Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

caughtinside

Nov 30, 2009, 4:46 AM
Post #8076 of 105309 (7918 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
curt wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about limestone. Chossy as shit and my hands still hurt from those awful pockets. Blargh. I miss my schist and granite.

That's God's own stone you are complaining about.

Suck it up. Climbing at different areas on different rock makes you a better climber.

Mal told me I could get to Penitente in under three hours with some crazy backroads driving. Might check it out next week.

You do realize that Penitente climbing involves sharp rhyolite edges and pockets, right? Just curious.

Curt

Yes. I need to bleed out my pussyness.

Aunt Flo is at the krag?

granite_grrl

Nov 30, 2009, 1:06 PM
Post #8077 of 105309 (7892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
hey, does it count as GU if I skimmed over that entire page that partygirl vomited all over yesterday?
Skimming is a valid form of GUing, but your not supposed to admit you do it and try not to look like an idiot when something you skimmed over comes back and you don't understand what's going on.

imnotclever

Nov 30, 2009, 1:18 PM
Post #8078 of 105309 (7889 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
So, I watched a movie last night about a girl who's fiance left her when she told him she had sucked off her dog in college.

Pretty entertaining.

What was the dog's name?

imnotclever

Nov 30, 2009, 1:20 PM
Post #8079 of 105309 (7889 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Turkey weekend. Mah favorite.

I plan on gaining 10 pounds in 4 hours, then driving to shelf road at 4 am to go climbing. Muah.

I've never been to Shelf, but isn't it on the opposite side of the rockies? how far a drive?

How far is Penitente? summer area? The photos of that place always looked pretty cool.

Shelf is 5 hours...yup, other side. Mal and some other gimps are going to be there, so it should be worth the drive (wonderboy got an invite, but I still don't know if he's coming. There could be some colorful posts on sunday night...)

Never heard of Penitente, will do some research!

[shameless name dropping]Bob D'Antonio will be there too. I had dinner last night with him, Mal and Pat Ament.[/shameless name dropping]

Bob is writing the new guidebook to Shelf--and put in a few new routes there last weekend.

Curt

Introduce yourself as Reno (or thorne) and watch bob *shit pants in rage*

granite_grrl

Nov 30, 2009, 1:24 PM
Post #8080 of 105309 (7886 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about limestone. Chossy as shit and my hands still hurt from those awful pockets. Blargh. I miss my schist and granite.
Sounds like it needs some comfortizing.

granite_grrl

Nov 30, 2009, 1:26 PM
Post #8081 of 105309 (7980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Trying to teach the dog how to speak on command. It's a noisy affair.
I think you need to teach a dog how to be quiet before you should allow him to speak.

imnotclever

Nov 30, 2009, 1:29 PM
Post #8082 of 105309 (7949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
PSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT

Belay on. Over.

When I go hiking with my brother-in-law, the dude just flies at a pace much faster than me. Bastard doesn't wait up. So I got the walkie talkies so at least I know where he is.

So for about the first 3 times we went on rode rides. I did the same thing to him. Got my revenge! Well I did keep it so he could see me, and every so often I'd let him catch up.

But I've gotten over that now. Now I'll ride at his pace.

granite_grrl

Nov 30, 2009, 1:37 PM
Post #8083 of 105309 (7953 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Belay on. Over.

When I go hiking with my brother-in-law, the dude just flies at a pace much faster than me. Bastard doesn't wait up. So I got the walkie talkies so at least I know where he is.

So for about the first 3 times we went on rode rides. I did the same thing to him. Got my revenge! Well I did keep it so he could see me, and every so often I'd let him catch up.

But I've gotten over that now. Now I'll ride at his pace.
Nathan never waits for me. He likes to go off on side trails to check things out without telling me either. Then there was this one time I left him for dead when his bike broke down when were going out mtn biking with some other people. I didn't know where he went, but I just kept on going as per normal.

caughtinside

Nov 30, 2009, 4:36 PM
Post #8084 of 105309 (7936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
I think you need to teach a dog how to be quiet before you should allow him to speak.

Burley has 'bad crag dog whose owners think he is adorable, cute great crag dog' written all over him.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 4:49 PM
Post #8085 of 105309 (7928 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I haz to work tomorrow.

cuz yore canadian nao.
cdb

Ummmm....

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 4:51 PM
Post #8086 of 105309 (7928 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
curt wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
epoch wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
curt wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

I plan on gaining 10 pounds in 4 hours, then driving to shelf road at 4 am to go climbing. Muah.

That is actually a fun, albeit potentially disgusting plan.
I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning. And then as soon as I return home from the feast.

Disgusting? Not if 5 pounds get tacked onto each breast thigh. Some women are that way, you know...

Curt

Thanks for the reminder.
fixied

want a cheesetit with your turkey?

mmmm cheesetits.

Curt

Fixed. Don't drink and post.

Huh?

Partner camhead

Nov 30, 2009, 4:52 PM
Post #8087 of 105309 (7927 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Burley has 'bad crag dog whose owners think he is adorable, cute great crag dog' written all over him.

[facespace]Paul Nelson likes this[/facespace]

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 4:53 PM
Post #8088 of 105309 (7926 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Belay on. Over.

what's with all the pictures of art?

Inkorect. Teh Art doesn't climb.

caughtinside

Nov 30, 2009, 4:53 PM
Post #8089 of 105309 (7925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
epoch wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I haz to work tomorrow.

cuz yore canadian nao.
cdb

Ummmm....

zing?

Maybe just a tingle?

snoopy138

Nov 30, 2009, 4:55 PM
Post #8090 of 105309 (7920 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Belay on. Over.

what's with all the pictures of art?

Inkorect. Teh Art doesn't climb.

well, so far you've shown a picture of him belaying and a picture of him hanging

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 4:56 PM
Post #8091 of 105309 (7917 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

obsessed wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Buckets is doing whatever the hell buckets does.
Right now GU'n 18 pages. And while you shit headz are about to eat turkey I'm at work!

If you would have CTd this post it would have been rather amuzing.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 4:59 PM
Post #8092 of 105309 (7914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Anyone ever owned a Subaru?

I have the Legacy Outvack
She does. She is quite efficient at tailgating and swearing at gnartarded tourons on the road around red rocks in it.

Oh, yore one of those drivers.

caughtinside

Nov 30, 2009, 5:04 PM
Post #8093 of 105309 (7910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Anyone ever owned a Subaru?

I have the Legacy Outvack
She does. She is quite efficient at tailgating and swearing at gnartarded tourons on the road around red rocks in it.

Oh, yore one of those drivers.

heh. I seem to recall a little swearing when we went on the Rough Ride.

But, I haven't seen blutarski drive, I've heard he swears a blue streak.

Heh. That first day I pulled into Red Rocks, I had been driving all day. I had that layer of driving sweat, and super clammy hands from being on the wheel. I shook blutarski's hand, and turned away. I looked back, and he had this horrified expression and was wiping his hand on his pantz. hahahaha!!!!

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:07 PM
Post #8094 of 105309 (7908 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nilcarborundum] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nilcarborundum wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
ClimbClimb wrote:
*plonk*
I fucking hate when people chop up a post line for line

I know. What a bunch of morons.

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
and make comments to each individual sentence,

All that work to make their stupid point
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
none of which are ever funny.

What a bunch of fuckwads

Heh

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:10 PM
Post #8095 of 105309 (7905 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Well kids, my computer is still infected, haven't had time to do anything about it... so in my dispair I've been climbing a bunch. Just rolled in from the crag and Mari has a couple of friends over for the night. One of her friends left her laptop on the dining room table.... I have stolen it and hiding up in my room until the young lady notices it missing.

Lots of shit to tell you guys.... still I'm 50+ pages back so... i guess the stories will have to wait. Time to GU, might have to pull on a few slings though, still, hope you guys had something worth reading.

oh yea,

just in case I forget,

not tring to be mushy,

still,

have to say......

missed you guys.

well, let's see if I can get through a few pages before I get found out.

Mines got one too - I knew I shouldn't have visited that gay midget beastiality site. It's blocking Norton and Housecall from even running a scan. Any suggestions? (that's directed towards anyone but Jak of course)

snoopy138

Nov 30, 2009, 5:12 PM
Post #8096 of 105309 (7903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Well kids, my computer is still infected, haven't had time to do anything about it... so in my dispair I've been climbing a bunch. Just rolled in from the crag and Mari has a couple of friends over for the night. One of her friends left her laptop on the dining room table.... I have stolen it and hiding up in my room until the young lady notices it missing.

Lots of shit to tell you guys.... still I'm 50+ pages back so... i guess the stories will have to wait. Time to GU, might have to pull on a few slings though, still, hope you guys had something worth reading.

oh yea,

just in case I forget,

not tring to be mushy,

still,

have to say......

missed you guys.

well, let's see if I can get through a few pages before I get found out.

Mines got one too - I knew I shouldn't have visited that gay midget beastiality site. It's blocking Norton and Housecall from even running a scan. Any suggestions? (that's directed towards anyone but Jak of course)

I had the same shit, so I just saved off all my files to a USB drive (you'll probably need something larger with all yore pictures), and reinstalled windows.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:13 PM
Post #8097 of 105309 (7900 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dominic7] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Obsequiousness and Ball Cuppage

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5727375/

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything. I think I would have shot it out my nose and ruined the computer.

I am having problems eating while watching. "May I... cup your ballz?"

I make myself laff.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:16 PM
Post #8098 of 105309 (7895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I know I've been out of the loop for a while with this whole job applying thing, but why pdf?

I do it so they can't open it up and see all the changes I've made to it over the years. I'm not too worried about someone messing with it, but I suppose that could be a concern.

Durp. The changes could be accidental though. Word is a dynamic program that stores information in a sort of vector format and how one person has theirs set up can be very different from another. I use styles a lot in Word. I'm not stupid enough to save over the default styles but I've seen people do it. Now if that person opens your DOC it's going to be in their fucked up format. Especially now with several forms of MS Office in heavy use.

Margins can float around a lot on word. I had my footer (all my contact information) not print out on a resume I sent my company. They passed the printout sans any contact information around to people in the office who all says "well, looks like a good guy to hire, but who the fuck is stupid enough not to put contact information on a resume".

Not that you'd have TMs, Copyrights, or say the degrees bubble - but such upper ASCII text often gets botched.

Putting it into PDF freezes everything into bitmap format. WYSIWYG. You can see exactly how it's going to look, lock it, and send it off in a much smaller and easier to open format.

Fuck, this serious posting shit is for the birds.

It's not actually a bitmap format, though this is a pretty good explanation. The history is that Adobe was the leading developer of Postscript, which was the "language" that standardized how computers talked to printers: defining the protocol by which any combination of printers and computers would produce visibly identical printouts. The Portable Document Format (PDF) is actually Postscript-compliant and has extensions to markup document properties, bookmarks, etc. I know all this useless trivia because my first jorb out of college was to write software that allowed one to fill in form fields on a PDF so I had to hack extensions onto the format.

You will Read All That! ^^

I figured it wasn't truly bitmap, but some form of it. Our scanner at work would return PDFs and they showed every smudge or crease in black. It was obviously a bitmap-like format. Which is quite different than converting to PDF in Word, where you can still go back and edit it. However, for resumes and whatnot I usually use the 'print' command, which gives it to you in a small non-editable PDF... that way is essentially a bitmap, no?

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:17 PM
Post #8099 of 105309 (7872 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I know I've been out of the loop for a while with this whole job applying thing, but why pdf?

I do it so they can't open it up and see all the changes I've made to it over the years. I'm not too worried about someone messing with it, but I suppose that could be a concern.

Durp. The changes could be accidental though. Word is a dynamic program that stores information in a sort of vector format and how one person has theirs set up can be very different from another. I use styles a lot in Word. I'm not stupid enough to save over the default styles but I've seen people do it. Now if that person opens your DOC it's going to be in their fucked up format. Especially now with several forms of MS Office in heavy use.

Margins can float around a lot on word. I had my footer (all my contact information) not print out on a resume I sent my company. They passed the printout sans any contact information around to people in the office who all says "well, looks like a good guy to hire, but who the fuck is stupid enough not to put contact information on a resume".

Not that you'd have TMs, Copyrights, or say the degrees bubble - but such upper ASCII text often gets botched.

Putting it into PDF freezes everything into bitmap format. WYSIWYG. You can see exactly how it's going to look, lock it, and send it off in a much smaller and easier to open format.

It's not actually a bitmap format, though this is a pretty good explanation. The history is that Adobe was the leading developer of Postscript, which was the "language" that standardized how computers talked to printers: defining the protocol by which any combination of printers and computers would produce visibly identical printouts. The Portable Document Format (PDF) is actually Postscript-compliant and has extensions to markup document properties, bookmarks, etc. I know all this useless trivia because my first jorb out of college was to write software that allowed one to fill in form fields on a PDF so I had to hack extensions onto the format.

And yes, I expected to be called out, as I'm sure Word isn't a "vector format" either - but it was the best description I could come up with based off of engineering terminology.

Arrogant_Bastard

Nov 30, 2009, 5:18 PM
Post #8100 of 105309 (7872 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dominic7 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I'll quote it one more time because I know these are the types of posts that people hate seeing.

First page Previous page 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook