Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Oak Flat Land Swap!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

climball

Aug 18, 2009, 2:54 PM
Post #1 of 1 (612 views)
Shortcut

Oak Flat Land Swap!!  (North_America: United_States: Arizona)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Off mountainproject.com: http://mountainproject.com/v/arizona__new_mexico/qcc_latest_letter_to_congress_about_oak_flat_land_swap/106456250#a_106520653

If anyone of you can attend, please do!

By Fred AmRhein
In a continuing effort to keep climber's advised of what's going on with the proposed Oak Flat land swap:

Interior Secretary Salazar and Senator John McCain will be holding a Town Hall meeting at the Superior High School on August 21st at 11:30 in the morning to hear what the public has to say about S. 409, the Oak Flat land exchange bill.

Why it's important: The Secretary oversees many of the issues regarding the land beneath Oak Flat and Senator McCain is pushing the land trade bill hard in the US Senate. Interior plays an instrumental role to what/how/when happens to our beloved Oak Flat/Queen Creek climbing areas as the mining company continues its efforts to privatize much of it.

If you can attend to voice your concerns, great, if not and would still like something said on your behalf, post up or send an email and I'll do my best to get it included.

Thanks,

Fred

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook