In reply to:
Second Round of Summits!
May 24, 2010 (Nepal Time)
We are proud to report that John, Ryan, Lei, Mike, Justin and their four sherpas have summited and are now on the way down to the Col. Robert, Chris, and Peter turned back on the ascent from near the Balcony and have already reached back to the Col and are now descending to Camp 2.
The climbers who summitted yesterday and spent the night on the Col are also making their way down to Camp 2. The weather up high on Everest has been light winds with some clouds and a few flakes. Down lower there was more snowfall overnight, but the sun is now starting to burn through. We have a group of Sherpas on their way to the Col from C2 to start carrying down the empty oxygen bottles and equipment. We'll keep you posted on the team's progress.
Here are the names of the summiters:
1. Mr. Michael Earl Chapman of USA
2. Mr. John Stephen Dahlem of USA
3. Mr. Ryan Steven Dahlem of USA
4. Ms. Lei Wang of USA
5. Mr. Justin Reese Merle of USA (this is his 4th Everest summit)
6. Mr. Samduk Dorje Tamaang of Khumjung VDC Pangboche Solukhumbu, Nepal (this is his 5th Everest summit)
7. Mr. Danuru Sherpa (I) of Khumjung VDC Phortse Solukhumbu, Nepal (this is his 10th Everest summit)
8. Mr. Danuru Sherpa (II) of Khumjung VDC Phortse Solukhumbu, Nepal (this is his 12th Everest summit)
9. Mr. Datenji Sherpa of Khumjung VDC Phortse Solukhumbu, Nepal (this is his 6th Everest summit)
Congratulations to everyone and we wish them all a safe trip back down.
—Eric Simonson, IMG Director