Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Aqueduct Today
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

TKHouse

Jun 22, 2009, 4:25 PM
Post #1 of 3 (796 views)
Shortcut

Aqueduct Today  (North_America: United_States: Georgia: Georgia_South: Rae_s_Creek_Aqueduct)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Went to the aqueduct today with a friend, had some fun (albeit short) climbs. We mostly climbed on "the crack" where the tree is growing out of the wall, and at the corner by the arch.

I'm glad to report that the area is looking exceptionally well maintained. All of the tall brush that was growing below the wall closest to the arch has been cut.

The climb on the corner beside the "arch wall" is quite fun to climb, some interesting little moves. Probably 5.7 or so. I don't know if it has a name, but I will forever call it "crown of thorns" because I got these little thorns red all over me on first ascent.

Next trip I'm definitely cleaning that area of all growth on the first rappel down, should make for a real nice climb then. I took care of some light brushing as well, just getting some mud out of some pockets.

If you visit the area, please bring a trash bag and clean up some, there's a big can up on top, so all you have to do is drop trash in there. You might even get lucky, we came away today with a nice looking Nalgene bottle someone had left behind!

Have fun, climb safe
-Kenny

Feel free to message me for some Augusta area climbing, I'd love to go anytime!

stnydozer

Oct 6, 2010, 4:52 PM
Post #2 of 3 (577 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TKHouse] Aqueduct Today [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just went down there a few days ago. We cleaned up the root knob that was coming out of the wall thats in the corner, havn't had a chance to clean up the briars. Fun climb, good to learn on.

socalclimber

Oct 6, 2010, 6:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TKHouse] Aqueduct Today [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good for you guys for taking care of your local crag!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$16.42 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook