Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
lead course partners
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

raemaeg

Mar 12, 2009, 3:36 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1146 views)
Shortcut

lead course partners  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi i'm looking for some partners to get lead certified with me outdoors. the course i'm looking at is offered by doylestown rock gym in ralph stover state park. probably looking to start the course around the middle to end of may. the more ppl we get in on it, the cheaper it will be for everyone. please let me know if you are interested, or if you know of a similar course offered in the area that is affordable.
thank you.

coolcat83

Mar 12, 2009, 4:19 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [raemaeg] lead course partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

raemaeg wrote:
hi i'm looking for some partners to get lead certified with me outdoors. the course i'm looking at is offered by doylestown rock gym in ralph stover state park. probably looking to start the course around the middle to end of may. the more ppl we get in on it, the cheaper it will be for everyone. please let me know if you are interested, or if you know of a similar course offered in the area that is affordable.
thank you.

might want to specify what you mean by that, is it an AMGA course? or a just a lead climbing course? what's the "certification" you receive?

budman

Mar 12, 2009, 6:59 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1093 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Why not hire a guide for a day at the Gunks and tell them what you wish to learn. Or hang with the locals at Stover (which is where I learned to climb) and watch, learn and climb outside. Never heard of being lead certified for climbing outside the gym. Is big brother taking over outdoor climbing? Get out and climb as much as you can and meet the people that are lead climbing and you will be on your way. If you have any questions please email me, still have friends that climb there.

joeforte

Mar 15, 2009, 3:34 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember reading an article about how the Appies insisted that only "certified" climbers could climb in the gunks. That is until the Vulgarians came in and flipped them the bird!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook