RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

gilles

Apr 24, 2009, 4:37 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2455 views)
Shortcut

5.10 Moccasym
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I have this pair of moccasyms in size 8.5, but my actual shoe size is 9.5. ZThe reason I bought them a size small is cause everyone said that they stretch like crazy. So I am wondering when does the stretching happen? I have had these for about 1 year now and need to know if I should just sell these and bump to a size nine(which I initially tried on and liked) or dip em in hot water for 5 minutes and then try em on again. Any ideas?

crazy_fingers84

Apr 24, 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2444 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gilles] 5.10 Moccasym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would imagine that after a year your shoes would be broken in... you must not be wearing them enough. I went a full size down from my street shoe size with my mocs, and they were broken in after a couple weeks. Just put them on and wear them for as long as possible.

jeepnphreak

Apr 24, 2009, 4:46 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thats odd
I got mine and they streatched out in two weeks. I got mine 1.5 sizes smaller than my street shoe.
I tried the take a hot shower and were them for an hour or two after wards and see if you can not get them to loossen up.

Mine are like a snug glove fit now. they streatched a ton.

grampacharlie

Apr 24, 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How often do you climb?
If you head out on the weekends for a bit of top roping once or twice a month, then no, they won't have stretched out yet.

You actually have to sweat in them, and keep them on for more than a few minuets at a time, and get them to rember that they belong to your feet to get them to stretch out.

the warm water thing does work, but ONLY if you wear them until they are dry. Other wise, they shrink back to normal and you're in the same place you started.

TKubik

May 8, 2009, 8:40 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [grampacharlie] 5.10 Moccasym [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have these and I didn't use them for about 3 years and they were REALLY tight when out them on, but they only took a few uses for them to stretch out enough where I almost want to go by a smaller size.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook