Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
wrong rope in red metolius rope
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ebarrow

Sep 15, 2009, 3:03 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1233 views)
Shortcut

wrong rope in red metolius rope  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Northwestern_Region: McConnels_Mills)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi folks, I was climbing at the Mills last weekend (Sept 6), and flaked my rope into its rope bag. When I went to Cooper's this weekend, the rope in my rope bag was not mine. (Mine's green bicolor, and this was a blue rope.) Now I know I put mine in the bag, so all I can think is that someone else had a red Metolius rope bag, and we picked up the wrong ones, probably at the Mill, but possibly before setting up at Cooper's.

Mine's a retired lead rope I use for toproping; if you have it and want to exchange back, please email me at ebarrow@verizon.net (I'm not really good at checking the climbing posts).

dlintz

Sep 15, 2009, 3:38 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1217 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ebarrow] wrong rope in red metolius rope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hope you get your rope back. Because the Metolius bags are so popular I've written my name (in big letters) on the outside of my bags with a Sharpie. It makes it easily indentifiable by me or someone else thinking it's their bag.

d.

ebarrow

Sep 15, 2009, 3:48 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1211 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dlintz] wrong rope in red metolius rope [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, I'm going to put my marking tape on the outside. The rope I've got looks pretty good, though.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook