Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
trip beta for Rumney
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jersteck

Aug 17, 2009, 8:54 PM
Post #1 of 8 (2385 views)
Shortcut

trip beta for Rumney  (North_America: United_States: New_Hampshire: Grafton_County: Rumney)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm taking a week long trip to Rumney at the end of August. Does anyone have any recomendations on which campground is best to stay at? Sounds like the farm accross from Meadows Camping area is the best bet, is that true?

bill413

Aug 18, 2009, 6:09 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2369 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jersteck] trip beta for Rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jersteck wrote:
I'm taking a week long trip to Rumney at the end of August. Does anyone have any recomendations on which campground is best to stay at? Sounds like the farm accross from Meadows Camping area is the best bet, is that true?

We stayed at the farm a couple of weeks ago & found it wonderful. No amenities, however.
Mountain Pines campground has also been recommended to us, and they have things like showers.

jakedatc

Aug 18, 2009, 6:31 AM
Post #3 of 8 (2360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jersteck wrote:

Only thing is that if you have pets you cannot stay there. otherwise i stay there every time i go up so they are good to us. Be sure to check in before you drive down the first time.

jersteck

Aug 18, 2009, 9:45 AM
Post #4 of 8 (2340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] trip beta for Rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the posts. Are there any rules about how late you can check in? Does the farm a have a phone number that you can call ahead to make any reservations?

jakedatc

Aug 18, 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #5 of 8 (2304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Before dark is good.. i can't find the phone #. There's no real reason for reservations since there is plenty of space usually but getting there kinda early would be the easiest. $8/per person and you can leave your car there during the day while you climb.

Partner abe_ascends

Aug 18, 2009, 1:38 PM
Post #6 of 8 (2276 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] trip beta for Rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Before dark is good.. i can't find the phone #. There's no real reason for reservations since there is plenty of space usually but getting there kinda early would be the easiest. $8/per person and you can leave your car there during the day while you climb.

I'm planning on making a trip out there as well.
Does anyone else have the farm number? I understand I may not need to call ahead, but I'd like to do so simply out of courtesy. Thanks.

bill413

Aug 18, 2009, 5:25 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2263 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jersteck wrote:
Thanks for the posts. Are there any rules about how late you can check in? Does the farm a have a phone number that you can call ahead to make any reservations?

Well, so far as I know, this is a family run operation, so in consideration of them you shouldn't arrive too late.

granite_grrl

Aug 19, 2009, 4:55 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [abe_ascends] trip beta for Rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

abe_ascends wrote:
jakedatc wrote:

I'm planning on making a trip out there as well.
Does anyone else have the farm number? I understand I may not need to call ahead, but I'd like to do so simply out of courtesy. Thanks.
Adam: I think I have their card somewhere. Drop me the a line and I can give you details.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook