Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cruz_bustamante

Jul 3, 2009, 3:46 PM
Post #26 of 30 (604 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acorneau] weekly bouldering tv show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep those in mind. I just shot the first episode with the new host and I think it will help. Thanks again for checking it out.

HIGHER_CLIMBER

Jul 3, 2009, 7:04 PM
Post #27 of 30 (590 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lowballin] weekly bouldering tv show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know of the Roadfools videos. They were great. I haven't seen a climbing video like that before. I t would be interesting if it was laid out just like Roadfools. I think a video would be best. A TV show about bouldering would be weak at some point. You'd start trlying on more BS to make the show good, thatn bouldering in itself. I don't know about you, but most of my friends that aren't climbers can't 'appreciate' some of the climbs, because it 'all looks' the same.

Chinchen

Jul 6, 2009, 6:00 PM
Post #28 of 30 (556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [HIGHER_CLIMBER] weekly bouldering tv show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a few things to say about overexposure. Skateboarding is ffuked since it became mainstream. Ive been at it since 84 and the whole thing has changed. Now there is a skatepark on every street corner. The kids dont know what they have. They have no respect for anyone and no respect for the parks. When I was a kid I would have killed to have a skatepark down the street. I have spent a lot of time develpoing a local skate scene in Central Oregon and have seen it pissed on by the younger generation. Its not worth the effort in my opinion anymore.
Once your sport goes mainstream its over. The amount of idiots already out at the rock is unbelievable. So Fuel TV can kiss my asss.

HIGHER_CLIMBER

Jul 19, 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #29 of 30 (497 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Chinchen] weekly bouldering tv show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Chinchen wrote:
I have a few things to say about overexposure. Skateboarding is ffuked since it became mainstream. Ive been at it since 84 and the whole thing has changed. Now there is a skatepark on every street corner. The kids dont know what they have. They have no respect for anyone and no respect for the parks. When I was a kid I would have killed to have a skatepark down the street. I have spent a lot of time develpoing a local skate scene in Central Oregon and have seen it pissed on by the younger generation. Its not worth the effort in my opinion anymore.
Once your sport goes mainstream its over. The amount of idiots already out at the rock is unbelievable. So Fuel TV can kiss my asss.

Come on, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! Sly You do make good points. I think it's good for any sport to evolve. Gotta keep the ball rolling. I do wonder what going mainstream would do to access. On one hand you may have a bunch of gym rats trying outdoor with half their apartment with them. But on the other, more exposure may mean more money for access fund, etc. It's a toss up.

karmiclimber

Jul 19, 2009, 4:40 AM
Post #30 of 30 (485 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lowballin] weekly bouldering tv show [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would not like this. I don't really watch TV anyway. But nothing would gross me out more than some reality show about climbing. How about lets NOT make climbing mainstream. Thats part of the reason I like it- its not obnoxious and brainless. Remember when Discovery did that show about Everest...they turned Everest into McDonalds. Not really, but kind've.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook