RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

runderekrun

Apr 27, 2009, 7:39 AM
Post #1 of 10 (2329 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by runderekrun
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

a-e-jones

Apr 27, 2009, 8:17 PM
Post #2 of 10 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [runderekrun] Draws Taken from Kamikaze [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

runderekrun wrote:
Someone has taken two quickdraws from Kamikaze in the Kamikaze cave. I am hoping this will reach the people in question, and they will be returned to the route. They were in use. They are not yours. You should know better than to take equipment off of routes that does not belong to you.

2 draws? i reckon that sounds like booty material to me, should clean up after youself, or dont complain if things go missing

papa_eos

Apr 27, 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #3 of 10 (2240 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're going to leave them over-night, then that's booty. 2 draws seem like fair game to me. However if you had cinched on some quick-links on the end of dem dog bones, then that might have given those "people" a better idea of your intentions.Wink

altelis

Apr 28, 2009, 2:04 PM
Post #4 of 10 (2190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

runderekrun wrote:
Someone has taken two quickdraws from Kamikaze in the Kamikaze cave. I am hoping this will reach the people in question, and they will be returned to the route. They were in use. They are not yours. You should know better than to take equipment off of routes that does not belong to you.

......here we go again......Unsure

khan

Apr 28, 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #5 of 10 (2143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [papa_eos] Draws Taken from Kamikaze [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

papa_eos wrote:
If you're going to leave them over-night, then that's booty. 2 draws seem like fair game to me. However if you had cinched on some quick-links on the end of dem dog bones, then that might have given those "people" a better idea of your intentions.

Are you kidding me? The two draws that he is talking about are the third and fourth draws of a FULLY equipped sport route on very steep rock.

Go to any sport area with steep enough rock and some (or all) of the bolts in the steepest sections will be equipped with draws. Quicklinked draws are used only when the draws are being left permanently. Regular draws are used when one person equipped the route so they can work it.

Either way, the intentions are very clear. The draws are as much booty as the bolts and hangers are.

Reaganchung

Apr 28, 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #6 of 10 (2133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

were they your draws? If not, then maybe someone send the route and took them off. If they were, then.....I dont know.

a-e-jones

Apr 29, 2009, 3:56 AM
Post #7 of 10 (2096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [khan] Draws Taken from Kamikaze [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sounds like someone should of used quicklinks anyways, if you were able to put them up there then you should be able to take them down afterwards, have some respect for other hobbists that want to enjoy that area

michaelmay513

Apr 29, 2009, 4:07 AM
Post #8 of 10 (2091 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had this problem with my draws being stolen off of routes I'm working before. I gave up bitching about it and started removing my draws arter I'm done. There are a lot of assholes out there and removing my gear is the best way to stay away from those type of people.

king_rat

Apr 29, 2009, 4:44 AM
Post #9 of 10 (2083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Unless the particular crag is your private playground you have to accept that other people are going to come along. You may leave draws with the intention of coming back and working a route, and you may feel that itís clear that the draws have been left for that reason. If itís a whole line of draws it is clear that itís a project, you are just leaving one or two draws its ambiguous.

Personally, I think if you are leaving equipment of any kind, it needs to be very clear to others that it has been done intentionally, and that you are coming back for it, in cases where you are leaving one or two draws using quick links would signal this to others.

sailskisurf

Mar 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [king_rat] Draws Taken from Kamikaze [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok so this is a sport cave with plenty of fixed draws up there. If somebody is working a route and leaves draws up there it seems obvious that they are going to come back to get them or use them and not just littering a crag with their twenty dollar draws. Why not just use them and leave them up their for others? They are no more of an eyesore than the dozen or so fixed draws already up there. There's no practical purpose to taking them down, so your pretty much just stealing them, and why the hell are people defending petty theivery?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook