RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Announcements

Premier Sponsor:

ddt

Jul 14, 2009, 2:32 PM
Post #1 of 21 (16786 views)
Shortcut

New look for Routes section
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone,

As part of the section-by-section "refresh" of Rockclimbing.com, we've now updated the look of our Routes Section. You'll note:
  • The My Stuff box is no longer available on the left, but rather at the top right as a dropdown.
  • E-mail is no longer available on the main navigation bar - get to it from the My Stuff dropdown.
  • News is no longer available from the main navigation bar - get to it from the home page.
  • The colors have changed. You can play around with the color scheme and vote for your favorite by clicking the five colored boxes in the right of the main navigation bar.
As we gather your feedback we'll continue to "refresh" more sections of Rockclimbing.com over the coming weeks.

Check it out and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Daniel

mojomonkey

Jul 14, 2009, 4:25 PM
Post #2 of 21 (16751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Am I the only one that is missing the regional forum posts within a section now?

ddt

Jul 14, 2009, 6:09 PM
Post #3 of 21 (16730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just click on the "add content" button and you'll find the option to post a new thread there.

DDT

mojomonkey

Jul 14, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #4 of 21 (16717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ddt wrote:
Just click on the "add content" button and you'll find the option to post a new thread there.

DDT

What about reviewing the threads already posted for a region? When I'd look at an area previously, there were lots of handy threads specific to that area. Most times a new thread was then not necessary as there is already a discussion on what I wanted to know. I like them showing up in this area versus having to go search on specific keywords in the forum at large hoping to find threads related to that area.

sp00ki

Jul 14, 2009, 7:36 PM
Post #5 of 21 (16715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Agreed.
Used to be, you looked at an area and often found useful info ("Don't go here", or "Find guidebooks here").

Really useful to have these threads in the routes section...

tradrenn

Jul 15, 2009, 5:24 AM
Post #6 of 21 (16662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It will take some getting used to, that's for sure.

One problem that I noticed is with "Consensus Rating" now it looks like it doesn't work, check "exposure" it says 0.00/5, but 3 users already voted on that so shouldn't it say 2.66 (8 divide by 3 = 2.66)

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...acharound_94723.html

I checked few other routes, they look all the same. (the 0.00 thingy)

and

Where did all the linked threads go ?
They were so handy.

jakedatc

Jul 15, 2009, 5:48 AM
Post #7 of 21 (16654 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradrenn] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Renn you got the man's prayer messed up a touch..

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess. "

keep your stick on the ice..

psmarais

Jul 15, 2009, 7:09 AM
Post #8 of 21 (16633 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The regional forum posts are visible again. The consensus ratings bug is also fixed.

tradrenn

Jul 16, 2009, 3:16 AM
Post #9 of 21 (16518 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Hey Renn you got the man's prayer messed up a touch..

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess. "

keep your stick on the ice..

Hey Jake.

No I don't have it messed up, that how Red Green did it on his final show.

No worries man, I'm pulling here for ya.

tradrenn

Jul 16, 2009, 3:20 AM
Post #10 of 21 (16513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [psmarais] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

psmarais wrote:
The regional forum posts are visible again. The consensus ratings bug is also fixed.

Sweet, I can continue my research about Lovers Leap.

"Safety Rating" needs to be fixed also.

Thanks
V.

(This post was edited by tradrenn on Jul 16, 2009, 3:29 AM)

psmarais

Jul 16, 2009, 8:05 AM
Post #11 of 21 (16479 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There we go. That one is covered as well now ^_^. Let me know if anything else seems to be croaking.

Partner cracklover

Jul 17, 2009, 4:13 PM
Post #12 of 21 (16349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's totally broken. I can't add a route, half the buttons don't seem to go where they should... bummer.

GO

ddt

Jul 20, 2009, 10:13 AM
Post #13 of 21 (16195 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
It's totally broken. I can't add a route, half the buttons don't seem to go where they should... bummer.

GO

Gabe... are you still experiencing problems? Let me know what specifically is not working so we can get things fixed.

Thanks.

Partner cracklover

Jul 20, 2009, 1:24 PM
Post #14 of 21 (16181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First, tell me how I'm supposed to add a new route. Because if there's a functional way, I haven't found it.

GO

ddt

Jul 20, 2009, 2:45 PM
Post #15 of 21 (16176 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
First, tell me how I'm supposed to add a new route. Because if there's a functional way, I haven't found it.

GO

There are a few ways...

1. While anywhere in the Routes section, click "add route" in the secondary navigation bar (in the top left part of the screen, just underneath the main menu bar that runs horizontally on top of the screen). That will take you to the route submission screen where you need to be sure to select the correct location (section) for the route

2. Browse to the section where you want to add the route, and click the same link as described above. That will pre-fill the location of the route. The rest is the same.

3. Browse to the section where you want to add the route, and click the "add content" button in the top right part of the screen. That will allow you to add a route of you're at the lowest level of the hierarchy (section).

I hope this helps!

DDT

Partner cracklover

Jul 20, 2009, 2:59 PM
Post #16 of 21 (16170 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
3. Browse to the section where you want to add the route, and click the "add content" button in the top right part of the screen. That will allow you to add a route of you're at the lowest level of the hierarchy (section).

This is how I've always done it in the past (and the only way I thought possible). It doesn't work now. Try it, you'll see.

I'll try those other two methods to see if one of them works.

GO

Partner cracklover

Jul 20, 2009, 3:18 PM
Post #17 of 21 (16166 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, I think I've figured out the scope of the problem. In this snapshot:

All the three buttons/links circled in RED do not work, and were the only way to add routes when I posted this issue last week. Well, they would have been the way, if they worked.

The links circled in BLUE were not there when I posted my issue last week. But they're there now, they work, and I've used them to add two routes successfully.

GO

ddt

Jul 20, 2009, 3:37 PM
Post #18 of 21 (16161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2wdnkmq.jpg[/IMG]

All the three buttons/links circled in RED do not work, and were the only way to add routes when I posted this issue last week. Well, they would have been the way, if they worked.

The links circled in BLUE were not there when I posted my issue last week. But they're there now, they work, and I've used them to add two routes successfully.

GO

Ah, OK. Regarding the red circle... the two links at the top (routes/ascents) are to RSS feeds, and they do seem to be broken. I'll look into that. The "add content" button should work fine. Not sure why yours isn't. Is it just dead? What browser are you using?

lena_chita

Jul 20, 2009, 3:49 PM
Post #19 of 21 (16157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ddt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Ah, OK. Regarding the red circle... the two links at the top (routes/ascents) are to RSS feeds, and they do seem to be broken. I'll look into that. The "add content" button should work fine. Not sure why yours isn't. Is it just dead? What browser are you using?

I had a problem, too.

I was able to click 'add content" and then choose "add route", but it only allowed me to enter the route name and descriotion--there wasn't any place to put the grade, or FA, ro any of the stuff we have done before, and when I finished filling out what little was there, and added the route, it didn't actually appear in the section where I added it, or anywhere else ,for that matter, as far as I can see.

Partner cracklover

Jul 20, 2009, 4:28 PM
Post #20 of 21 (16150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] New look for Routes section [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
ddt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

I had a problem, too.

I was able to click 'add content" and then choose "add route", but it only allowed me to enter the route name and descriotion--there wasn't any place to put the grade, or FA, ro any of the stuff we have done before, and when I finished filling out what little was there, and added the route, it didn't actually appear in the section where I added it, or anywhere else ,for that matter, as far as I can see.

Close, but not quite. Routes entered through that method go in some weird place. If you search for them, the search will lead you to this page (the new route entered was named "toast and jam"):

However, it will not show up in the actual list of routes:

GO

Partner cracklover

Jul 20, 2009, 4:33 PM
Post #21 of 21 (16146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ddt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Well that's entirely counterintuitive. Wouldn't it make sense for the links that say "Routes", "Ascents" and "Add Content" in the most prominent section of the page under a particular area go to pages where you could see the routes in that area, see the ascents of those routes, or add content (add a route or sub-section)?

GO

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Announcements

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook