RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

wallwombat

Dec 10, 2009, 6:33 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2131 views)
Shortcut

Help Australian Climbers Gain Access
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi There

I'm sure that more than a few of you have been to Australia and climbed at some of our excellent climbing areas such as Mount Arapiles, The Grampians and The Blue Mountains.

Well, the Plan of Management for Sydney Harbour National Park, which has some of the best sea cliff climbing in Oz, is coming up for review. Climbing has been effectively banned in the park since the first Plan of Management was drafted in 1998 and in a very uncharacteristic move by the National Park and Wildlife Service, they have set up a public forum on what activities should be allowed in the park.

We are currently trying to rally as many reponses as possible to prove to the Nationaal Parks and Wildlife Servise that climbers aren't just a voiceless fringe group and rock climbing is a valid form of recreation and should be permitted in the Park.

Here is the link to the National Parks public forum. It only takes 5 minutes to register and have your say. It doesn't have to be an essay. Simply, point out that rock climbing is a valid form of recreation and you believe it should be permitted in the park. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

http://sydneyharbourpom.net.au/...in-our-national-park

Just think, you could be getting off a plane in Sydney and legally cranking great sandstone routes, next to one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, less than an hour later.

Here's a taste of what could be.

http://onsight.com.au/...n=31&ee_lang=eng

As I said , any positive response would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Wallwombat

(This post was edited by wallwombat on Dec 11, 2009, 12:31 PM)

I_do

Dec 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2094 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wallwombat] Help Australian Climbers Gain Access [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wallwombat wrote:
Hi There

I'm sure that more than a few of you have been to Australia and climbed at some of our excellent climbing areas such as Mount Arapiles, The Grampians and The Blue Mountains.

Well, the Plan of Management for Sydney Harbour National Park, which has some of the best sea cliff climbing in Oz, is coming up for review. Climbing has been effectively banned in the park since the first Plan of Management was drafted in 1998 and in a very uncharacteristic move by the National Park and Wildlife Service, they have set up a public forum on what activities should be allowed in the park.

We are currently trying to rally as many reponses as possible to prove to the Nationaal Parks and Wildlife Servise that climbers aren't just a voiceless fringe group and rock climbing is a valid form of recreation and should be permitted in the Park.

Here is the link to the National Parks public forum. It only takes 5 minutes to register and have your say. It doesn't have to be an essay. Simply, point out that rock climbing is a valid form of recreation and you believe it should be permitted in the park. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

http://sydneyharbourpom.net.au/topic/what-activities-to-allow-or-ban-in-our-national-park

Just think, you could be getting off a plane in Sydney and legally cranking great sandstone routes, next to one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, less than an hour later.

Here's a taste of what could be.

http://onsight.com.au/gallery/list.php?exhibition=31&ee_lang=eng

As I said , any positive response would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas.

Wallwombat

Did you already post up on qurank? And I can post up on the QUT cliffhangers forum as wellif you want, there will probably be a bunch of guys there willing to sign as well.

I already filled it in, I enjoyed climbing in Ozzie a lot!

wallwombat

Dec 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2082 views)
Shortcut

Re: [I_do] Help Australian Climbers Gain Access [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mate , it would be great if you could post on the QUT site. I'll post on qurank now. The more responses the better.

Cheers

WW

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook