Forums: Community: Campground:
WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #51 of 98 (1912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Internet tough guy huh? ooohhh you called me name...

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

You probably are a V0- boulderer anyways...

I agree, there's a pretty good climbing discussion going on over here:

http://www.supertopo.com/climbers-forum/779298/southern_yosemite

i've been missing out this whole time

johnwesely

Oct 7, 2009, 6:20 PM
Post #52 of 98 (1912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I get done with the whole thing, I am going to post a complete write up on my blog. Then, the entire world can know the perils of the Nigerian Scam.

CrazyPetie

Oct 7, 2009, 6:31 PM
Post #53 of 98 (1894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

I usually keep my participation minimal at this site due to trolls like you...I stick to places where people actually like to talk about climbing instead of bashing each other, making threats and generally treating people like shit. I didn't realize having an opinion made me a "queer" or a "whiney bitch". The major reason this site even flourishes anymore is because of the few stellar contributors and the fact that "rock climbing" is in the title.

Oh i'm so sorry the OP has ruined your day at work for making a funny post! I called you a queer because you are obviously so disturbed by the image that you saw. I dont have a problem with gays, but i thought the term was appropriate in the context.

You wish i was a V0 boulderer buddy.. You live in CO, and i live in PA! I still climb harder then you! thats pathetic.

Yea i got caught growing weed.. On an illegal search and seizure. The news acticle may say that i was on probation, and it also says there was 100+ plants. Both are inacurate. I'm on HA right now, doing my time. Its not stupid to try to make money doing practically nothing and be able to climb everyday in the process. I dont have rich parents to get me out of this situation, the law is treating me like any other petty criminal. Johnwesly, it seems to be YOUR priority to look up my name on google.. You're a bitch. I would never be on this site picking fights if i was free to go climbing.. But i have to entertain myself somehow haha

It sucks that you got busted for a drug crime. That sucks, It really does. The laws are stupid, but that is the way it is. I thought you were on probation at the time, so I assumed you were a giant idiot. I retract my sentiment. I didn't google your name. Someone else posted that. I just like messing with you because you get so worked up. It is kind of cute.

haha thanks man, it means alot when people say that really. I do get a little worked up sometimes but its mostly all in good fun.

The situation was i lived in a college town, and the police there basically dont follow any sort of laws. I had a few people over, drinking, we were all over 21. The police came on a "noise complaint", and said they have to search the house for underagers. So they found my little project in my basement, which was in reality about 40 small plants weighing a total of ~1lb. The media assumed i was on probation because i got charged with possesion a while back but beat it in court. And 100 plants?? they just love to exagerate. I'm confident i will beat these charges, but it just takes time and money at this point. I'm on HA until the trial.

(This post was edited by CrazyPetie on Oct 7, 2009, 6:33 PM)

CrazyPetie

Oct 7, 2009, 6:40 PM
Post #54 of 98 (1876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

p.s. heres a more accurate article on the bust: http://www.Pittsburghpress.com/may2009/Californiapa/199503/monvalleysweep.html

johnwesely

Oct 7, 2009, 6:42 PM
Post #55 of 98 (1871 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok. That was much more fair and balanced than the other one.

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 6:52 PM
Post #56 of 98 (1857 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CrazyPetie] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

Oh i'm so sorry the OP has ruined your day at work for making a funny post! I called you a queer because you are obviously so disturbed by the image that you saw. I dont have a problem with gays, but i thought the term was appropriate in the context.

You wish i was a V0 boulderer buddy.. You live in CO, and i live in PA! I still climb harder then you! thats pathetic.

Yea i got caught growing weed.. On an illegal search and seizure. The news acticle may say that i was on probation, and it also says there was 100+ plants. Both are inacurate. I'm on HA right now, doing my time. Its not stupid to try to make money doing practically nothing and be able to climb everyday in the process. I dont have rich parents to get me out of this situation, the law is treating me like any other petty criminal. Johnwesly, it seems to be YOUR priority to look up my name on google.. You're a bitch. I would never be on this site picking fights if i was free to go climbing.. But i have to entertain myself somehow haha

It sucks that you got busted for a drug crime. That sucks, It really does. The laws are stupid, but that is the way it is. I thought you were on probation at the time, so I assumed you were a giant idiot. I retract my sentiment. I didn't google your name. Someone else posted that. I just like messing with you because you get so worked up. It is kind of cute.

haha thanks man, it means alot when people say that really. I do get a little worked up sometimes but its mostly all in good fun.

The situation was i lived in a college town, and the police there basically dont follow any sort of laws. I had a few people over, drinking, we were all over 21. The police came on a "noise complaint", and said they have to search the house for underagers. So they found my little project in my basement, which was in reality about 40 small plants weighing a total of ~1lb. The media assumed i was on probation because i got charged with possesion a while back but beat it in court. And 100 plants?? they just love to exagerate. I'm confident i will beat these charges, but it just takes time and money at this point. I'm on HA until the trial.
Shitty. College cops are the worst.
Best of luck on the trial. Drug charges are so bogus. The can bust a kid growing a couple plants in his basement but can't catch a serial child rapist that kidnapped a girl with the same car he had used previously and was seen doing it?
wtf.

(This post was edited by sungam on Oct 7, 2009, 6:57 PM)

DutchOvener

Oct 7, 2009, 6:56 PM
Post #57 of 98 (1852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Do you realize that you're a contradictory bigot? Way to call someone out for using a word that propagates social stigmas and then turn around and use the word fucktard. You're retarded, gay, jewish and hypocritical

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #58 of 98 (1846 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DutchOvener] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DutchOvener wrote:
In reply to:
Okay, we have a problem. Did you just call him a queer (let's not bullshit, you meant it as in gay) because he's being a whiny little bitch?
Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable homophobia that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being gay, and people need to stop being such fucktards and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "Oh, that's fucking gay dude! The machine ate my dollar" and "don't be so jewish! Gimme the bigger half" etc. need to stop.

Do you realize that you're a contradictory bigot? Way to call someone out for using a word that propagates social stigmas and then turn around and use the word fucktard. You're retarded, gay, jewish and hypocritical

good job haggis, now you've gone and insulted the fucktards, who are evidently a rather vocal group!

sungam

Oct 7, 2009, 7:05 PM
Post #59 of 98 (1839 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyleshea] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
DutchOvener wrote:
In reply to:

good job haggis, now you've gone and insulted the fucktards, who are evidently a rather vocal group!
LaughLaughLaughLaugh

hansundfritz

Oct 7, 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #60 of 98 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CrazyPetie wrote:
p.s. heres a more accurate article on the bust: http://www.Pittsburghpress.com/may2009/Californiapa/199503/monvalleysweep.html

Crap. I fell for it twice. I'm a fucktard.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #61 of 98 (1821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hansundfritz] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hansundfritz wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:

Crap. I fell for it twice. I'm a fucktard.

oh, and now you throw it in our faces that fucktards can use the term whenever they want. oh, the injustice...

mojomonkey

Oct 7, 2009, 7:35 PM
Post #62 of 98 (1818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

You think only adults look at this website as well?

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.

Okay, we have a problem. Did you just say whiny little bitch (let's not bullshit, you didn't mean female dog) is better than queer? Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people bitch when you mean prick, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable misogyny that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being bitchy, and people need to stop being such scrotums and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "I'm going to pull so many bitches in this bitchin' Camaro" etc. need to stop.

kyleshea

Oct 7, 2009, 7:49 PM
Post #63 of 98 (1807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:
Thanks for having that pop up on my work computer...Maybe you should think a bit more before you post stuff like that.

oh shut up... It doesn't even show anything. Maybe you shouldn't be on rc.com at work queer.

Okay, we have a problem. Did you just say whiny little bitch (let's not bullshit, you didn't mean female dog) is better than queer? Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people bitch when you mean prick, asshole or shitty is fucking low - there are far more descriptive and effective insults or comments to be used that don't reinforce the unacceptable misogyny that's so rampant in our society. There's nothing wrong with being bitchy, and people need to stop being such scrotums and quit acting like there is.

Phrases like "I'm going to pull so many bitches in this bitchin' Camaro" etc. need to stop.

i object to the term bullshit when cows obviously shit as well. also, saying something is lame is a shot at those who have physical disabilities.

kachoong

Oct 7, 2009, 8:08 PM
Post #64 of 98 (1794 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Now you see the violence inherent in the system!!

HELP! We're being oppressed!

dynosore

Oct 7, 2009, 8:26 PM
Post #65 of 98 (1781 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!!

HELP! We're being oppressed!

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
I am your king!
Well, I didn't vote for you

johnwesely

Oct 7, 2009, 8:57 PM
Post #66 of 98 (1762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dynosore] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread has gotten really off topic.

hafilax

Oct 7, 2009, 9:00 PM
Post #67 of 98 (1758 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
You really want to continue discussing bearluv? Crazy

pendereki

Oct 7, 2009, 9:05 PM
Post #68 of 98 (1754 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hafilax] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
You really want to continue discussing bearluv? Crazy

No. Now get back off topic.

clausti

Oct 7, 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #69 of 98 (1731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

because it's far better to use feminizing terms to be insulting?

Partner camhead

Oct 7, 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #70 of 98 (1726 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

Because that's really fuckin' lame. Calling people gay when you mean bitch, ...is fucking low

As climbers we really need to realize that we can;t go around calling everything "gay." The ONLY time it is appropriate is when discussing desert corners.

climbingtrash

Oct 7, 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #71 of 98 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

As climbers we really need to realize that we can;t go around calling everything "gay." The ONLY time it is appropriate is when discussing desert corners.

Desert corners aren't "gay" they're...GHEY! <the PC way to spell it.

hafilax

Oct 7, 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #72 of 98 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:
clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

Desert corners aren't "gay" they're...GHEY! <the PC way to spell it.
Moore like PC++ way to speel it.

shimanilami

Oct 8, 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #73 of 98 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I say, "Live and let live." Gay. Straight. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

When did you snap that photo?

climbingtrash

Oct 8, 2009, 3:25 AM
Post #74 of 98 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
I say, "Live and let live." Gay. Straight. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

When did you snap that photo?

A comment like that makes it sound like yur just 'bout ready to come outta the closet. I think there's a thread in the Announcements forum on here just for that...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.anouncements.cgi?forum=73;

sungam

Oct 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #75 of 98 (1652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] WARNING: Study indicates prolonged exposure to Magnesium Carbonates [climbing chalk] may increase risk of lung cancer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
sungam wrote:
CrazyPetie wrote:
scotty1974 wrote:

Well, I guess that's a fair point, but do you think that the phrase "bitch" is actually insulting someone by saying they're like a girl?
Is the phrase "bitching and moaning" actually saying "acting like a girl and complaining"?
I think not, but if you take it that way I'll try to reduce my use of it, 'cuz I don't really want to get run over next time I'm at the red.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook