Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
is there a way to create a training log for indoor training
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

 


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 8, 2009, 1:44 AM
Post #1 of 12 (950 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2803

is there a way to create a training log for indoor training
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I log all my outdoor climbs, i would like a spot to log my indoor training. Any chance you guys could build an application to handle traning records?


Partner j_ung


Mar 9, 2009, 8:19 AM
Post #2 of 12 (931 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [gblauer] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There is a chance we could do that, but not likely terribly soon, I'm afraid. How do you think such a thing could mesh with the site? My first inclination was in the RDB, but that's not quite right, huh? Do you think a separate section?


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 9, 2009, 9:04 AM
Post #3 of 12 (925 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2803

Re: [j_ung] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Let me think about what I would include in a training log and then I will PM you with my thoughts.


Partner j_ung


Mar 9, 2009, 9:10 AM
Post #4 of 12 (922 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [gblauer] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you don't mind, go ahead and put them down here, so we can get a discussion going. It'll be good to have others' input on this.


clausti


Mar 9, 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #5 of 12 (918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2004
Posts: 5690

Re: [j_ung] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

a calender.

on this month-view calender, you could see which days you went to the gym (they'd be shaded or something) and then you could also see (appearing like events) what you redpointed on the weekends.

but you'd need an option to make the gym-training log private. maybe i want to track it so i can judge if i do better with more rest days or fewer, but i don't really want it on my profile, cause i think it makes me seem like a gym climber, nawmean?


(This post was edited by clausti on Mar 9, 2009, 11:49 AM)


caughtinside


Mar 9, 2009, 1:49 PM
Post #6 of 12 (912 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30371

Re: [clausti] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

what's this? Clausti climbs in teh gym?

What a punter!!!


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 9, 2009, 4:55 PM
Post #7 of 12 (897 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2803

Re: [clausti] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Other things I would like to support:
1) Allow user to enter their gym projects and routes, for example;
Red 5.11d
Blue 5.12a or any other description user needs to remember the climb
2) Include the same ability that we already have in the routes log to say if you onsighted, red pointed, hang dog etc.
3) Include ability to say if you ARC'ed (for how long), lapped, or just projected


Partner j_ung


Mar 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #8 of 12 (887 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 21, 2003
Posts: 18687

Re: [gblauer] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
Other things I would like to support:
1) Allow user to enter their gym projects and routes, for example;
Red 5.11d
Blue 5.12a or any other description user needs to remember the climb
2) Include the same ability that we already have in the routes log to say if you onsighted, red pointed, hang dog etc.
3) Include ability to say if you ARC'ed (for how long), lapped, or just projected

I'm completely and totally uninterested in adding gym routes to the RDB, for a variety of reasons. How about if, for gym routes in your hypothetical gym-training log, you could customize route entries, so might have a route entitled. Red .11d/Chelsea Piers/3-10-09. This would allow you to distinguish it from other red routes, without overloading the RDB with 100 climbs all named "Red 11d."

Gah, this could potentially be a huge project. Crazy


clausti


Mar 10, 2009, 1:51 PM
Post #9 of 12 (878 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 4, 2004
Posts: 5690

Re: [j_ung] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
gblauer wrote:
Other things I would like to support:
1) Allow user to enter their gym projects and routes, for example;
Red 5.11d
Blue 5.12a or any other description user needs to remember the climb
2) Include the same ability that we already have in the routes log to say if you onsighted, red pointed, hang dog etc.
3) Include ability to say if you ARC'ed (for how long), lapped, or just projected

I'm completely and totally uninterested in adding gym routes to the RDB, for a variety of reasons. How about if, for gym routes in your hypothetical gym-training log, you could customize route entries, so might have a route entitled. Red .11d/Chelsea Piers/3-10-09. This would allow you to distinguish it from other red routes, without overloading the RDB with 100 climbs all named "Red 11d."

Gah, this could potentially be a huge project. Crazy

for what it's worth, the extent to which i'd personally be interested in such a feature would be just marking days i went to the gym/ the existence of a training session on a particular day. MAYBE a hard day/easy day differentiation. but i guarantee i'd never log specific routes.

the existence of a session and a comment box similar to the ascent notes which is already in place would be entirely sufficient.

hey, maybe i'm gonna go add "osugym training session" to the rdb so i can do so...


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 10, 2009, 3:13 PM
Post #10 of 12 (869 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2803

Re: [j_ung] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I absolutely would log gym routes as you have stated. Yes, I would want to distinguish the Red 12a by the clock from the Red 12a on the box.

I do understand that this could be a huge project...busy is good right?


caughtinside


Mar 10, 2009, 5:57 PM
Post #11 of 12 (866 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30371

Re: [gblauer] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

gblauer wrote:
I absolutely would log gym routes as you have stated. Yes, I would want to distinguish the Red 12a by the clock from the Red 12a on the box.

I do understand that this could be a huge project...busy is good right?

a huge project for routes that change frequently. You should sign up and take this bull by the horns!


gblauer
Moderator

Mar 10, 2009, 8:36 PM
Post #12 of 12 (851 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2002
Posts: 2803

Re: [caughtinside] is there a way to create a training log for indoor training [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would if I could, but, I don't code.

I would be happy to help design the functionality.


Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook