showers at Miguel's
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

rockinrobby

Jun 16, 2008, 2:42 AM
Post #1 of 56 (17327 views)
Shortcut

showers at Miguel's  (North_America: United_States: Kentucky)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I talked to Miguel last summer and he said, he wanted to put an all new block shower up this year(2008). Does anyone know if he did that or made any improvements to showers or the the bathroom out back?

mwunder424

Jun 16, 2008, 4:21 AM
Post #2 of 56 (17277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockinrobby] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

as of 2 weeks ago... there were no improvements to either

rockinrobby

Jun 16, 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #3 of 56 (17236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mwunder424] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the reply. Things were looking pretty nasty last
summer. I can only imagine what it's like now. I might have to camp someplace else this year.

Jbitz

Jun 16, 2008, 1:39 PM
Post #4 of 56 (17180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

He only charges like 50 cents for a shower and camping is maybe $2 if I remember correctly. I went there during Rocktoberfest last year and they worked for me.

Wear some flip flops and give Miguel some business.

captainstatic

Jun 23, 2009, 7:42 PM
Post #5 of 56 (15749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jbitz] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Miguel's has replaced and expanded the pavillion roof in the back. A new block shower house with heated floors (Yes, you heard that right, heated floors!) is under construction. I would think the shower house construction will be finished by fall and in time for Rocktoberfest.

dollyjn

Jul 15, 2009, 4:44 PM
Post #6 of 56 (15633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [captainstatic] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We found a place at 15 and 715 called True North Inn. We stayed there for a weekend. 16 a night. bed, showers and free cereal breakfast. 3 bucks for a big hot breakfast. Their restaurant is great too. They made us a couple tuna melts for the road. But we still did Pizza at Miguels a couple times.

knieveltech

Jul 15, 2009, 5:17 PM
Post #7 of 56 (15599 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dollyjn] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dollyjn wrote:
We found a place at 15 and 715 called True North Inn. We stayed there for a weekend. 16 a night. bed, showers and free cereal breakfast. 3 bucks for a big hot breakfast. Their restaurant is great too. They made us a couple tuna melts for the road. But we still did Pizza at Miguels a couple times.

What? No staring at the ceiling of your tent at 3 am because some rad guy is spraying drunkenly at the top of his lungs?

Miguels is fucking awful and staying there makes the Red suck. The pizza is pretty good tho.

sungam

Jul 15, 2009, 5:37 PM
Post #8 of 56 (15565 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
Miguels is fucking awful and staying there makes the Red suck. The pizza is pretty good tho.
TAKE THAT BACK YOU BITCH!
See you in late august.

jedasmith

Jul 15, 2009, 6:00 PM
Post #9 of 56 (15527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

At the end of June, we stayed at Koomer's Campground. It is about 3 miles down the road from the Shell. I highly recommend it. For 4 of us, it was $18.00 a night. Sites are all leveled, fire ring, picnic table, etc. We got a "single" site and put up 3 backpacking tents easily. Nice, clean bathhouses, too. I don't know what kind of place you are looking for, but this is a really chill, quiet campground. If you want to party; it may not be the spot for you. And as others have stated, we did hit Miguel's to hang out and get some pizza!

knieveltech

Jul 15, 2009, 7:55 PM
Post #10 of 56 (15489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

I refuse. The pizza is quite good.

You better come climb with me before you ship back to Iceland or Buttfuckistan or whatever Forn burg it is you sprang from.

Climbing_Pink

Jul 15, 2009, 8:00 PM
Post #11 of 56 (15484 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The block shower thing is almost structurally built, but the bathroom and and old shower is still there, but they're down to one shower.

I honestly don't think they're that bad, but I guess I'll bathe and....uh... do other things anywhere

gblauer

Jul 15, 2009, 9:09 PM
Post #12 of 56 (15451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dollyjn] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dollyjn wrote:
We found a place at 15 and 715 called True North Inn. We stayed there for a weekend. 16 a night. bed, showers and free cereal breakfast. 3 bucks for a big hot breakfast. Their restaurant is great too. .

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago...it was great!

sungam

Jul 15, 2009, 9:17 PM
Post #13 of 56 (15445 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

You better come climb with me before you ship back to Iceland or Buttfuckistan or whatever Forn burg it is you sprang from.
I'm down for climbing, but only if you drive and buy the beerz. P.S. I wanna place yore I-chocks.
We should go camp at Miguel's, I'll show you the correct technique for enojying the place (I'll give you a hint: if you're the one drunkenly singing, then no one is keeping you awake).

knieveltech

Jul 15, 2009, 9:30 PM
Post #14 of 56 (15435 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

I'm down for climbing, but only if you drive and buy the beerz. P.S. I wanna place yore I-chocks.
We should go camp at Miguel's, I'll show you the correct technique for enojying the place (I'll give you a hint: if you're the one drunkenly singing, then no one is keeping you awake).

We can go climbing and you can even play with my i-chocks. hell if you're REALLY nice I might even fab a set for you. But you can fucking forget Miguel's. Not happening. And what's this bullshit about driving AND buying the beers? You finally grind through the last of your dirtbag fund?

edited to add:

if you're broke maybe I will buy the beer. I'd rather foot the tab then get stuck with pbr.

(This post was edited by knieveltech on Jul 15, 2009, 9:31 PM)

taydude

Jul 15, 2009, 9:54 PM
Post #15 of 56 (15412 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

for $2 a night and climbers only I think Miguel's is a great frickin place. The pizza and omelets were fantastic. I didn't get a chance to use the showers since it was snowing when I was there but the toilet is fairly decent for how cheap it is to stay there. Our party took to making "shit-trips" to a rest stop near the highway.

sungam

Jul 15, 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #16 of 56 (15395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taydude] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

taydude wrote:
for $2 a night and climbers only I think Miguel's is a great frickin place. The pizza and omelets were fantastic. I didn't get a chance to use the showers since it was snowing when I was there but the toilet is fairly decent for how cheap it is to stay there. Our party took to making "shit-trips" to a rest stop near the highway.
When were you there? Did I meet you there, BTW?

sungam

Jul 15, 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #17 of 56 (15394 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

We can go climbing and you can even play with my i-chocks. hell if you're REALLY nice I might even fab a set for you. But you can fucking forget Miguel's. Not happening. And what's this bullshit about driving AND buying the beers? You finally grind through the last of your dirtbag fund?

edited to add:

if you're broke maybe I will buy the beer. I'd rather foot the tab then get stuck with pbr.
Oh, I'll chip in on the beerz, but yore gunna have to buyz them, if you catch my drift.
I haz gots some moniez left. Knot a lawt.

Partner camhead

Jul 15, 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #18 of 56 (15393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
dollyjn wrote:

What? No staring at the ceiling of your tent at 3 am because some rad guy is spraying drunkenly at the top of his lungs?

You forgot the part about the same rad guy telling you to keep it down at 9:30 IN THE FREAKING MORNING.

knieveltech

Jul 16, 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #19 of 56 (15354 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
dollyjn wrote:

You forgot the part about the same rad guy telling you to keep it down at 9:30 IN THE FREAKING MORNING.
Crazy
I knew I was leaving something out.

knieveltech

Jul 16, 2009, 12:34 AM
Post #20 of 56 (15351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

edited to add:

Oh, I'll chip in on the beerz, but yore gunna have to buyz them, if you catch my drift.

Naw mang. I was just busting your chops. Besides, me buying the beer would be like international diplomacy or some shit. Hope you like IPA and REALLY easy trad.

knieveltech

Jul 16, 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #21 of 56 (15348 views)
Shortcut

Re: [taydude] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

taydude wrote:
for $2 a night and climbers only I think Miguel's is a great frickin place.

I've been to Rogers and Miguels and so far "climbers only" means crowded shitty camping with a bunch of dumbasses stumbling around spraying, impromptu drum circles and in general a fuck-ton of noise until 3 in the morning at the earliest. I'd rather save the $2 and sleep in my car, or pony up a few bucks more and stay somewhere with less bullshit.

Partner angry

Jul 16, 2009, 12:46 AM
Post #22 of 56 (15339 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
dollyjn wrote:

Look at me, Look at me, Spraying at Miguels cause I climb 13...

And I can take a whip on a camalot, on a camalot, on a camalot!!

sungam

Jul 16, 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #23 of 56 (15329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
camhead wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
dollyjn wrote:

Look at me, Look at me, Spraying at Miguels cause I climb 13...

And I can take a whip on a camalot, on a camalot, on a camalot!!

btw, is that gunna be klamhedz follow up to ""i want to climb a crack"?

sungam

Jul 16, 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #24 of 56 (15328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
sungam wrote:
knieveltech wrote:
See you in late august.

edited to add:

Naw mang. I was just busting your chops. Besides, me buying the beer would be like international diplomacy or some shit. Hope you like IPA and REALLY easy trad.
I like it all except the IPA. Whisky or something with yes "yuk" factor.

justincompton79

Jul 16, 2009, 1:42 AM
Post #25 of 56 (15306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm looking forward to taking a shower there in the middle of August!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook