RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

whipper

Sep 6, 2009, 5:04 PM
Post #1 of 2 (618 views)
Shortcut

prolotherapy
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I hurt my knee skiing about 20 months ago and am still struggling with it. I have been to the Orthopedic doctor and he says I am all better, but it feels unstable and "pops" out about once every 4-5 weeks. Its usually not terrible, but very noticeable and painful for the next 3 days. I am 90% sure it is a MCL that has healed loose. Anyone heard of or tried prolotherapy for something like that? Anyone else with "loose" knees?

jolery

Sep 9, 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #2 of 2 (529 views)
Shortcut

Re: [whipper] prolotherapy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I don't know anything about prolotherapy, but also have knees that like to pop out. I fractured my femur at a young age, somehow tendons or ligaments got destroyed, since then my knee will get jacked if I put it in the wrong position. For me, keeping my muscles built up around the area prevents it from happening 99% of the time. If I don't work out for a few weeks, it'll pop out, or if I get over fatigued it will occasionally still happen. Basically I just make sure to run/bike regularly, with some weight training as well Ė hasnít happened in probably 1-2 years. Iíve also gotten in-tune with the knee, and can feel it start to dislocate, and immediately remedy the position of that leg before it goes all the way. Good luck!

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$40.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook