Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5Aug
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

hajiclimb

Jul 30, 2005, 8:10 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2080 views)
Shortcut

Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5Aug  (North_America: United_States: Texas: West_Texas: Franklin_Mountains_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Second attempt, sorry if this is already posted. I'm looking for a partner for sport/trad climbing near El Paso 1-5 Aug in the afternoon/evening. I have a car, rope, 3 harnesses, 9.5 womens shoes, 11.5 mens shoes, trad rack, quickdraws and I'll pay whatever access fees there might be. Hell, I'll spring for food, too. I can lead 5.8trad/5.10 sport and follow/top rope 5.11. I'm not interested in bouldering, though. I would be happy to climb anything, even if at a much easier level. I will be working in El Paso, but I expect to break away some afternoons and all evenings.

hajiclimb

Aug 3, 2005, 8:25 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2080 views)
Shortcut

Re: Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn!! I have the whole day free tomorrow, but I can't find anyone to climb with. There are no climbing gyms in El Paso and no climbing stores, so I can't recruit there. I even called a guide service, but they won't give a guide for a lone climber (thanks, Hueco Tanks Rock Ranch!) I was willing to pay, too. I'll be self-belaying Franklin Mountains tomorrow or I'll get some beggar at an intersection to come to Hueco Tanks. Actually, the former sounds a little safer.
I you want to climb El Paso, let me know.

mediagringa

Aug 15, 2008, 8:22 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hajiclimb] Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I just saw your post. I realize it's a few days late, but if you're still looking for someone to go with I'd like to join. I'm not very experienced and am at beginner level, but if you're cool with that, hit me up.

Filt

Jun 15, 2009, 8:29 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1252 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mediagringa] Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HEY GUYS,

I'm somewhat new to El Paso, but I love to climb. I'm somewhat of an intermediate climber I guess... Can't put a 5.anything rating on myself, but I'm not too bad, been climbing for a few years, and spent one year of college climbing every day. I'm starting to get into Trad. right now, just bought some cams, nuts, and another rope. I'm looking for new partners/friends to climb with outdoors, and I'm free at really weird days and times. email me at christopher.filteau@umit.maine.edu to set up a time to go climbing somewhere in the near future. You might see me around Hueco, I go there a lot. I just found out about Franklin quarry, so I might be out there if I can find it.

gates

Jul 3, 2010, 9:34 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hajiclimb] Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dude is the offer is still open? I have been wanting to learn for some time now, just need someone to give me some pointer if you are willing to teach me i am down to climb every weekend as a matter of fact i am on a 9 day vacation right now think about it

gates

Jul 3, 2010, 9:55 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Filt] Sport partner needed for Franklin Mountains El Paso 1-5A [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i just want to learn so if your down to teach you got a partner

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook