me a link and I will add it. This is a new section to that page which has not yet been placed.

I MAY do the same for the Gunks page, if the photographers who submit photos are able to accept that. But if I get a professional photographer offering great shots, I need to have their approval of that before proceeding.

ECRGclimb95

Jan 25, 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Gunks Photographers/ Jtree Photographers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ive got a lot of Bouldering Shots,
However I dont know the names of a few of the people.
You could just credit saying Annonymous on ______

JP Whitehead on The Meaning of Life V5

Adam Catalano on The Meaning of Life V5

Anonymous on The Bhudda V7

Ben Horgan on The Bhudda V7

Ben Horgan on The Bhudda V7

mojomonkey

Jan 26, 2009, 3:05 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3107 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Gunks Photographers/ Jtree Photographers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your JTree guide is at http://www.squidoo.com/firt-timers-guide-to-joshua-tree, you might want to fix that to be first. It will help with some search engines, and it looks bad to have a typo in the address anyway.

Partner happiegrrrl

Jan 26, 2009, 3:44 AM
Post #4 of 5 (3092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] Gunks Photographers/ Jtree Photographers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a small issue about changing the URL now. It's already linked quite a few places and a change in the url will break all those links.

I was a n00b with the Squidoo thing - I didn't even realize that was the URL.... It creates it automatically for you when you title the page. I originally called it "The First Timers...(obviously I had mispelled the damned word). The I changed it to "The Virgin's Guide."

I had no idea about the URL and by the time I realized 1) the typo and 2) That I'd prefer it to be a different URL, it was already on search engines across the egalaxy.

The good news is that it is coming up okay(at least in Google)l in search engines when people look for related topics. Some recent examples:
- "bouldering guide to joshua tree" - 3rd listing
- "joshua tree climbing guide" - 13th listing

I did better with the Gunks one. That url is: http://www.squidoo.com/gunks-climbing

Partner happiegrrrl

Jan 26, 2009, 3:45 AM
Post #5 of 5 (3091 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ECRGclimb95] Gunks Photographers/ Jtree Photographers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ECRGclimb95 - I need a little time before responding; will get back to you by PM.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook