Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New out door climbers at chickies
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

joseph.renfroe

Aug 31, 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1721 views)
Shortcut

New out door climbers at chickies  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southeastern_Region: Chickies_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My wife and I have decided to come out and climb at chickies. we have climbed indoors about 6 time and know how to belay and tie in but want to expand. Anyone looking to help mentor a new climbing couple. or just give imput on where to start climbing at chickies we live in york so its a short haul.Cool

cintune

Sep 1, 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joseph.renfroe] New out door climbers at chickies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think most people might find the liability aspect of this prospect intimidating. You might want to check out the outdoor courses offered by the Climbnasium. That way you'll get some certified (and insured) instruction, which is well worth the $$$ in the long run. 717-795-9580.
Regarding your other related post, a 60 m. cord will let you toprope just about everything at Chickies, provided you have at minimum 50 ft. of static rope or webbing to anchor to trees at the top.
BUT you need to know how to build a safe anchor even then, so I wouldn't recommend rushing into anything if you're not 100% solid on how to do that first.
Another point is that Chickies can get very crowded on weekends and nice days; you might get lucky if you just go and see if someone is willing to share their setup with you. If not, there's still lots of fun bouldering and fourth-class scrambling all over the place.

gblauer

Sep 1, 2009, 4:36 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joseph.renfroe] New out door climbers at chickies [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check your mesages, I sent you a PM

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook