Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:16 PM
Post #276 of 45342 (27407 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.
Hopefully I'ma get out this weekend too. Still on the weight cutting, but I got sick of broccoli so now I'm on cabbage.

Thanks.

I just joined a conventional gym for the first time in a long time. Since I shouldn't be climbing, I figure I'll get other workouts in.

It's funny how exercise curbs my appetite and makes me desire healthier foods. It's a win-win.
You to?
When I start training hard, I don't want to eat, but when I do I want juicy apples, piles of veg, and fresh fruit juice. Except at breakfast - then I want piles of complex carbs (a la wheatbix). Anybody that has seen my normal eating habits knows that this is not the same as when I am roadtripping.

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 2:19 PM
Post #277 of 45342 (27405 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.
Hopefully I'ma get out this weekend too. Still on the weight cutting, but I got sick of broccoli so now I'm on cabbage.

Thanks.

I just joined a conventional gym for the first time in a long time. Since I shouldn't be climbing, I figure I'll get other workouts in.

It's funny how exercise curbs my appetite and makes me desire healthier foods. It's a win-win.
You to?
When I start training hard, I don't want to eat, but when I do I want juicy apples, piles of veg, and fresh fruit juice. Except at breakfast - then I want piles of complex carbs (a la wheatbix). Anybody that has seen my normal eating habits knows that this is not the same as when I am roadtripping.

Yeah, totally. Bad food just seems so unappealing when I'm exercising regularly.

But I think I'm weird in that I lose my appetite when I work out (or work hard, etc). I can actually go all day without food when climbing.

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:20 PM
Post #278 of 45342 (27403 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.

Thanks.

You to?
I accidentally my ptftw... THE WHOLE THING.

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:20 PM
Post #279 of 45342 (27403 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.

Thanks.

You to?

Yeah, totally. Bad food just seems so unappealing when I'm exercising regularly.

But I think I'm weird in that I lose my appetite when I work out (or work hard, etc). I can actually go all day without food when climbing.
That may be due to the adrenaline, though. One of the effects of raised Adrenaline/Epinephrine levels in the blood is slowed/halted digestive action.

kachoong

Oct 7, 2009, 2:39 PM
Post #280 of 45342 (27400 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.

Thanks.

You to?

Oh nooooo, that is impossible for me. I neeeed sustainance when climbing! I used to take ingredients to make sammiches... ham, cheese and an avacado under my helmet. Running and working out though is kinda different, although once it's over I really crave lots of veggies and salmon for some reason.

Nice TR btw...

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:45 PM
Post #281 of 45342 (27413 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

holy crap this thread has more content then the whole of the spci part one!!!!!

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:50 PM
Post #282 of 45342 (27411 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cabbage is fired. Didn't fill me up at all - back to broccoli.

kachoong

Oct 7, 2009, 2:52 PM
Post #283 of 45342 (27410 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Try it with salt and pepper.... and a 12oz steak!

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 2:56 PM
Post #284 of 45342 (27407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.
I made it with onion and a little bit of herbs. I'm thinking ketchep.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 3:00 PM
Post #285 of 45342 (27406 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

try catsup

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 3:03 PM
Post #286 of 45342 (27405 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Nice writeup.

Thanks.

You to?

Oh nooooo, that is impossible for me. I neeeed sustainance when climbing! I used to take ingredients to make sammiches... ham, cheese and an avacado under my helmet. Running and working out though is kinda different, although once it's over I really crave lots of veggies and salmon for some reason.

Nice TR btw...

Thanks on the TR.

Yeah, I just can't get myself to eat more when I'm busy. I always lose a ton of weight in the summer when I'm climbing on weekends because I just don't eat much and I'm climbing a lot. this summer has been very different, though: bum ankle = less climbing = no weight loss. Unsure However, this gym membership is going to pay dividends. Cool

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 3:07 PM
Post #287 of 45342 (27402 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

rice and veggies fill me up every time. the rice takes in the flavor of the spices / sauces that you may use (be careful on the sauces. I find homemade tomato sauces work best and have the least amount of sodium). rice is cheaper than hell and so are veggies for the content value.

also, while people will say brown rice is better for you, it isn't necessarily true. sure, it has more fiber, but depending on the brand it may also have more carbs, too. depending on what you're trying to do, look at the labels to see what you should buy. if you hold the same brand and product side-by-side, with one being white rice and one being brown rice, you'll see that the differences between them is negligible. I say this because I've found that white rice absorbs flavor better and thus makes for a yummier meal. I do eat both, though.

kachoong

Oct 7, 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #288 of 45342 (27400 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

rice and veggies fill me up every time. the rice takes in the flavor of the spices / sauces that you may use (be careful on the sauces. I find homemade tomato sauces work best and have the least amount of sodium). rice is cheaper than hell and so are veggies for the content value.

also, while people will say brown rice is better for you, it isn't necessarily true. sure, it has more fiber, but depending on the brand it may also have more carbs, too. depending on what you're trying to do, look at the labels to see what you should buy. if you hold the same brand and product side-by-side, with one being white rice and one being brown rice, you'll see that the differences between them is negligible. I say this because I've found that white rice absorbs flavor better and thus makes for a yummier meal. I do eat both, though.

Just kidding with the steak... nothing in my opinion makes cabbage any better. That's from 2 years in Germany. Vomit stew!

I like to use couscous too instead of rice... we got some quinoa fairly recently but have yet to try it out.

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 3:16 PM
Post #289 of 45342 (27396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

>30 kcal per 100g? Not on my weight cutting menu.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 3:20 PM
Post #290 of 45342 (27395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

i think some people prefer the brown because they pay attention to glycemic index. plus its whole grain. but it takes so much longer to cook.

fruits and veggies seem so good when you are active because they have a high moisture content. i read a book recently that talked about false feelings of hunger, and how thirst is often interpreted as hunger, especially if you eat fast and/or junk food, which how low moisture content.

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 3:27 PM
Post #291 of 45342 (27390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyleshea] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

i think some people prefer the brown because they pay attention to glycemic index. plus its whole grain. but it takes so much longer to cook.

fruits and veggies seem so good when you are active because they have a high moisture content. i read a book recently that talked about false feelings of hunger, and how thirst is often interpreted as hunger, especially if you eat fast and/or junk food, which how low moisture content.

oh yeah, drinking lots of water really helps to curb hunger, too. it takes a while to get used to drinking so much (you piss a lot the first few days), but then once you get into the habit it's amazing how well drinking water helps.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 3:33 PM
Post #292 of 45342 (27388 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

oh yeah, drinking lots of water really helps to curb hunger, too. it takes a while to get used to drinking so much (you piss a lot the first few days), but then once you get into the habit it's amazing how well drinking water helps.

but still not as well as a thick, juicy steak, loaded with fried onions and mushrooms.

donald949

Oct 7, 2009, 3:34 PM
Post #293 of 45342 (27387 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
sungam wrote:
I can haz reply 255?

According to the post count on my page, that honor was mine.
You had post number 255, mine was reply number 255.

wrong

it would appear that honor belongs to Donny's
ewe francising slutbag!

fftw

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 3:34 PM
Post #294 of 45342 (27387 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

but still not as well as a thick, juicy steak, loaded with fried onions and mushrooms.

take out the onions and I won't disagree.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 3:38 PM
Post #295 of 45342 (27384 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

you aren't a fan?

donald949

Oct 7, 2009, 3:40 PM
Post #296 of 45342 (27383 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
So I've moved in with a bunch of fun super-strong climbers.
This past weekend we went down to Shastoe, in Northumbria for some sandstone bouldering.
The group that went was Sam (my flatmate), Andy (his friend from highschool), Antoine (a Belgian student) and a friend of Antoine, Katia (who didn't climb).
We drove down and walked in with our multitude of pads, across the farm (Northumbria is just one big farm, rolling hills with small trees and the like) and we saw a table that had a bunch of eggs on it, and a few empty cartons saying "Fresh free range eggs - 6 for 1.50 or 12 for 3.00". I didn't have money but it was a pretty cool idea - the area is popular among walkers escaping from Newcastle for the weekend/afternoon.
Anyways, here's the pics and descriptions:

[image]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352468112_719243112_2744361_285305_n.jpg[/image]
Walking in.

[image]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352478112_719243112_2744362_6789841_n.jpg[/image]
Northumbria.

(sorry there are no warm up pics)

[image]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352493112_719243112_2744365_11519_n.jpg[/image]
Sam Flashing a 7a+ roof. It uses a small-ish undercling that you have to reach way above you for, so it's super shouldery. Then you had to make a big move to the lip, then pop again for a sloper, then just top out.

[image]http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352508112_719243112_2744367_492302_n.jpg[/image]
Antoine flashing said roof problem.

[image]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352518112_719243112_2744369_1328075_n.jpg[/image]
Me trying a hard 7b - the "dyno past the bad holds" beta did not work. I wuz too weak for this problem.

[image]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352628112_719243112_2744384_5820047_n.jpg[/image]
Andy using the correct beta. Yes, he stole my hat.

[image]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352633112_719243112_2744385_6657210_n.jpg[/image]
Andy *almost* sticking the sloper. He didn't send that day (only Antoine did) but he got damn close.

[image]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352558112_719243112_2744373_3737726_n.jpg[/image]
Antoine moving for the sloper.

[image]http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352568112_719243112_2744375_2117720_n.jpg[/image]
Almost sticking the sloper, he got it next go.

[image]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352618112_719243112_2744382_5242372_n.jpg[/image]
Sam working a 7b+ roof/lip thing. It was haaaard.

[image]http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352623112_719243112_2744383_7382778_n.jpg[/image]
Antoine trying said problem.

[image]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352708112_719243112_2744395_171773_n.jpg[/image]
Sam

[image]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352718112_719243112_2744397_5084570_n.jpg[/image]
Andy

[image]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs272.snc1/9932_161352688112_719243112_2744393_3968692_n.jpg[/image]
Antoine.

[image]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs252.snc1/9932_161352603112_719243112_2744380_4869285_n.jpg[/image]
Me

Then we went home.

Rats, photos blocked at work. I'll have to log in at home to check them out.
Otherwise, did you ever write up post photos of the bugs, the chief, levenworst?

Gmburns2000

Oct 7, 2009, 3:41 PM
Post #297 of 45342 (27382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

you aren't a fan?

yes, I'm a fan of that onion. I also like the female kind, too. Laugh

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 3:46 PM
Post #298 of 45342 (27380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
kachoong wrote:
sungam wrote:

Steak = money + kcal.

you aren't a fan?

yes, I'm a fan of that onion. I also like the female kind, too. Laugh

check out their new anti-smoking campaign at teh unyun

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 3:51 PM
Post #299 of 45342 (27378 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Otherwise, did you ever write up post photos of the bugs, the chief, levenworst?
Nope.

donald949

Oct 7, 2009, 4:10 PM
Post #300 of 45342 (27376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice write up.

Sometimes its just really nice to have a weekend of no responsibilities, sit back, and enjoy the show.

Go one.

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook