RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner angry

Dec 30, 2008, 7:42 PM
Post #1 of 18 (4802 views)
Shortcut

Please bring back the killfile
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

At this point, I'd probably be willing to pay for an effective sitewide cross-browser killfile.

The old one worked great. Can't we just reissue it? That and a counter that tells the user just how many people have killfiled him/her and why.

Partner j_ung

Dec 30, 2008, 9:23 PM
Post #2 of 18 (4800 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm working on it. The next big thing is to set up some sort of development environment. A couple bugs in the Bugs Forum ar due in part to us not having one. Unfortunately, that's not really an edition users will actually see. Immediately after getting that set up, though, I start in on the final forum changes. Those include post rating, killfiling and a couple others to boot.

In the meantime, jt512's Tweaks has a killfile, and a few other goodies to boot. Check here:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...rum.cgi?post=1655304

rhaig

Dec 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #3 of 18 (4793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

something like
killfile if (Author == 'rrrADAM') && (messageBody contains 'God')

(This post was edited by rhaig on Dec 30, 2008, 11:34 PM)

Partner angry

Dec 31, 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #4 of 18 (4785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rhaig] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Definitely one of the first on the list.

Wolfman777

Feb 4, 2009, 3:06 AM
Post #5 of 18 (4673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Who's second on your list?

rockie

Feb 4, 2009, 7:55 AM
Post #6 of 18 (4658 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Wolfman777] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would think angry is first on many people's list.

As to working on it?

I don't think these ideas are good if it just means people like angry get to abuse it for their own nasty gratification. The star rating one sucks, this site is going down the pan if these are the silly ideas that are coming out, leave the site alone.

Kill files should be there for the right reasons, e.g. to block people like, e.g. angry, when you can't be bothered to respond to the petty comments of his posts.
They should not be there just to have e.g. angry and his other sick friends join in against someone just for the hell of it. Is that guy really going to become a nurse, well good luck to him as I doubt he will get past the first year given his attitude. If it's a good school they'll pick up on that right away.

Back to topic, kill file should not be there just as someone may not like something that is posted. But wtf! we all have to suffer at what e.g. angry posts out, just look at his crazy pathetic reaction to the climbing with baby thread, among others. Yet we don't all like what comes from him either so what's the difference, apart from we don't all react to a post we dislike quite as immaturely as he does?

(This post was edited by rockie on Feb 4, 2009, 7:59 AM)

rockie

Feb 4, 2009, 7:59 AM
Post #7 of 18 (4656 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockie] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

So yes please do bring back the killfile as I would love to block angry and never have to read what he posts ever again. Smile

rockie

Feb 4, 2009, 8:02 AM
Post #8 of 18 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
I'm working on it. The next big thing is to set up some sort of development environment. A couple bugs in the Bugs Forum ar due in part to us not having one. Unfortunately, that's not really an edition users will actually see. Immediately after getting that set up, though, I start in on the final forum changes. Those include post rating, killfiling and a couple others to boot.

In the meantime, jt512's Tweaks has a killfile, and a few other goodies to boot. Check here:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...rum.cgi?post=1655304

And that! : The old one worked great. Can't we just reissue it? That and a counter that tells the user just how many people have killfiled him/her and why.

Is a very bad idea! If you do that, you are just opening this site up to it becoming an abusive one. Stop it now. And remind Angry that he does not own this site let alone control what goes on here.
Get rid of these stupid stars and ratings too. It's nuts.

(This post was edited by rockie on Feb 4, 2009, 8:17 AM)

jakedatc

Feb 4, 2009, 5:47 PM
Post #9 of 18 (4630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

add rockie to the kill file list :P you've been here little over a year.. you've never HAD the old kill file... you have no idea what you're talking about. you couldn't put 3 comments in one post? if you think Jay would put a counter and comments on the kill file option you're delusional

SHHHH

Valarc

Feb 10, 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #10 of 18 (4602 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
add rockie to the kill file list :P you've been here little over a year.. you've never HAD the old kill file... you have no idea what you're talking about. you couldn't put 3 comments in one post? if you think Jay would put a counter and comments on the kill file option you're delusional

SHHHH

Agreed. I've never wanted a kill file before. Not sitting through Majid's ramblings, not when I was butthurt that Jay was being mean to everyone who couldn't climb 5.12 sport, not when spidermonkey was acting like a complete tool.

I came to the suggestions and feedback forum specifically to suggest they move the killfile up on the priority list, because I'm convinced rockie's posts are the most useless thing to ever hit this site, and if I don't remove them from my view soon, I'm going to become retarded simply from reading them.

Angry holds more climbing knowledge in his left tit than rockie has in her entire whiney, annoying, machine-gun-posting, know-it-all body.

I would actually love it if they put in a counter, because I guarantee more people will killfile that annoying twit rockie than would Angry.

Edit: I broke down and downloaded Jay's killfile script.

Much better.

(This post was edited by Valarc on Feb 11, 2009, 12:21 AM)

Partner j_ung

Feb 11, 2009, 3:42 PM
Post #11 of 18 (4586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valarc wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

SHHHH

Agreed. I've never wanted a kill file before. Not sitting through Majid's ramblings, not when I was butthurt that Jay was being mean to everyone who couldn't climb 5.12 sport, not when spidermonkey was acting like a complete tool.

I came to the suggestions and feedback forum specifically to suggest they move the killfile up on the priority list, because I'm convinced rockie's posts are the most useless thing to ever hit this site, and if I don't remove them from my view soon, I'm going to become retarded simply from reading them.

Angry holds more climbing knowledge in his left tit than rockie has in her entire whiney, annoying, machine-gun-posting, know-it-all body.

I would actually love it if they put in a counter, because I guarantee more people will killfile that annoying twit rockie than would Angry.

Much better.

Thank god.

I'll do what I can to move the killfile up, but there are a few things I can't put it past. I can do it before the search stuff, I suppose. I'm starting to think it's also a good idea to get it done earlier rather than sooner.

notapplicable

Feb 13, 2009, 3:24 AM
Post #12 of 18 (4563 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Valarc wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

SHHHH

Much better.

Thank god.

I'll do what I can to move the killfile up, but there are a few things I can't put it past. I can do it before the search stuff, I suppose. I'm starting to think it's also a good idea to get it done earlier rather than sooner.

Just be sure and add a way for people to know who has killfiled them. Personally I'm just curiouse if I've been *ploinked* but it would also let people know whos posts they might as well not bother replying to.

Valarc

Feb 13, 2009, 3:33 AM
Post #13 of 18 (4560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

Just be sure and add a way for people to know who has killfiled them. Personally I'm just curiouse if I've been *ploinked* but it would also let people know whos posts they might as well not bother replying to.

The problem with that becomes abuse. Think of the way spidermonkey kept registering new accounts to curse out the mods over and over again, but directed at a user instead. Someone going out of his way to troll a specific person would know exactly when one account was no longer reaching that person, and registers another to harass them some more.

Considering the number of people who screw around with alternate accounts just to troll on RC.com, I doubt we need to give them any MORE incentive to have multiples.

notapplicable

Feb 13, 2009, 4:37 AM
Post #14 of 18 (4556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valarc wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

The problem with that becomes abuse. Think of the way spidermonkey kept registering new accounts to curse out the mods over and over again, but directed at a user instead. Someone going out of his way to troll a specific person would know exactly when one account was no longer reaching that person, and registers another to harass them some more.

Considering the number of people who screw around with alternate accounts just to troll on RC.com, I doubt we need to give them any MORE incentive to have multiples.

Hadn't really thought of that but do you really care if a feature that gives us pleasure causes the administration more headaches. Thats kind of what they're there for. Devil

Plus, aren't you curious? I am.

Partner j_ung

Feb 13, 2009, 2:35 PM
Post #15 of 18 (4539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with Valarc on this. Letting people know which people killfiled you -- from a moderator's perspective -- sort of defeats the purpose of having a killfile, that purpose being to give people an option other than flame wars.

(This post was edited by j_ung on Feb 21, 2009, 10:44 PM)

clausti

Feb 21, 2009, 4:11 PM
Post #16 of 18 (4467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

rockie wrote:

Is a very bad idea!

Is a sentence fragment!

seriously, rockie, sometimes it's impossible to tell what the fuck you are trying to say. which seems to have a direct bearing on why oh why you don't like the star system.

Partner angry

Feb 27, 2009, 3:31 AM
Post #17 of 18 (4424 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Wolfman777] Please bring back the killfile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wolfman777 wrote:
Who's second on your list?

I went ahead and used Jay's killfile.

So far Subantz, Rhaig, and Rockie are on. I'm tempted to add USnavy to the list but he's just so damn stupid I feel like keeping him around.

I'm satisfied so far.

Valarc

Feb 27, 2009, 3:41 AM
Post #18 of 18 (4420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I'm satisfied so far.

My blood pressure has dropped quite a bit since installing Jay's killfile. Great piece of community service there.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook