Post #1 of 15 (15428 views)
Shortcut

Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder
Report this Post
Can't Post

From Momentum video's site:
In reply to:
In Rememberance of Sean Patrick

Earlier today I was informed that Sean Patrick passed away after some post surgery complications. Sean was known mainly as the founder of HERA's Climb For Life foundation. After my first introduction to H.E.R.A. I became aware of all the issue surrounding ovarian cancer and I became a part of the event for the next four years. I was just one of the many people who's eyes were opened and was directly blessed with Sean's efforts and HERA.

Though this is a very sad day for all of us who knew Sean and had the opportunity of feeling her energy first hand, I know she would want us to remember her with happiness. Her zest for life was contagious and her strong will was a reminder to many cancer victims to never give up. Sean was one of those people that wasn't scared of death as she had faced it so many times. This mentality let her live every day fully, face many challenges without fear while inspiring so many others to do the same. Her life is to be celebrated, it is to be respected, and is a reminder of climbing all our obstacles with confidence and grace.She has created an amazing legacy within H.E.R.A. and it will surely live on in her name.

-Joe Kinder

Condolences...

maldaly

Jan 20, 2009, 9:38 PM
Post #2 of 15 (15402 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Our world is a little better because Sean was in it. Thanks so much for all your grace.
Peace,
Mal

wonderwoman

Jan 21, 2009, 2:07 PM
Post #3 of 15 (15270 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maldaly] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My condolences to friends, family, and everyone she has known and helped through her work. I didn't know Sean Patrick, but read about her amazing contributions to women's health. I am inspired by her courage, perseverance and charity. May her work live on and continue to help others conquer ovarian cancer. Thank you, Sean, for all that you have done.

lemon_boy

Jan 21, 2009, 3:01 PM
Post #4 of 15 (15253 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my wife has and continues to work with the HERA organization, and i have had the opportunity to meet sean on several occasions. she was, ideed, a great person who will be missed. my condolences to friends and family.

Partner j_ung

Jan 21, 2009, 8:58 PM
Post #5 of 15 (15189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lemon_boy] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I collaborated with Sean on an article for this site a few years ago. She was a remarkable woman -- a true warrior. The world isn't just a little better for her having been here. It's a lot better. She left a mark that will be remembered for a long, long time and set in motion events that will continue helping people for even longer. We should all be so lucky to be remembered so fondly. Rest in peace, Sean. Frown

pdrbum

Jan 23, 2009, 1:04 AM
Post #6 of 15 (15100 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

to say Sean died after a long and valiant struggle with ovarian cancer would be such an understatement - Sean battled not only for herself but, through her tireless efforts with the HERA foundation, Sean fought to get the inforamtion out that ovarian cancer is not a silent killer - there are signs and syptoms that women and physicians should be made aware of - Sean selflessly vowed that other women should not be blindsided by the disease like she was -i am so priveleged to have been a part of HERA and shared hugs and smiles with Sean and miss will miss her always

geogoddess

Jan 23, 2009, 3:24 AM
Post #7 of 15 (15075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I bow my head for this woman's grace and courage. To face your own mortality is terrifying, yet it can also, in the hands and heart of the right person, be incredibly liberating. One single person, living freed from the fear of death, has the power to transform many people's lives. This takes incredible strength of spirit. I did not know Sean, yet I am grateful for her work, and I commit to give HERA my energy and support in the future.

wonderwoman

Jan 23, 2009, 6:18 PM
Post #8 of 15 (15032 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geogoddess] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is a nice Outside Magazine piece in Memory of Sean Patrick:

http://outside-blog.away.com/...e-sean-patrick-.html

And an earlier article outlining her struggle and strength:

http://ezinearticles.com/...Cancer&id=528410

And lastly, a link to the HERA Foundation:

http://www.herafoundation.org/

Partner j_ung

Jan 25, 2009, 7:04 PM
Post #9 of 15 (14931 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's Ben Moon's shot of Sean (dancing with Nate Gold) from the aforementioned article. And though it's not necessarily about just Sean, here's the article, too:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...den_of_Eden_248.html

(This post was edited by climbs4fun on Jan 26, 2009, 4:37 AM)

climbs4fun

Jan 26, 2009, 4:37 AM
Post #10 of 15 (14847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Here's Ben Moon's shot of Sean (dancing with Nate Gold) from the aforementioned article. And though it's not necessarily about just Sean, here's the article, too:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...den_of_Eden_248.html

I am so sorry to hear this. To say that Sean was an incredible and inspirational woman would be a huge understatement. She was the type pf person that we should all strive to be. I'm blessed to have known her.

Partner macherry

Jan 26, 2009, 3:02 PM
Post #11 of 15 (14813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

what a remarkable, strong, courageous woman;

her passing is sad, but her legacy will live on..

my condolences to family and friends

sticky_fingers

Jan 27, 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #12 of 15 (14740 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't believe I just heard about this (from climbing.com. I would have thought it would have been on rc.com's front-page).

I met Sean last year at a HERA kick-off in Fairfax, VA, and then saw her again with my wife at Sportrock for a day of climbing and socializing. I'd never participated in anything like HERA before last year(asking people for donations) and was astounded to see how much support I got for her cause. It's sad that not enough has been learned about cancer to prevent the loss of someone like Ms. Patrick.

kimmyt

Jan 27, 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #13 of 15 (14714 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sticky_fingers] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am incredibly saddened to hear this. 2-3 years ago I had the pleasure of taking part in the HERA Climb4Life in Salt Lake City. Sean was a wonderful, strong woman, and the world will surely miss her.

K.

eug

Jan 28, 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #14 of 15 (14408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kimmyt] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

For those in the Washington DC-Maryland-Virginia area, lets continue the great legacy that Sean started.

Please join us in the Washington DC Climb4Life event that starts on Feb 27th and ends on March 28th and make this the best Climb4Life event ever.

You are more than welcome to join my team or register on your own. Whatever you do, just register and join us in this event.

If you have any questions, please PM

http://www.heraclimb4lifedc09.kintera.org/eyesinthesky

clmbrchick

Jan 31, 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #15 of 15 (13689 views)
Shortcut

Re: [eug] Sean Patrick, H.E.R.A founder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sean Patrick has been an inspiration to so many! Through so much adversity, she always had a smile on her face and the energy to get after it. Sean, you are loved and missed...and a tear drops from my face onto a smile thinking about all the climbing you are doing now...Peace be with you my friend!!

Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook