RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

beta

Nov 6, 2001, 3:23 AM
Post #1 of 2 (4684 views)
Shortcut

Dr. Piton Defines Trade Route PART 1
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi Doctor, thank you for seeing me.

I have a question, I see the term "trade route" usually attached to a long established aid climb. Where did the term come from?

P.S. That Hans' guy needs to say eh? once in a while eh? Guess he needs to go speed climb some more, eh?

Jeff

[ Edited title at the request of Dr Piton ]

[ This Message was edited by: rrradam on 2001-11-11 15:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: beta on 2001-11-11 15:43 ]

passthepitonspete

Nov 11, 2001, 3:18 AM
Post #2 of 2 (4684 views)
Shortcut

Dr. Piton Defines Trade Route PART 1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Dear Beta,

Like, the Doctor is finally in, eh? His inbox was so full to overflowing that he had to spend the last three hours emptying it out...

Pinscar is correct in saying that the term "trade route" refers to well-travelled and familiar commercial thoroughfares. While historic shipping lanes may first come to mindARRR, may-tees! there are many different types of trade routes.

Progress on trade routes is often very slowfor the uninitiated and is frequently fraught with peril.

Encounters with savage beasts both realand imagined will affect the outcome of the expedition.

Even today, mythical monsters like
green dragonsare believed to lurk around the base of certain trade routes.

Dr. Piton has had abundant opportunity to observe any number of climbers travelling on trade routes, usually from the comfort of his portaledge situated on a neighbouring climb and while enjoying his freshly-brewed morning coffee.
....../|\
..../..|..\
../....|....\

Note the look in Dr. Piton's eyes - this explains why he seldom begins climbing before noon.

It is Dr. Piton's observation that almost all wall climbers who bail from trade routes do so because of ghostsand dragons. Dr. Piton is convinced that if climbers on trade routes paid less attention to ghosts and dragons, fewer would end up bailing and more would end up on the summit.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MOVE TO PART 2

[ This Message was edited by: passthepitonspete on 2002-12-13 22:52 ]

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook