RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

fxgranite

Feb 3, 2009, 1:21 PM
Post #1 of 3 (435 views)
Shortcut

More catagories in the gear section
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Or maybe a better way of organizing the information. Right now, its great if you just want reviews on a specific product, but if you try and use it to browse for a new pair of shoes for instance, it just won't work.

Now maybe thats the idea of the gear section, to just provide reviews but I think it would be cool to be able to browse for gear through it. For instance, I'm looking for a new pair of crack climbing shoes. Instead of posting a new thread titled "what shoes should I get" I'd have to look through ~10 pages of shoes listed in no particular order. It'd be nice if I could filter out shoes that are obvious overhanging sport shoes, etc.

I'm not really sure how something like this could be implemented though. Maybe have some different categories other than velcro, slippers, lace-ups? For carabiners (the other huge category) maybe have some different classifications for size and/or strength?

Another idea is to have a different classification that could be voted on, much like posting a comment, as to what each user thought the piece of gear was best at. This would be more applicable to shoes than carabiners.

Of course there will always be some gear that doesn't really fit in a particular category and I'm not really sure how that could be gotten around. Also, this seems like a fairly large amount of work to implement so I won't be too offended if you all tell me to blow it out my assWink

Partner j_ung

Feb 3, 2009, 2:07 PM
Post #2 of 3 (427 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fxgranite] More catagories in the gear section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Blow it out your---

Kidding. Tongue

No, you're right, the Gear Guide does need some reorganizing. Most notably, users need the ability to sort by a variety of criteria, for example by manufacturer. I don't know if we can get into the detail you want for shoes, but we sure can make it better than it is. There are other bits and pieces on the old to-do list, also. The Gear Guide may end up seeing some love earlier than I originally thought. (I originally thought 2010.)

fxgranite

Feb 3, 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #3 of 3 (422 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] More catagories in the gear section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet. Stuff in the works.

Thanks Jay

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook