Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

knieveltech

Jul 16, 2009, 2:03 AM
Post #26 of 56 (7876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justincompton79] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

justincompton79 wrote:
I'm looking forward to taking a shower there in the middle of August!

I just threw up in my mouth.

charley

Jul 16, 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #27 of 56 (7852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

knieveltech wrote:
justincompton79 wrote:
I'm looking forward to taking a shower there in the middle of August!

I just threw up in my mouth.

Oh come on, that's only a month away.

darioventura

Aug 31, 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #28 of 56 (7780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kneiveltech,

i'm sure, from your post on this web site, your not a fan of Miguel's. That's fine by me. We do our best to keep Miguel's quite and enjoyable for all. I spend my time climbing and not bashing on the internet. My Family was told about this angry climber online....and it upset them that some one hated the place so much. We support all the business in our community, that's just what a good community does. I'm sure you don't give a fuck but the people that spend their lives at the red and enjoy its community do. If you still feel the need to bash Miguels come by after 5:00 pm and tell it to our faces..........Dario Ventura

dudemanbu

Aug 31, 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #29 of 56 (7776 views)
Shortcut

Re: [darioventura] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

darioventura wrote:
kneiveltech,

i'm sure, from your post on this web site, your not a fan of Miguel's. That's fine by me. We do our best to keep Miguel's quite and enjoyable for all. I spend my time climbing and not bashing on the internet. My Family was told about this angry climber online....and it upset them that some one hated the place so much. We support all the business in our community, that's just what a good community does. I'm sure you don't give a fuck but the people that spend their lives at the red and enjoy its community do. If you still feel the need to bash Miguels come by after 5:00 pm and tell it to our faces..........Dario Ventura

The points he made are as follows are all true.
It is loud late.
It is loud early.
There are a ton of "brahs spraying"
The restroom/shower facilities are currently insufficient (which will be remedied soon)

The "staying there is fucking awful" is subjective. It can be a lot of fun if you're willing to go with the flow and have a good time. The food is great and the price is unbeatable. For every "brah spraying" you have at least 10 awesome people.

(This post was edited by dudemanbu on Aug 31, 2009, 12:29 AM)

sungam

Aug 31, 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #30 of 56 (7765 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HaHa, Allen just got served by Dario! How did I miss this before?

BTW, Dario, Knieveltech just likes pushing peopls buttons. As funny as it would be for you guys to all lay him in the dust and feed the corpse to the goats, he doesn't really deserve it.

Sucky that all these RRG threads keep popping up, and everyone is loading RRG pics on facebook just now - days before I leave to go home and go back to school in Scotland. Awl I want to do is go back to Miguel's and climb.
Luckily my UK passport is now out of date so I might get turned away at the border. In which case, you'll find me in the small orange tent near the goat field.

-Magnus

(This post was edited by sungam on Aug 31, 2009, 12:44 AM)

tradrenn

Aug 31, 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #31 of 56 (7755 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dario

I think you should know that you are getting shit from a guy that top ropes routes before he leads them.

Anyway:

I have been your costumer since 2004, the basement improvement with wireless internet was an excellent idea.
Nice hot breakfast is also an excellent thing.

Bathrooms and showers needed improvements and you need more of them, I spoke to your father about it and he knows that he needs to improve things.

It's just too bad that some people don't have a clue of how much work and resources it takes for a small business to change things.

All the best to you guys.

Voytek
(The crazy Canadian guy from Ontario)

Hennessey

Aug 31, 2009, 1:05 AM
Post #32 of 56 (7749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [knieveltech] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"knieveltech wrote:
I've been to Rogers and Miguels and so far "climbers only" means crowded shitty camping with a bunch of dumbasses stumbling around spraying, impromptu drum circles and in general a fuck-ton of noise until 3 in the morning at the earliest. I'd rather save the $2 and sleep in my car, or pony up a few bucks more and stay somewhere with less bullshit.

What is with people and those stupid fuckin' drum circles?

bdbc

Aug 31, 2009, 1:07 AM
Post #33 of 56 (7749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

me and taydude were down there last fall, the week before thanksgiving. you and i met, (you borrowed my computer for a little bit).

its a real bummer hearing all this negativity about Miguels. i throughly enjoyed my time down there (we were there for a week) and although there were loud brah's and stuff, where arnt there? the con's are hugely outweighed by the people and the experience of being there. Even the brah's spraying about their new 13 send are nice to talk to.

its climbing and hanging out at its finest. your there to climb rocks and sleep in a tent! enjoy it for what it is, a killer campground and center of eastern climbing.

johnwesely

Aug 31, 2009, 1:13 AM
Post #34 of 56 (7747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dudemanbu] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:
kneiveltech,

It is loud late.
It is loud early.
The restroom/shower facilities are currently insufficient (which will be remedied soon)

The "staying there is fucking awful" is subjective. It can be a lot of fun if you're willing to go with the flow and have a good time. The food is great and the price is unbeatable. For every "brah spraying" you have at least 10 awesome people.

I stayed at Miguel's for a month this summer and the only time noise was ever an issue was memorial day weekend. I don't party at all, I go to bed around ten at night, and noise was never an issue. And noise in the morning. You should be up making breakfast or something.

dudemanbu

Aug 31, 2009, 1:26 AM
Post #35 of 56 (7742 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:
kneiveltech,

It is loud late.
It is loud early.

I stayed at Miguel's for a month this summer and the only time noise was ever an issue was memorial day weekend. I don't party at all, I go to bed around ten at night, and noise was never an issue. And noise in the morning. You should be up making breakfast or something.

I'm not knocking the place, I love it. But i'm not delusional either. Just because you aren't bothered by things don't mean they aren't there..

rock_fencer

Aug 31, 2009, 1:48 AM
Post #36 of 56 (7731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

im not a huge fan of miguel's myself. i am an extremely light sleeper and the slightest noise wakes me up.

Disregarding all the bro's and such, i much perfer to camp in the woods with my close friends around our camp fire in a nice quiet atmosphere. They do have decent pizza for sure but cooking over a stove or fire is supremely better on most nights. Its not everyone's cup of tea.

People should also consider the fact that their are showers and bathrooms... or did people forget that they are outdoors and in most places such amenities arent easy to come by. Really though there are plenty of places to take a dip at the Red.

johnwesely

Aug 31, 2009, 2:22 AM
Post #37 of 56 (7707 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dudemanbu] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dudemanbu wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:
kneiveltech,

It is loud late.
It is loud early.

I'm not knocking the place, I love it. But i'm not delusional either. Just because you aren't bothered by things don't mean they aren't there..

If you sleep out in the goat field you can't here the noise. Cool

altelis

Aug 31, 2009, 2:36 AM
Post #38 of 56 (7700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:

After a while, these things just start to hurt in a most physical of manners. groan.

johnwesely

Aug 31, 2009, 3:24 AM
Post #39 of 56 (7684 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

altelis wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:

After a while, these things just start to hurt in a most physical of manners. groan.

Well played sir. Well played.

sungam

Aug 31, 2009, 3:08 PM
Post #40 of 56 (7656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
dudemanbu wrote:
darioventura wrote:
kneiveltech,

It is loud late.
It is loud early.

Don't leave cookies in your tent. Unimpressed <- serious face.

johnwesely

Aug 31, 2009, 5:43 PM
Post #41 of 56 (7622 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

but the best part is when the goats attempt to dismantle your tent.

sungam

Aug 31, 2009, 9:13 PM
Post #42 of 56 (7593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
sungam wrote:

but the best part is when the goats attempt to dismantle your tent.
There was no "try" involved. The trashed that thing! Then ate my cookies! then shit all over the inside of the tent!

MAY111

Nov 2, 2009, 7:03 PM
Post #43 of 56 (7515 views)
Shortcut

Re: showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just curious, has the shower building actually been finished yet? (as of November 09)

lena_chita

Nov 2, 2009, 7:57 PM
Post #44 of 56 (7487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MAY111] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MAY111 wrote:
Just curious, has the shower building actually been finished yet? (as of November 09)

Sort-of. The bathrooms are now operational, but there are no partitions (as of two weeks ago), so each bathroom is effectively one-person affair for now. I believe that the new showers are also working, but I have not had a chance to try them, b/c it was cold enough to make me feel like I didn't want one.

Neel

Nov 3, 2009, 4:13 AM
Post #45 of 56 (7453 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
MAY111 wrote:

Sort-of. The bathrooms are now operational, but there are no partitions (as of two weeks ago), so each bathroom is effectively one-person affair for now. I believe that the new showers are also working, but I have not had a chance to try them, b/c it was cold enough to make me feel like I didn't want one.

Showers were working during roctoberfest.... they're actaully pretty hot and a decent amount of time too! Some had clothes hooks, some didn't.... find one with hooks if you plan on putting on dry clothes after your shower.

kriso9tails

Nov 3, 2009, 5:46 AM
Post #46 of 56 (7433 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Neel] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I remember when the shower was free of charge. It was also just a hose that sprayed icy cold water while you stood by the back sink, partially concealed, and wondered where that mirror behind you was actually pointing from everyone else's perspective.

We also walked forty miles to it, in the snow, uphill both ways, despite it being right in camp.

(This post was edited by kriso9tails on Nov 3, 2009, 7:34 AM)

hyongx

Nov 3, 2009, 5:59 AM
Post #47 of 56 (7426 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Neel] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Neel wrote:
Showers were working during roctoberfest.... they're actaully pretty hot and a decent amount of time too! Some had clothes hooks, some didn't.... find one with hooks if you plan on putting on dry clothes after your shower.

Thats really impressive. I was there the weekend before Rocktoberfest, and I was pretty sure that neither the bathrooms nor the showers were up and running. They must have been working super-speed to get stuff ready for the 'fest. Mad props to the miguel's folks.

And anybody complaining about Miguels should pull their head out of their ass. One, it's the coolest climber campground (i've been to) by far. and Two, if you don't like it, don't stay there. no big deal.
peace.

Fenst

Nov 4, 2009, 8:06 PM
Post #48 of 56 (7376 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hyongx] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

The Red River Gorge and Daniel Boone National Forest lie in poverty stricken areas....Not too much tax money from the locals comes around to building the infrastructure.

I know Miguels is a good place to fraternize, show off patagonia garb and blow money on pizza, camping, omelets, showers, ect. But, does Miguel's( the business) do any type of environmental stewardship or conservation work to make the Gorge and surrounding areas a safer or more a sustainable environment for our children? As far as I know. NONE. And if there is, these are the ideas we (as climbers) should be focusing on.

As for me and most of my climbing circle, we will continue to support the Parks service by buying rec. passes that contribute to the sustainability and safety of the forest we climb in.

I don't have any beef with Miguels or any other businesses that take away potential conservation funds. I think the fundamentals of outdoor recreation ethics are widely overlooked by the surge of gym climbers who have no clue what LNT or minimum impact ethics are these days. In that light, maybe a overused campground with toilets are just what the Red needs to filter out the wreckless gym people from the numerous gorgeous legal campsites nestled in the gorge that I use, cherish, and clean up.

andersjr

Nov 5, 2009, 1:47 AM
Post #49 of 56 (7327 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Fenst] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fenst wrote:
The Red River Gorge and Daniel Boone National Forest lie in poverty stricken areas....Not too much tax money from the locals comes around to building the infrastructure.

I know Miguels is a good place to fraternize, show off patagonia garb and blow money on pizza, camping, omelets, showers, ect. But, does Miguel's( the business) do any type of environmental stewardship or conservation work to make the Gorge and surrounding areas a safer or more a sustainable environment for our children? As far as I know. NONE. And if there is, these are the ideas we (as climbers) should be focusing on.

As for me and most of my climbing circle, we will continue to support the Parks service by buying rec. passes that contribute to the sustainability and safety of the forest we climb in.

I don't have any beef with Miguels or any other businesses that take away potential conservation funds. I think the fundamentals of outdoor recreation ethics are widely overlooked by the surge of gym climbers who have no clue what LNT or minimum impact ethics are these days. In that light, maybe a overused campground with toilets are just what the Red needs to filter out the wreckless gym people from the numerous gorgeous legal campsites nestled in the gorge that I use, cherish, and clean up.
i just puked in my mouth.

Partner camhead

Nov 5, 2009, 2:21 PM
Post #50 of 56 (7268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Fenst] showers at Miguel's [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fenst wrote:

Uhhh... what are you talking about? Is your entire argument based upon the fact that Miguel's is taking campsite fee revenue away from the National Forest, which would otherwise be used for conservation/rehabilitation? If so, that's incredibly weak.

I honestly don't know how much $$$ Miguel's directly puts into conservation causes, but they certainly have sponsored/hosted events that have raised a lot of money for the PMRP. Does this qualify as "conservation" in your view?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook