Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Any bouldering in Colorado early March?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

oartzy

Jan 7, 2010, 4:17 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2877 views)
Shortcut

Any bouldering in Colorado early March?  (North_America: United_States: Colorado)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I'm going to be in Colorado Feb 25-March 8). Is there any boulder to be done this time of year? If yes, any suggestions? I don't mind if its cold but looking for boulders that are not snow covered. Also are they any place to rent crash pads or should I just bring my own? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

scotty1974

Jan 7, 2010, 4:23 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oartzy] Any bouldering in Colorado early March? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Of course it depends on if it snow that week, how cold it is etc. but yes. I'm pretty sure that Neptune Mountaineering rents out pads, but I'd call to be sure.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2266920;forum_view=recent_posts;

pfwein

Jan 7, 2010, 6:02 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2840 views)
Shortcut

Re: [oartzy] Any bouldering in Colorado early March? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oartzy wrote:
Hi,

I'm going to be in Colorado Feb 25-March 8). Is there any boulder to be done this time of year? If yes, any suggestions? I don't mind if its cold but looking for boulders that are not snow covered. Also are they any place to rent crash pads or should I just bring my own? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I don't have any secret beta, but as someone who lives in Colo Front Range and likes to boulder, I'd day the standard, old school, low elevation bouldering spots (Horsetooth Res., Carter Lake, Flagstaff (Boulder), Morrison) are likely to have good weather then based on average temps. (I'd say it's a combination of temp, sun, and wind. Unfortunately, many of the warm winter days are windy and sometimes clouds; sometimes the colder but calm, sunny days are better.)

We usually get lots of nice days throughout the winter, but we get plenty of unclimable days too.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook