Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
rock climbing Trinity County
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ssmckee

May 11, 2009, 4:06 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2107 views)
Shortcut

rock climbing Trinity County  (North_America: United_States: California: Northern_California: Redding_River_Trail)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm moving to Weaverville this summer, looking for some top rope locations with easier routes. Any suggestions? Has anyone been to this Redding River Trail climbing area?

bobbo529

Jun 8, 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2037 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ssmckee] rock climbing Trinity County [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo.! I live in Redding, been to the bridge a bunch of times, great if you have just an afternoon and looking for a pump, but not worth driving to Redding for. Ive never been, but have you considered the trinity aretes? Apparently they are great, but Im not sure about topropes. If you are willing to go another 30 min further east of Redding, there is a limestone crag that is not too large, but epic in quality. Couple dozen routes, toprope-able and bolted to lead.

ssmckee

Jun 9, 2009, 2:26 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2019 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bobbo529] rock climbing Trinity County [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wink Thanks for responding! I've heard that the Trinity Aretes are on the difficult side, I would love to go, but would need a lead climber. Do you know the name of the limestone crag 30 min past Redding? Sounds like something to check out! I'm planning a trip to Redding later this week and might check out the bridge while I'm there..Thanks again!

bobbo529

Jun 9, 2009, 7:22 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2003 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ssmckee] rock climbing Trinity County [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, the limestone is listed on this site as "The Shredding"...though ive been there dozens of times and never heard it called that til I saw it here...It can be a bit difficult to find if youve never been, though only a 5 min hike in from where you park on the highway. I was shown the first time, and this is pretty typical. Let me know when you are going, I might know someone who wants to go out that day and will be happy to have you along!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook