RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

t-cities_lady

Nov 15, 2009, 3:02 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1063 views)
Shortcut

New and need a partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

I am new to the game, and I need someone with plenty of experience to show me everything. I recently bought all the equipment and toys necessary, so all I need is a time, place, and paitent and wonderful teacher. I will go as far as 5 hours, as I have a lot of free time and love to have fun. I have a four day Thanksgiving weekend that would work out wonderfully, as I have nothing better to do. If anyone is interested in helping me learn, I would be extremely grateful.Smile

osujeep

Nov 15, 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Re: [t-cities_lady] New and need a partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

where are you located? some friends and i will be at NRG in WV fri and sat after thanksgiving if you want to join up and climb some rocks.

t-cities_lady

Nov 15, 2009, 6:32 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1042 views)
Shortcut

Re: [osujeep] New and need a partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

What is NRG and WV? I am in Minneapolis. Thank you for the offer!

(This post was edited by t-cities_lady on Nov 15, 2009, 6:34 PM)

Freeagain

Nov 15, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1037 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Blue Mounds State Park is 4 hours southwest of the cities. The weathere has to be pretty nice though. I have a seperate post on here for climbers at Blue Mounds over Thanksgiving weekend. Within about 14 more miles is Palisades State Park with more climbing. If you want to rough it, you can probably rent one of the camping cabins there, although Thanksgiving may be booked and the place loses a lot of it's attraction once the oak leaves fall. If you are into camping, you can do that at Blue Mounds at the walk in campground. I think I would take a 5 hour flight to the red or elsewhere though. I climb there because I can drive home in an hour.

osujeep

Nov 15, 2009, 9:27 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1027 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the NRG is the new river gorge in west virginia. great place to climb. RRG is the red river gorge in kentucy. also a great place to climb(maybe the best sport destination in the country).

t-cities_lady

Nov 16, 2009, 4:25 PM
Post #6 of 8 (971 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Freeagain] New and need a partner [In reply to]
Report this Post

I think I have heard of Blue Mounds from some friends but never been there. Certainly is closer than West Virginia. At present I don't have any plans for Thanksgiving and I love to camp. Maybe if you can give me more information about the place and where exactly it is. Would be nice to have more information on you too since it would be crazy to just go off on a trip that far on a whim. A girl can't be too careful.

Freeagain

Nov 16, 2009, 5:15 PM
Post #7 of 8 (959 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I sent you a personal message but cannot see from this site if you got it. You can reach me direct at 712 221 9809. For that matter, any climbers in the Blue Mounds, Dells of the Sioux, or Palisades State Park area, give me a call if you want someone who can hang onto a rope or weigh one down.

chadnsc

Nov 18, 2009, 2:27 PM
Post #8 of 8 (910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Edit:

I'll be backpacking over Thaksgiving weekend so no climbing for me. Good luck finding a a partner though.

If you're interested T-cities-lady there is always Taylorís Falls, MN. Taylorís Falls is a town located about an hour north of Minneapolis. All the climbing takes place in Interstate State Park which is located on the banks of the St. Croix river. At TF there are a couple hundred routes there all around 35 to 65 feet tall and range from a 5.4 to 5.13. Camping is available on the Minnesota side of Interstate Park.

If you're interested I'm planning on being at Taylorís Falls over Thanksgiving weekend if the weather is good (no rain and temps above 35 degrees). I would be more than happy to help you learn a bit about climbing. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Good luck finding someplace to climb and have fun!

(This post was edited by chadnsc on Nov 23, 2009, 7:46 AM)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook