Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing near Pullman, Washington State
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ginja1980

Jun 15, 2009, 3:35 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3003 views)
Shortcut

Climbing near Pullman, Washington State  (North_America: United_States: Washington: Eastern_Washington)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was told to re-post this message here:

Hello,

I'm from England. I am contemplating taking a job in Pullman, Washington State, which is on the border of Washington State and Idaho.

What is the climbing like in that area? From what I understand there is some local top-roping in Pullman but if you travel into Idaho there is a lot more. is this true? Are there any local climbing clubs I could join? Since I will not know anybody a club would be useful for meeting people.

Also, if anyone has any opinions on whether Pullman is a nice place to live then I would be very grateful for their opinions.

Cheers!

roclimb

Jun 16, 2009, 9:10 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2979 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ginja1980] Climbing near Pullman, Washington State [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pullman is a tiny little countryesque town and basically a cute college town. There are a lot of clubs at Uof I and WA U.
The landscape is realy flat to the West until you hit the Cascades. Just a few miles East are mountains.
Its not by any means a climbing meca--the climbing in Pullman is pretty limited.
Smith Rocks is a couple hours drive. Spokane is about an hour and ther is a lot of climbing there and into Canada.
Summer has great weather. Pretty much from June until winter it's sunny almost all the time.
Its a pretty isolated town--not a lot to do around the surrounding area. City of Rocks is probably a 5 hour drive into ID.
There are honestly a lot of better climbing towns but Pullman is a cute town in a Doc Hollywood sort of way.
Hope that helps
~Rob

ryanb

Jun 16, 2009, 9:43 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ginja1980] Climbing near Pullman, Washington State [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SImilar question on supertopo:

http://www.supertopo.com/...html?topic_id=821590

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$1.35 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook