Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

phillygoat

Feb 5, 2009, 1:59 AM
Post #26 of 47 (4221 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

htotsu

Feb 5, 2009, 4:06 AM
Post #27 of 47 (4212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phillygoat] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sh0rty wrote:
his huge, orange spray tan, BRO hair cut head.
phillygoat wrote:

OOM

PA

LOOM

PA

DOO

PI

DY

DOO

mhix13

Feb 6, 2009, 3:19 AM
Post #28 of 47 (4170 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Sh0rty] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

seems like your belayer could have said something to the idiot in question (or climbing staff) when he started climbing below you. although in a gym he shouldn't have to if self-absorbed ass holes didn't climb below other climbers Tongue I think there'd be hell to pay if someone did that outside at the local crag.

Take a thick, heavy steel carabiner up next time and drop it on his head. He'll get why he shouldn't be climbing under people.

d0nk3yk0n9

Feb 6, 2009, 3:37 AM
Post #29 of 47 (4166 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mhix13] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mhix13 wrote:
seems like your belayer could have said something to the idiot in question (or climbing staff) when he started climbing below you. although in a gym he shouldn't have to if self-absorbed ass holes didn't climb below other climbers Tongue I think there'd be hell to pay if someone did that outside at the local crag.

Take a thick, heavy steel carabiner up next time and drop it on his head. He'll get why he shouldn't be climbing under people.

Personally, when people get stupid and climb under me, I tend to like to hook their wrists with my feet and pull their hands off of holds. It doesn't always work, but when it does, the stunned look on their face is so worth the attempt.

robbovius

Feb 6, 2009, 4:03 PM
Post #30 of 47 (4131 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phillygoat wrote:

OMFG, those two look like they lost a bet, and had to rub shoe polish all over their faces ;-)

Sh0rty, good luck, you've got lots of good ( adn funny) advice her abouts. understand that if you climb outside, that sort of nonsense diminishes by 75%.

Sh0rty

Feb 12, 2009, 3:58 AM
Post #31 of 47 (4056 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phillygoat wrote:
[image]http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/uploaded_images/DB9002-785921.jpg[/image]

That made my night BRO!

rockie

Feb 12, 2009, 6:26 AM
Post #32 of 47 (4046 views)
Shortcut

Re: [htotsu] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

htotsu wrote:
rockie wrote:
Or put ring on finger and show him and say.. "Look, I am engaged, but thanks all the same."
Good idea, but the ring could be dangerous during climbing. Maybe put a fake engagement ring on a necklace or somewhere else that's both secure and easily accessible. Then you can pull it out when necessary, but also keep it hidden and out of the way in case you don't need it (or in case you are actually approached by someone you like). Wink

A better idea:

Take your real bf (if you have one) or just your biggest male friend along with you. And make it look real give a huge fat wet kiss to each other, right in front of him. Look his way when you do it to ensure he is observing.

And that might just do it.. Especially if big fella also gives him a nice warning glare after Tongue

kbearchk

May 7, 2009, 2:44 AM
Post #33 of 47 (3832 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockie] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't think a Bro like this would ever get any subtle hints.

Embarrassing his ego is the best offense against a guy like this.

graniteboy

May 14, 2009, 8:38 PM
Post #34 of 47 (3741 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well...the male of the species...especially the young male....is problematic. Agreed. Testosterone is truly a terrible drug....I know...I was a young male. No quite as problematic as your "Bro" guy, but yeah....young males are sexist, sex obsessed asses. And I once was one. yup.

I propose (even though I'm male) that our species getting the details of Parthenogenic reproduction worked out for Homo sapiens may very well be the only way our species will ultimately survive.

Clonal female reproduction would probably be far superior to all the wars, testosterone induced crimes, etc that take place on this planet on a daily basis.

Really. Let's get those NSF proposals worked out...

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 20, 2009, 3:34 AM
Post #35 of 47 (3654 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My recommendations boil down into either bringing up / joking about a “dick shriveling” subject or using the death stare.

DS subject include venereal diseases, young children at home, and marriage. Powerful, but must be used with caution. There is also risk in that the application may be too subtle for the stupid.

As in: “Wow thanks for coming over to help my belayer, just ignore him, he isn’t the father of my 1 year old twins. Sorry, my name is Shirlie, which is really funny cause it rhymes with Herpie. At least that is what I how I introduce myself at my STD support group. So, thanks for the belay advice, I was hoping to meet responsible, marriage type guy here. Oh silly me, what is your name….”

Or the death stare. Practice on little kids at the grocery store checkout line. Look at the middle of the nose, between the eyes and pretend that your eyes are lasers that are killing them. Mouth should be locked in an emotionless non expression. Works every time on kids. Should work most of the time on bros. Keep the stare, don’t say anything, force him to back down.

iluvtoplayoutside

May 20, 2009, 4:21 AM
Post #36 of 47 (3651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I understand what your talking about, it used to happen to me a lot when I *was* a fast pro mountain biker and even today on the wall or on the trails my skills are better than most and that seems to bother guys or get them to be obnoxious.

I'm not sure it this is healthy or not, but any idot, male or female (I've seen girls do the same thing if there are minimal females and lots of guys around) it just kinda fires me up, I like to transfer that negative energy into powerful movement, and then whatever pissed me off, well it's gone, and I used that energy to pull off some tough moves (not for them to see, for me to vent). That works well for me though.

Climb, ride, paddle, whatever you do, like a girl!
In reply to:

rockie

May 20, 2009, 4:56 AM
Post #37 of 47 (3649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kbearchk] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kbearchk wrote:

Okay, maybe:

"Thanks but no thanks, I am not that desperate"

Or..

"You are too small for me" (looks between his legs).

timstich

May 24, 2009, 3:49 PM
Post #38 of 47 (3557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the desire to deliver some sort of verbal zinger to the guy shouldn't deter you from just simply telling him to "Go away." Nothing cute about those words and they are what you want to happen. If you try insulting him, you might actually get a rise out of him. Keep it simple.

Partner rrrADAM

May 26, 2009, 7:12 PM
Post #39 of 47 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kbearchk] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kbearchk wrote:

Agreed... Tell him, "I noticed how the harnesses make a guy's package look so much bigger. You must be cold?"

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on May 26, 2009, 7:12 PM)

chadnsc

May 26, 2009, 7:45 PM
Post #40 of 47 (3459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rockie wrote:

While that is funny it may backfire and the little douchebag may try defending his masculinity . . . probably not something anyone wants to see.

I'd say just tell him he's annoying and that you want him to leave you alone. If he doesn’t leave you alone physically make him leave you alone either by yourself or with the help of others around you.

Partner rrrADAM

May 26, 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #41 of 47 (3441 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
rockie wrote:

While that is funny it may backfire and the little douchebag may try defending his masculinity . . . probably not something anyone wants to see.

I'd say just tell him he's annoying and that you want him to leave you alone. If he doesn’t leave you alone physically make him leave you alone either by yourself or with the help of others around you.
That'll work as well... Tell him he's annoying, and that he's making you uncomforatable, and to leave you alone. If that doesn't work, tell the staff that he's annoying you, making you feel uncomfortable, and that you told him to leave you alone but he won't.

That will get him to leave you alone, and embarass him at the same time.

vawallflower

Jun 4, 2009, 3:43 PM
Post #42 of 47 (3276 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Any type of eye or verbal contact is probably gonna make it continue. It takes two to play ball, just don't hit it back to him when he serves.

chadnsc

Jun 4, 2009, 4:47 PM
Post #43 of 47 (3265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vawallflower] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd have to disagree with being passive about harassment. Don't just sit there and take it, hit the serve back at him. Just be sure to hit it hard enough that it knocks him down so he can't get up.

clausti

Jun 4, 2009, 5:55 PM
Post #44 of 47 (3254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
I'd have to disagree with being passive about harassment. Don't just sit there and take it, hit the serve back at him. Just be sure to hit it hard enough that it knocks him down so he can't get up.

no, in all seriousness, a firm directive to leave you alone and then a lack of reaction is the only good response. a guy like that will take any reaction he can get.

not that this thread is 6 months old or anything, but in a general sort of way.

chadnsc

Jun 4, 2009, 6:12 PM
Post #45 of 47 (3249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think we're advocating the same response, just worded a bit differently.

Tell him to knock it off and then drop it. If he doesn’t stop don't get mad and confront him, just get someone else with authority (the gym staff or the cops) to make him stop.

Don't just sit there and take the abuse all the while avoiding eye contact with the dork.

Like you said the thread is 6 months old but in general.Blush

clausti

Jun 4, 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #46 of 47 (3246 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
I think we're advocating the same response, just worded a bit differently.

Tell him to knock it off and then drop it. If he doesn’t stop don't get mad and confront him, just get someone else with authority (the gym staff or the cops) to make him stop.

Don't just sit there and take the abuse all the while avoiding eye contact with the dork.

Like you said the thread is 6 months old but in general.Blush

the fact that we are saying the same thing is more clear in this post. so, yes, i agree.

blkela

Jun 14, 2009, 9:07 AM
Post #47 of 47 (3143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gym_wench] Harassment [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My favorite wounded ego moments have to be when a guy tries something you destroyed, and, when they get thrashed on it, respond with, "That's a girl problem/route." I wanna kick 'em hard in the nuts and say, "Here, now that your nuts are ovaries, give it another shot."

good approach. i feel like that when my partner does a 5.14a.... the best i can only do is a 5.13d.... ohhh, and im a guy, my partner... well... shes my wife!!! (a 5.14a isnt her best either)
she can probably climb better that anyone on this thread. the last time she took sh!t from someone, she spent some time for assault. again... good approach, but not recommended.

that being said, back to the subject: if its that big of a deal, get his a$$ kicked out of the gym and think of it no more, he is just a punk trying to catch your eye.

(This post was edited by blkela on Jun 14, 2009, 6:32 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook