Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Bouldering:
Post deleted by ovomusic
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

 


ovomusic


Jan 12, 2010, 3:56 PM
Post #1 of 12 (3391 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 12, 2010
Posts: 5

Post deleted by ovomusic
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

 


cush


Jan 12, 2010, 7:40 PM
Post #2 of 12 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 1, 2008
Posts: 320

Re: [ovomusic] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you can buy topo maps of the area made by the NY/NJ trail conference at any EMS, campmor or ramsey outdoor store in the area. all i will say is that the hariman area maps have the master bedroom area on them. it may not be labeled as such. in fact, it might not even be noted on the map at all. all i will tell you is that with proper reading of the map and enough searching of possible areas, you will find it. and when you find it, you will be VERY impressed.

this is an outside sport. put some of the adventure back into climbing.


ovomusic


Jan 12, 2010, 8:14 PM
Post #3 of 12 (3340 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 12, 2010
Posts: 5

Re: [cush] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah, i have scanned Google Earth for spots. I drove up there and searched for a couple of hours. Didn't find anything. Do you have to cut through private property?


lazymonkey


Sep 21, 2010, 2:23 AM
Post #4 of 12 (3076 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2010
Posts: 75

Re: [ovomusic] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

also looking for the master bedroom. new climber here, from rockland...anyone interested in a partner or just showing a new guy the ropes, email me bustedmitt@yahoo.com


c4c


Sep 21, 2010, 3:31 AM
Post #5 of 12 (3067 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 18, 2006
Posts: 1279

Re: [lazymonkey] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

lazymonkey wrote:
also looking for the master bedroom. new climber here, from rockland...anyone interested in a partner or just showing a new guy the ropes, email me bustedmitt@yahoo.com

uhm.... you don't use ropes for bouldering.


bill413


Sep 21, 2010, 5:25 AM
Post #6 of 12 (3043 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 19, 2004
Posts: 5674

Re: [c4c] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

c4c wrote:
lazymonkey wrote:
also looking for the master bedroom. new climber here, from rockland...anyone interested in a partner or just showing a new guy the ropes, email me bustedmitt@yahoo.com

uhm.... you don't use ropes for bouldering.

He want's them for the bedroom?


automated


Sep 21, 2010, 7:39 AM
Post #7 of 12 (3013 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 25, 2006
Posts: 16

Re: [cush] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

point of fact: the so-called master bedroom is a seeping roof comprised primarily of choss. it is for the desperate only. additionally, if you don't boulder v8 or harder, you might as well go to the gravity vault. good luck.


mr.tastycakes


Sep 21, 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #8 of 12 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 10, 2008
Posts: 310

Re: [ovomusic] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

posting about an illegal bouldering area on a public online forum? c'mon man!


ovomusic


Sep 21, 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #9 of 12 (2972 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 12, 2010
Posts: 5

Re: [mr.tastycakes] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Why is it illegal? Bouldering is allowed in Harriman.


lazymonkey


Sep 21, 2010, 2:50 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2957 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2010
Posts: 75

Re: [ovomusic] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

not sure if i just missed the saracasm....but show the ropes does not necessarily mean i plan on using ropes.

and what exactly is illegal about climbing rocks?

can one of my fellow NYers please email me with some info.

bustedmitt@yahoo.com


bill413


Sep 21, 2010, 3:10 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2946 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 19, 2004
Posts: 5674

Re: [lazymonkey] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lazymonkey wrote:
not sure if i just missed the saracasm....but show the ropes does not necessarily mean i plan on using ropes.

and what exactly is illegal about climbing rocks?

can one of my fellow NYers please email me with some info.

bustedmitt@yahoo.com

Check the Palisades Park Commission's attitude on it. (Not that Harriman is the Pallisades).


welle


Sep 21, 2010, 3:22 PM
Post #12 of 12 (2941 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2008
Posts: 212

Re: [bill413] Bouldering Harriman New York (Master Bedroom) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bill413 wrote:
lazymonkey wrote:
not sure if i just missed the saracasm....but show the ropes does not necessarily mean i plan on using ropes.

and what exactly is illegal about climbing rocks?

can one of my fellow NYers please email me with some info.

bustedmitt@yahoo.com

Check the Palisades Park Commission's attitude on it. (Not that Harriman is the Pallisades).

It's only illegal if ropes are used. Bouldering and free solo are perfectly fine.


Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook