Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Classics at the Red
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

colatownkid

Jun 18, 2009, 7:48 PM
Post #1 of 2 (612 views)
Shortcut

Classics at the Red  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky: East: Red_River_Gorge__Climbing_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be at the Red for a couple days in early July. I'm thinking of doing a day of trad and a day of sport. I'm taking recommendations for awesome climbs.

I'm looking for 5.7-5.9 trad to warm up on and a few 5.10s nearby to try to onsight. In that regard, I've heard that "Rock Wars" is really good. I've also heard that "B3" is amazing, but 5.11 is definitely pushing it for me on gear. However, if the rests are good and gear is good, I'd probably go for it.

On the sport side of things, I'm looking for 5.8-5.10 to warm-up on and for my partner to climb and maybe a 5.11 or two to work for a day.

So...any good areas/walls to hit that meet these criteria?

captainstatic

Jun 29, 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #2 of 2 (562 views)
Shortcut

Re: [colatownkid] Classics at the Red [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Long Wall would be an excellent choice w/ Rock Wars & Autumn being classics. There is some easier trad @ LW too for warm ups as well as some pretty decent sport climbing. Game Boy @ LW is one of the longest sport climbs in the Red. LW is usually a good place for avoiding the crowd.

As far as a sport crag, that is really a hard question if you only have a day. You might want to do a search in the RRC.com online guide for crags that are in the shade because it is going to be hot in July.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$3.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook