Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

meowXtC

Dec 29, 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #1 of 24 (15146 views)
Shortcut

Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Diego_County)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so ive done some climbing on mission trails worked my way up with a friend to the top of the mountain... and also done tecate peak just hiking and going up the rocky mountain... very amateur.. and i was wondering what other places can i go to that i can have fun and practice my freeclimb and scrambling

note on what i ment with the HOLE OF DEATH: was at tecate peak n for some reason i am not gutsy to work my way thru big hole falls... i had to pass over it and it took me 15 mins to get myself to do it and yeah like i said i prob need to get over the fear of falling on rocks lol

So yeah only techniques i have is I LOVE GOING UP... and when going down im a pro at butt rock climbing down lol... so ... any sudgestions of other places i can go explore?

(This post was edited by meowXtC on Dec 31, 2009, 3:37 AM)

climbingtrash

Dec 29, 2009, 1:27 PM
Post #2 of 24 (15130 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meowXtC] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meowXtC wrote:
so ive done some climbing on mission trails worked my way up with a friend to the top of the mountain... and also done tecate peak just hiking and going up the rocky mountain... so technically its just major noob status on my hand.. and i was wondering what other places can i go to that i can have fun and practice my freehand and not be paralized by a HOLE OF DEATH ... lol since that kinda happened to me at tecate peak hahaha.. big hole... i had to pass over it and it took me 15 mins to get myself to do it and i was scared lol.. so yeah only techniques i have is I LOVE GOING UP... and when going down im a pro at butt rock climbing down lol... so ... any sudgestions of other places i can go explore?

First you should get your terminology straight...
http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._Dictionary_528.html

Then check this page...
http://www.rockclimbing.com/Articles/50206

Then finish it up with this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

i_h8_choss

Dec 29, 2009, 3:20 PM
Post #3 of 24 (15104 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meowXtC wrote:
so ive done some climbing on mission trails worked my way up with a friend to the top of the mountain... and also done tecate peak just hiking and going up the rocky mountain... so technically its just major noob status on my hand.. and i was wondering what other places can i go to that i can have fun and practice my freehand and not be paralized by a HOLE OF DEATH ... lol since that kinda happened to me at tecate peak hahaha.. big hole... i had to pass over it and it took me 15 mins to get myself to do it and i was scared lol.. so yeah only techniques i have is I LOVE GOING UP... and when going down im a pro at butt rock climbing down lol... so ... any sudgestions of other places i can go explore?

I really dont understand the question, sorry.

I think you're asking about rocky peaks or mountains in the San Diego area that you can "scramble" up. This is also called hiking class 3 or 4.

What do you mean "practice my freehand and not be paralized by a HOLE OF DEATH"

oh, and STFU !

meowXtC

Dec 30, 2009, 3:41 AM
Post #4 of 24 (15058 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey thanks for the links... that dictionary one realy helped since honestly i never knew there was so much terminology to it... i pretty much just went out to have fun.. but glad i can now actually know the right word to discribe something instead of trying to describe it with a million words what i am trying to say...hahahahahahhaha thanks for the other links lol... i was kinda expecting the puppy one to all of the sudden turn into a monster so i first watched it with one eye closed hahahahahah... and damn you on the youtube.... i am always getting linked to that song... *sigh* lol...

thanks!

meowXtC

Dec 30, 2009, 3:48 AM
Post #5 of 24 (15053 views)
Shortcut

Re: [i_h8_choss] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ok let me translate... i was asking for places of SD where i can (its not bouldering .. because apparently thats just going on a boulder freehand... ill get back to you on the right term since i am not done reading the dictionary that was linked to me and i want to get it right)

but ill explain what i mean with the hole of death... i was working my way down with a friend after hiking up some rock strucktures (dont knwo the right term)... and there was this huge hole that i had to work around that was a pretty long fall... and thats what i call the hole of death... i tried getting the guts to go over it but for some reason i couldnt get myself to do it and it took me a lot of time and thinking to get to do it... so at the moment until i gain confidence i would like to avoid holes of death.

meowXtC

Dec 30, 2009, 3:59 AM
Post #6 of 24 (15046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FREE CLIMB ... thats what i like to do.. for a moment when reading i also kind thought it may be consider scambling... i hope this makes sence in describing the types of places i am trying to look for in SD... did i get it finally right?

Bats

Dec 30, 2009, 4:04 AM
Post #7 of 24 (15043 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good choice on videos...maybe some Twisted Sister would really scared him to the "Hole of Death."Wink

meowXtC

Dec 30, 2009, 5:58 AM
Post #8 of 24 (15014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Bats] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*sigh* im a chick... lol and prob it would incline me to opt for the hole of death lol

Bats

Dec 30, 2009, 1:34 PM
Post #9 of 24 (14981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No worries...I too am a chick or in Texas a chica, but that is what they taught in school. Have a good & safe NYE...

shockabuku

Dec 30, 2009, 2:25 PM
Post #10 of 24 (14968 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Look here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...Dakota&Submit=Go

troutboy

Dec 30, 2009, 3:17 PM
Post #11 of 24 (14956 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Umm, she means San Diego, not South Dakota.Wink

shockabuku

Dec 30, 2009, 3:29 PM
Post #12 of 24 (14950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [troutboy] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

troutboy wrote:

Umm, she means San Diego, not South Dakota.Wink

Unsure

the_leech

Dec 30, 2009, 4:28 PM
Post #13 of 24 (14924 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meowXtC's profile wrote:

Interests: Im interested in photography... i have been wanting to take a class for years .. but lately been to poor to sign up for the class again. I tend to get myself in random situations. I laugh a lot and i enjoy life. Mother Earth feeds me with stimulation. I am a very creative individual but i also love working my brains intellectually, philosophically, and mathematically, best of all worlds. Im pretty chillax, random, and honest, up to anything and willing to try everything at least once. I like to write, wether its a song, poetry, or quotes .. its something that i enjoy and helps me outlet creativity, im a musician and music is my muse. I like to explore...hiking on virgin land is bliss, trying new routes and getting lost is exciting, dgolfin calms me, driving to new and unknown destinations are the highlight, im very curious by nature... i like to know how things work... or what things are... or just try new things.. (though i admit at times i have been a little scared trying some new things) .. but once i have tried something new .. i have come to learn that you get this new sence of accomplishment.. and i think its worth the scare lol ... isnt it that curiosity killed the cat? *blink* *blink* meow.... *lick* I love music.. for some reason it just fills me up inside with just an excitement... i love the fact that music can make you feel so many emotions... it speaks to me... lol now im hearing voices.. but i love it.. it takes me to a different dimension... i turn up the music... and i just drift off.. into singing and dancing and just feeling the music.. i live to dance and dance to live because the energy that music feeds has me fueled well thats just the tip of the ice berg... and i could go on writting some more.. but yeah .. my fav thing is people.. so why dont you just holler at me if you really just want to know more about me.. or just love me too much that you cant get enough of me hahaha..

She's either 14, or a little touched in the head.

My money is on the latter.

Meow, can you clarify?

chadnsc

Dec 30, 2009, 5:42 PM
Post #14 of 24 (14899 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_leech] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:

Meow, can you clarify?

After looking at her profile and clicking on her myspace page I'm going to say she's 14 years old.

dugl33

Dec 30, 2009, 6:40 PM
Post #15 of 24 (14880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a few climbing gyms in the area, such as this one...http://verticalhold.com/

Also, hiking and scrambling in Anza Borrego, Mission Gorge, Julian.

You're not far from good bouldering in Santee and Mt. Woodson.

There is roped climbing at Mission Gorge, although much of it is extremely polished, if memory serves. Also at Mt. Woodson, and an area called Crest, although I think Crest is off limits these days.

You could also ask around at Adventure 16.

You probably want to take some beginner classes at a climbing gym or from REI.

Good luck.

meowXtC

Dec 31, 2009, 1:23 AM
Post #16 of 24 (14837 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

CALM THE FUCK DOWN.. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!!!! lol... u where off by lets say add 10 years... but nice to see you went thru the work of looking at my profile :) and posting about me... honestly as much as i love geology ... its not my one and only hobbie... its just one that i recently started to explore and thats why i am asking questions about it.. and like i posted earlier... i didnt know there were soo many terms to things... anyways.. Peace!

meowXtC

Dec 31, 2009, 2:06 AM
Post #17 of 24 (14823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dugl33] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ahhhh nice... thank you ... never heard of anza borrego or Mt.Woodson, im going to google those up, i really appreciate the help, and yeah i had considered taking a beginers class just need to save for that.
thanks bunches though

climbingtrash

Dec 31, 2009, 2:35 AM
Post #18 of 24 (14814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meowXtC wrote:
CALM THE FUCK DOWN.. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!!!! lol... u where off by lets say add 10 years... but nice to see you went thru the work of looking at my profile :) and posting about me... honestly as much as i love geology ... its not my one and only hobbie... its just one that i recently started to explore and thats why i am asking questions about it.. and like i posted earlier... i didnt know there were soo many terms to things... anyways.. Peace!

Who's yelling at you?

meowXtC

Dec 31, 2009, 3:00 AM
Post #19 of 24 (14806 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha i was just messing... *sigh*

bennydh

Dec 31, 2009, 3:29 AM
Post #20 of 24 (14794 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_leech wrote:

Meow, can you clarify?

Maybe she was touched by acid, meth, or ecstasy at 14, then scarred for the last 10 years, causing serious developmental issues.

Either way.... I'm entertained.

Meow, is the scary hole of death a hallucination? Will it go away when you lay off the angel dust? *YUM* angel dust, *LICK* *SNORT*

meowXtC

Dec 31, 2009, 3:46 AM
Post #21 of 24 (14785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bennydh] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thats what she said

the_leech

Dec 31, 2009, 5:42 AM
Post #22 of 24 (14764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
meowXtC wrote:

Who's yelling at you?

I think it's the voices in her head.

the_leech

Dec 31, 2009, 5:44 AM
Post #23 of 24 (14762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bennydh] Noob looking for freehand NOOB rockclimbing in SD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
the_leech wrote:

Meow, can you clarify?

Maybe she was touched by acid, meth, or ecstasy at 14, then scarred for the last 10 years, causing serious developmental issues.

Drugs. Hmmmm... Good point.

I didn't think about that, but I bet you're right.

quiteatingmysteak

Dec 31, 2009, 5:56 AM
Post #24 of 24 (14757 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Solid Rock Gym. More bang for your buck.

http://www.solidrockgym.com/

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook