RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

andy_lemon

Oct 31, 2001, 8:06 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Horse Pens 40 Closure.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I heard HP 40 in Georgia was recently closed due to the previous owner going in debt to the bank, so the bank took the land and closed it down. I have also heard that the Access fund is working on it...

HP 40 is the closest thing the East Coast has to Joshua Tree. Does anyone know anything else?

fiend

Oct 31, 2001, 8:34 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Horse Pens 40 Closure. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.southernslopers.com/HorsePensAccess.html

howieehrlich

Nov 15, 2001, 1:58 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Horse Pens 40 Closure. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Horse Pens 40 is my "local" bouldering area--its about 2 hours from me. anyway, it is all sandstone slopers (ive heard a lot like fountain bleu)with problems ranging from V0 to V10. realy good bouldering, best ive ever done east or west coast. as far as current access goes, its still closed, but the southeaster slimbers coalition (www.seclimbers.org) and the access fund are trying to get some sort of reopening, or even to buy at least some of the land (cost for the park is roughly 1 million). the park developer is currently working with the local bank to try and get it re-opened. best course of action right now would be to stay off the property as to not piss off the bank owners and hopefully it will be open in time fo the winter bouldering season.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$7.65 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook