Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Anyone able to Help
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Fire49EMT

May 26, 2009, 1:51 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1195 views)
Shortcut

Anyone able to Help  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for a spot (preferably near Berks) where I can drive up and climb, doesn't have to be a huge wall. I just need it for a photo, (car needs to be featured).......

so I just wanted to know if anyone knew of a spot in where you can drive up, or see the area from the car but still have the climber and car in the photo...

I know sounds weird, but it's for a photo contest...

Thanks

kennoyce

May 26, 2009, 2:00 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Fire49EMT] Anyone able to Help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry it's not near berks, but wall street in moab UT seems to fit your description.

Fire49EMT

May 26, 2009, 2:10 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kennoyce] Anyone able to Help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kennoyce wrote:
sorry it's not near berks, but wall street in moab UT seems to fit your description.

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/6/107376-largest_53986.jpg[/image]

that'd be perfect.... if only there was something like that around here... it doesn't even have to be that high.....

joeforte

May 26, 2009, 2:40 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Fire49EMT] Anyone able to Help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Can it be choss? All of the major highways around here have rock walls where they cut over the mountain tops.

sungam

May 26, 2009, 4:04 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kennoyce] Anyone able to Help [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy shitz! I rescued a chick from the route just to the right of that one. She fell on TR with lots of slack in the system and he foot went straight into the constricting crack. I'm fairly certain she broke it in at least 2 places. When I felt it in the crack there it felt fucked the fuck up.
He friends were fucking clueless and just shouted up "wiggle it a bit more!".
She was staying composed but was clearly in a lot of pain, so I jugged up the TR line, got her to sit on my shoulder, and had a wee looksy. She had a knife and had cut the laces+leather off most of her shoe, but he foot was swelling extremely badly and looked fucking nasty, and was definitely stuck bad. I asked if she wanted me to take it easy or just get it the fuck out. She said it was already fucked up so just get it the fuck out. I poored water on it, told her sorry, and cranked on that thing like a motherfucker, twisting it sideways and pulling it out before the leather could swell making it ever more stuck. She screamed "FUCK MY LIFE!" and punched the walls a bunch, but I got it out.
She then proceeded to cry happy tears, kiss me, then a short time later asked me if I would marry her. I said "we'll see".

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook