Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
Purpose of Accident and Incident Analysis forum?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

jakedatc

May 27, 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1140 views)
Shortcut

Purpose of Accident and Incident Analysis forum?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm being serious.

I think there needs to be a better "mission statement" of sorts because

majid wrote:
In reply to:
I do not want to become involved with analysis and I have my own reasons

Flies in the directly opposite direction of the actual title of the forum

If the owners/mods want it to be an accident reporting forum then i think things need to be outlined in a better fashion. I find it weird that one of the most highly moderated forums does not have a statement of purpose under it. it used to be

"“In a sport with this level of risk you have to be serious about safety. Share your experiences, and learn from others. Let's honor those who've passed away by not repeating mistakes! Please keep posts factual and of high quality.” " (took a bit of digging to find it) *emphasis mine

J_ung wrote: (http://www.rockclimbing.com/...d;page=unread#unread )
In reply to:
the wholesale posting of any and all possibly-climbing-related accident has thus far not proven to be very useful.

majid_sabet

May 28, 2009, 6:21 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Purpose of Accident and Incident Analysis forum? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
I'm being serious.

I think there needs to be a better "mission statement" of sorts because

majid wrote:
In reply to:
I do not want to become involved with analysis and I have my own reasons

Flies in the directly opposite direction of the actual title of the forum

If the owners/mods want it to be an accident reporting forum then i think things need to be outlined in a better fashion. I find it weird that one of the most highly moderated forums does not have a statement of purpose under it. it used to be

"“In a sport with this level of risk you have to be serious about safety. Share your experiences, and learn from others. Let's honor those who've passed away by not repeating mistakes! Please keep posts factual and of high quality.” " (took a bit of digging to find it) *emphasis mine

J_ung wrote: (http://www.rockclimbing.com/...d;page=unread#unread )
In reply to:
the wholesale posting of any and all possibly-climbing-related accident has thus far not proven to be very useful.

jake

The last report I posted was based on FACT which was investigated by few climbers in conjunction with local law enforcement agency and not by some rumors. Two climbers fell to their death based on falling on poor anchor and it was clear as a bright day light on what went wrong. Did I know about this a head of time? You bit that I had pretty good opinion on what went wrong in April 5 but I have learned over the years not to become involve but watch and let others do the talk on I&A.

Now, can I do analysis about climbing accident? Yes, I could do in detail but I do not want to. Even when I know the fact or seen it first hand, I will not do it. Great example of that is how a mod just recently deleted my analysis for his own personal reasons.

Does that make sense ?

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook