Premier Sponsor:

metoliusmunchkin

Nov 3, 2001, 5:43 AM
Post #1 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Magazines
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you pondering what I am pondering? I was just wondering when my next Climbing Magazine Issue would come in the mail, and decided to make this topic.

How many of you receive subscriptions to different climbing mags (ex: Climbing, Rock and Ice, Hill Walker etc) or buy them at your local 'outdoors' store.

I believe that climbing magazines are great for learning new things about climbing every month (or week depending on the mag). One of the great things about this sport is that you are always learning, and the learning is endless. I have learned so much because of my subscription to Climbing, the 'Tech Tip' section really helps me with me technique. How do my fellow climbers feel about climbing magazines being helpful, and do any of you receive subscriptions to them?

Thank You Very Much!
-Pat.

hardcoredana

Nov 3, 2001, 7:00 AM
Post #2 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Magazines [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hehehe. I get my mags for free. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.

passthepitonspete

Dec 3, 2001, 8:07 AM
Post #3 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brain: "Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Pinky: "Sure, 'Bryne', but what would we do with a thirty-foot-long prusik loop?"

I used to subscribe to Mountain Mag for years and years and years. I loved the info section. Then the mag went t.u. and I switched to Climbing, and I would read one magazine.

Then one day I realized I could go to Chapters and read them ALL for free.

And this life-changing revelation was another step in my journey from Young Bull to Old Bull.

nikegirl

Dec 3, 2001, 8:15 AM
Post #4 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Guilty.

I go to the magazine rack, looking for the newest, Rock and Ice or Climbing mag. If I've already read the current issue from cover to cover, I buy books.

I tend to go to REI or local mountaineering shops, and buy books...which leads to other purchases...bad pattern...impulse shopping.
T

pushfurther

Dec 3, 2001, 8:28 AM
Post #5 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't buy climbing mags. however, if i wanted news that's two months old i would buy every issue that came out.

fiend

Dec 3, 2001, 2:28 PM
Post #6 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just look at the pictures, all the articles tend to end up the same after 8 or 9 years of reading the damn magazines

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook