RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Outdoorguy402001

Oct 11, 2009, 11:35 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2331 views)
Shortcut

maple canyon Utah,first time
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Went to maple canyon on Saturday and climbed in an area called "The Schoolroom". When we got to the parking area a few people were their and then we went on a short hike to where the schoolroom is, when we arrived there was a whole group of scouts their(24 to be exact and the leaders). I am a scout leader myself but I never concentrate that many youth in an area like that(arghhhhhh). I had my two youngest children and my dentist with me who has a full rack. We climbed all the 5.4 to 5.7 routes after the scouts left. What a good day on the rock.

kennoyce

Nov 20, 2009, 3:06 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Outdoorguy402001] maple canyon Utah,first time [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Glad you had fun, I love maple, A couple of questions though, one, what did you need a full rack for? I mean seriously, It's maple canyon, everything is sport. Number 2, what short hike to the schoolroom, oh you mean the 20 steps from the car, I'd hardly consider that a hike. And number three, why didn't you go to another area after you saw the 24 scouts in the schoolroom, there is plenty of climbing very close to the schoolroom that I'm sure would have had plenty of room (there are also plenty of other easy areas).

Just curious, but as I said, I'm glad you had a good time.

mrtristan

Jan 29, 2010, 2:53 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1988 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Outdoorguy402001] maple canyon Utah,first time [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live an hour from Maple and have only climbed there twice... It's an awesome place, though. Definitely unique. Schoolroom is a cool area--lots of fun, easy climbs. Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook