Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
questions about my 1st trip to table rock
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

possum2082

Apr 29, 2009, 9:10 AM
Post #1 of 4 (850 views)
Shortcut

questions about my 1st trip to table rock  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Table_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

okay...my friends and i are heading to table rock and i have some questions for the veterans that have been there.

1) what kind of temperatures can i expect during climbing (day) and camping (night) since the elevation is so high?

2) is the lightning ledge the same as the summit? if not, how do you walk off lightning ledge? right or left?

thanks.

clemsonscooby

Apr 29, 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #2 of 4 (825 views)
Shortcut

Re: [possum2082] questions about my 1st trip to table rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It can still get pretty hot there. Weather questions are easily answered at www.weather.com, go to boone, nc then click on averages. It will give you the average high, low, and precipitation for each month. I can't be more exact since you didn't say when you would be going.

The lightning ledge is not the summit. As far as getting off of it, I would consult a copy of N.C. Selected climbs.

possum2082

Apr 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #3 of 4 (813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clemsonscooby] questions about my 1st trip to table rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the reply. i bought "selected climbs." but the book just says walk off the lightning ledge. i might be making it more complicated than it is. it might be blatantly obvious when i am there. but. this is my first "big" multi.

clemsonscooby

Apr 29, 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #4 of 4 (797 views)
Shortcut

Re: [possum2082] questions about my 1st trip to table rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hit up North Ridge route 5.5. Great, easy intro. to Table Rock. Its a walk off, so bring your shoes. The Cave and Jim Dandy are other fun easy routes. If you are planning on doing everything as a walk off, just rack up at the car and walk in. That way you don't have to do extra walking to get your pack at the base of the climb. If you are going to be there for a few days, make sure you hike to the Ampitheater and get on some of the classics there. You won't be disappointed.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook