Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
What A Trip!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

 


Hit_the_bowl


Apr 26, 2009, 7:24 PM
Post #1 of 18 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 5

What A Trip!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well I'm Relatively new to this site but, I have look around it for a couple of weeks. I want to say my story's. Last week my Father and I were going to climb Mt. Baldy In Southern Cali. I have not climbed in around 2-3 years due to school and such but, we go to the summit. During this time my Dad is getting his gear ready while I am hitting a bowl and dropping 2 hits of acid. I have never climbed on acid but my dad said it was quite a rush. We start climbing and after 30-40 mins. or so we get a good bit up the mountain. However by this time the mountain started to bow in shape and it seemed like I was at least 10 feet away. In reality I was only a couple Inches. as Time goes by I have not moved or tried to make my way up or down the mountain just hold on. My dad noticed I wasn't looking good. He comes over to help me and Over a time span of about 4 hours. He gets me to a safe place I can sit down and let the rest of the drugs get through my system. After I calm Down me and my dad make our way to our camp and Leave.
This was the worst climbing experience of my Life. Never do drugs and climb Its a horrible feeling of anxiety and Fear.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?


(This post was edited by Hit_the_bowl on Apr 26, 2009, 7:34 PM)


uni_jim


Apr 26, 2009, 7:40 PM
Post #2 of 18 (2140 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 27, 2008
Posts: 429

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

troll


Hit_the_bowl


Apr 26, 2009, 7:57 PM
Post #3 of 18 (2115 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 5

Re: [uni_jim] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am Not a Troll I have just wondered if someone else has had this type of experience as me.


(This post was edited by Hit_the_bowl on Apr 26, 2009, 7:57 PM)


subantz


Apr 26, 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #4 of 18 (2097 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 7, 2007
Posts: 1247

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

No, I may smoke a little. Before or after. I have never tripped and climbed. If I would have I think I would stick to bouldering. It would be easier to coach you down if you were wigging out only 5 feet off the deck. Yup bouldering thats the answer to tripping and climbing. I would leave the rope at home. But don't forget the Orange Juice and smoke.


Hit_the_bowl


Apr 26, 2009, 8:19 PM
Post #5 of 18 (2089 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 5

Re: [subantz] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

subantz wrote:
No, I may smoke a little. Before or after. I have never tripped and climbed. If I would have I think I would stick to bouldering. It would be easier to coach you down if you were wigging out only 5 feet off the deck. Yup bouldering thats the answer to tripping and climbing. I would leave the rope at home. But don't forget the Orange Juice and smoke.
Thanks I think I am not going to trip and climb anymore. I will try to do bouldering tomorrow. Thanks for the opinion!


irregularpanda


Apr 26, 2009, 8:21 PM
Post #6 of 18 (2082 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 13, 2007
Posts: 1364

Re: [uni_jim] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uni_jim wrote:
troll

How'd you know?

Here's a great video that was filmed in order to represent what it's like to climb mountains while hallucinating.
The climber's name is rick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU


jacobbelsher


Apr 26, 2009, 8:37 PM
Post #7 of 18 (2068 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 10, 2005
Posts: 147

Re: [irregularpanda] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
uni_jim wrote:
troll

How'd you know?

Here's a great video that was filmed in order to represent what it's like to climb mountains while hallucinating.
The climber's name is rick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

that is fucking awesome. God bless america.


irregularpanda


Apr 26, 2009, 9:04 PM
Post #8 of 18 (2047 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 13, 2007
Posts: 1364

Re: [jacobbelsher] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jacobbelsher wrote:
irregularpanda wrote:
uni_jim wrote:
troll

How'd you know?

Here's a great video that was filmed in order to represent what it's like to climb mountains while hallucinating.
The climber's name is rick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

that is fucking awesome. God bless america.

I feel the same way.

This poignant and astute insight into the dangers and liberating feelings that can come from climbing while "under the influence" is both profound and accessible. It truly takes a neutral standpoint on this amazingly important non-issue, allowing the viewer to interpret the pro's and cons of both sides of the argument.


Logikal41


Apr 26, 2009, 9:18 PM
Post #9 of 18 (2043 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 13, 2008
Posts: 32

Re: [irregularpanda] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

irregularpanda wrote:
uni_jim wrote:
troll

How'd you know?

Here's a great video that was filmed in order to represent what it's like to climb mountains while hallucinating.
The climber's name is rick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU

Hahahah... that gave me a good laugh. Thank you for that
`matt


subantz


Apr 27, 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #10 of 18 (1977 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 7, 2007
Posts: 1247

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

well now that I think back about it. If I start tripping in 1 place I am usually 20 miles from where I started and forgothow I got there. So you may start bouldering and then wonder through the woods. leave everything in your pockets in the car also. It disappears somehow everytime. seriously, disappears. So drop have fun and be as save as you can. Always remember you cant fly no matter how hard you flap your arms...Wink


shockabuku


Apr 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #11 of 18 (1974 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 20, 2006
Posts: 4867

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit_the_bowl wrote:
I am Not a Troll I have just wondered if someone else has had this type of experience as me.

My father encouraging me to do drugs? No.


Hit_the_bowl


Apr 27, 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #12 of 18 (1968 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 5

Re: [shockabuku] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
Hit_the_bowl wrote:
I am Not a Troll I have just wondered if someone else has had this type of experience as me.

My father encouraging me to do drugs? No.
I have Done LSD before just never climbing and it really gave me my first bad trip.


MikeSaint


Apr 27, 2009, 5:01 PM
Post #13 of 18 (1918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2007
Posts: 426

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit_the_bowl wrote:
Well I'm Relatively new to this site but, I have look around it for a couple of weeks. I want to say my story's. Last week my Father and I were going to climb Mt. Baldy In Southern Cali. I have not climbed in around 2-3 years due to school and such but, we go to the summit. During this time my Dad is getting his gear ready while I am hitting a bowl and dropping 2 hits of acid. I have never climbed on acid but my dad said it was quite a rush. We start climbing and after 30-40 mins. or so we get a good bit up the mountain. However by this time the mountain started to bow in shape and it seemed like I was at least 10 feet away. In reality I was only a couple Inches. as Time goes by I have not moved or tried to make my way up or down the mountain just hold on. My dad noticed I wasn't looking good. He comes over to help me and Over a time span of about 4 hours. He gets me to a safe place I can sit down and let the rest of the drugs get through my system. After I calm Down me and my dad make our way to our camp and Leave.
This was the worst climbing experience of my Life. Never do drugs and climb Its a horrible feeling of anxiety and Fear.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

Hey Man. Honestly..

You clearly havent seen what I've seen. If you have you'd keep your trap shut. There was a fellow in these parts who used to suck down the Peyote Buttons. He didnt last very long..


no_email_entered


Apr 27, 2009, 5:13 PM
Post #14 of 18 (1912 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 31, 2008
Posts: 558

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit_the_bowl wrote:
Well I'm Relatively new to this site but, I have look around it for a couple of weeks. I want to say my story's. Last week my Father and I were going to climb Mt. Baldy In Southern Cali. I have not climbed in around 2-3 years due to school and such but, we go to the summit. During this time my Dad is getting his gear ready while I am hitting a bowl and dropping 2 hits of acid. I have never climbed on acid but my dad said it was quite a rush. We start climbing and after 30-40 mins. or so we get a good bit up the mountain. However by this time the mountain started to bow in shape and it seemed like I was at least 10 feet away. In reality I was only a couple Inches. as Time goes by I have not moved or tried to make my way up or down the mountain just hold on. My dad noticed I wasn't looking good. He comes over to help me and Over a time span of about 4 hours. He gets me to a safe place I can sit down and let the rest of the drugs get through my system. After I calm Down me and my dad make our way to our camp and Leave.
This was the worst climbing experience of my Life. Never do drugs and climb Its a horrible feeling of anxiety and Fear.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

you weren't climbing, neither---


---hippy


(This post was edited by no_email_entered on Apr 27, 2009, 5:13 PM)


Hit_the_bowl


Apr 27, 2009, 6:01 PM
Post #15 of 18 (1886 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 26, 2009
Posts: 5

Re: [no_email_entered] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am by no meens a Hippy. I am 17 I do some sports for fun and get High. How am I a Hippy?


MikeSaint


Apr 27, 2009, 6:31 PM
Post #16 of 18 (1876 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2007
Posts: 426

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit_the_bowl wrote:
I am by no meens a Hippy. I am 17 I do some sports for fun and get High. How am I a Hippy?

Now you listen here boy. I'm psyched to see you exploring some avenues of the mind that are not often experienced. Aldous Huxley would contend that the brain is faucet head of reality- screening and filtering as necessary. (whatever that means).

You had a bad experience because you're 17 years of age and climbing for girls and money. Stop doing these things and you see what it is you were born to see.

In the end its a matter of allowing the Spiritual Oversoul to become realized through the metaphysical you. You have to accept that- in the absence of that which you are not, that which is, is not. And through such understanding you begin to understand that we operate in a world of constructive meaning and essentially dualities as mechanisms for survival.

Listen to the Rock it will guide you exactly where you need to be. Move for move. Route for route.

WTF

Only through listening to Flo Rida "You spin my head right round" are these words divined into my consciousness.


(This post was edited by MikeSaint on Apr 27, 2009, 6:32 PM)


no_email_entered


Apr 27, 2009, 6:35 PM
Post #17 of 18 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 31, 2008
Posts: 558

Re: [Hit_the_bowl] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hit_the_bowl wrote:
I am by no meens a Hippy. I am 17 I do some sports for fun and get High. How am I a Hippy?

you answered your own question there, pablo---



---and I say again, you were HIKING not climbing


---or should i say HIGH-KING


(This post was edited by no_email_entered on Apr 27, 2009, 6:35 PM)


limeydave


Apr 27, 2009, 6:35 PM
Post #18 of 18 (1861 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 2453

Re: [MikeSaint] What A Trip! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

MikeSaint wrote:
Hit_the_bowl wrote:
I am by no meens a Hippy. I am 17 I do some sports for fun and get High. How am I a Hippy?

Now you listen here boy. I'm psyched to see you exploring some avenues of the mind that are not often experienced. Aldous Huxley would contend that the brain is faucet head of reality- screening and filtering as necessary. (whatever that means).

You had a bad experience because you're 17 years of age and climbing for girls and money. Stop doing these things and you see what it is you were born to see.

In the end its a matter of allowing the Spiritual Oversoul to become realized through the metaphysical you. You have to accept that- in the absence of that which you are not, that which is, is not. And through such understanding you begin to understand that we operate in a world of constructive meaning and essentially dualities as mechanisms for survival.

Listen to the Rock it will guide you exactly where you need to be. Move for move. Route for route.

WTF

Only through listening to Flo Rida "You spin my head right round" are these words divined into my consciousness.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Don't climb for the money or the girls.

I did, and I died. A bear ate me. A ninja bear. With nunchuks.


Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook