RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

jadeclimber

Nov 7, 2002, 6:44 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

ladies with big wall experience
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Are there any women out there with big wall experience? If so, do you have any advice for other women? Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: jadeclimber on 2002-11-07 16:18 ]

climbchick

Nov 9, 2002, 3:36 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

ladies with big wall experience [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try PMing or emailing HollyClimber. You can read about some of the stuff she did this summer in this thread. I did a big wall with PTPP earlier this year but the only female-specific advice I have is to bring a funnel if you're going to try and pee into a bottle.

[ This Message was edited by: climbchick on 2002-11-08 19:39 ]

brutusofwyde

Dec 1, 2002, 3:41 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My regular partner, Nurse Ratchet (aka Em Holland) has done a number of walls. If you have some specific questions, I'm sure she would be glad to discuss.

Em Holland [em.dash@attbi.com]

Brutus of Wyde
Old Climbers' Home
Oakland, California

krustyklimber

Dec 1, 2002, 7:07 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Holly would be a good choice for you to get a hold of she lives right in your area, and she is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

Jeff

iamthewallress

Jan 3, 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, this might be a little late, but probably not unless you were planning on a winter wall for your first (bad idea?)

For the most part, all of the wall systems work the same for boys and girls except for our,um, privatest needs.

Peeing into a bottle...My advice: Unless the updrafts are extreme, don't do it. Adding your pee to the tanks full of it that have already graced Guano Ledge or wherever isn't going to make it smell any worse. Since we chics are limited to straight-down peeing try to tend to natures call while belaying a leader unless you get skilled with the freshette hose for ledge-clearing pees.

Poo...works the same and it's just as embarassing to do it next to a man as it is a woman.

Periods...come prepared. If you do a wall that lasts several days, the stress of it can screw up your cycle. I speak from very unpleasant experience.

Being small (if you are) has its advantages on walls...Delicate placements will be more secure for you than for a 200 lb man. Load humping is a pain though. If you care more about the climb than the hike, I'd recommend picking routes with approach trails to get pack-animal assistance from your friends when it's all over, especially if you are soloing.

iamthewallress

Jan 3, 2003, 12:31 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One more bit of advice...Climbing walls solo or with other women is awesome and no one will ever ask you if you lead!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook