RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

dan2see

Jan 14, 2010, 3:56 PM
Post #1 of 9 (5883 views)
Shortcut

"Waterfall Ice" book: WTB
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wanted to buy:

"Waterfall Ice
climbs in the Canadian Rockies"
by Joe Josephson

Please reply by PM or email.

If you live in Calgary, tell me where to find you, and I'll come and pick it up.

kovacs69

Jan 14, 2010, 4:20 PM
Post #2 of 9 (5863 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan2see] "Waterfall Ice" book: WTB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
Wanted to buy:

"Waterfall Ice
by Joe Josephson

If you live in Calgary, tell me where to find you, and I'll come and pick it up.

Try Here:

http://www.chesslerbooks.com/...dian+Rockies&=GO

JB

(This post was edited by kovacs69 on Jan 14, 2010, 4:22 PM)

the_climber

Jan 18, 2010, 6:29 PM
Post #3 of 9 (5801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Waterfall Ice Climbs in the Canadian Rockies is out of print. The rumour is that a new edition is in the works. As to when it will come out, hopefully it is not as long as we have been waiting for Banff Rock.

Dan, the most likely place to find a copy now is one of the local used book stores. I've had good luck finding out of print guides at Fair's Fair.

iceclimber

Jan 18, 2010, 7:00 PM
Post #4 of 9 (5786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] "Waterfall Ice" book: WTB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Second Story in Canmore might have some new or used editions.

dbogardus

Jan 18, 2010, 8:45 PM
Post #5 of 9 (5765 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kovacs69] "Waterfall Ice" book: WTB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kovacs69 wrote:
dan2see wrote:
Wanted to buy:

"Waterfall Ice
by Joe Josephson

Try Here:

http://www.chesslerbooks.com/...dian+Rockies&=GO

JB

Careful with Chessler. I ordered a book, was told it was shipped, never came. My checking account wasnt charged but the guy took forever to respond to me emails saying he doesnt know when theyll get the book in stock. Will I get charged in the future for it? Who knows.

Just be careful and make sure they have it in stock before buying.

dan2see

Jan 19, 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #6 of 9 (5734 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
Waterfall Ice Climbs in the Canadian Rockies is out of print. The rumour is that a new edition is in the works. As to when it will come out, hopefully it is not as long as we have been waiting for Banff Rock.

Dan, the most likely place to find a copy now is one of the local used book stores. I've had good luck finding out of print guides at Fair's Fair.

I've heard a rumor that the new edition should be available this summer. So I can keep on re-climbing the same places I already know -- until summer.

As for the store in Canmore: That's a good idea, I had not thought of that. Although I'm not hopeful because every ice-climbers anywhere near Canmore (and there are many) would have picked them up long ago. Anyway I'll be there next week-end so I can check them out.

Several companies that deal in second-hand books are connected to Alibrus. I have located a really old version, or a newer one for lots more money.

My climbing buddy has found an old copy. So I think we can get around OK until the new book comes out.

Thanks guys for the tips, I appreciate your input.

the_climber

Jan 19, 2010, 4:24 PM
Post #7 of 9 (5710 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
I've heard a rumor that the new edition should be available this summer. So I can keep on re-climbing the same places I already know -- until summer.

The track record for guidebooks in our area gives me the skepticism about the date. The same "next summer" rumour has left me I've been waiting a 13 or 14 years for the New Edition of Kananaskis Rock, 3 years for the new Bow Valley Rock, 2 years for the new Ghsot Rock, I don't even know how long for the new Selected Alpine Climbs, and 5 Years for the new Banff Rock.

The only one I expect this year is Andy's new Ghost Rock. He like his name in print, and thankfully that means we'll get his guide before the others.

(This post was edited by the_climber on Jan 19, 2010, 4:26 PM)

the_climber

Jan 19, 2010, 4:33 PM
Post #8 of 9 (5703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not trying to burst a bubble, but that's the truth of guide books in our neck of the woods.

What I will offer is a couple online resources for those without a Canadian Rockies Ice Guide:

http://www.rmbooks.com/books/wfallice.htm - This was the resource we used prior to the release of the latest edition.

http://www.gravsports.com/...criptions%20Home.htm - This covers most the the new routes from just before the release of the latest edition till the introduction of Gadd's new ice conditions site.

http://www.gravsports-ice.com/...php?ubb=cfrm&c=4 - Link to the new routes section on Gadd's new Ice condition site. Covers the new route posts for the past 3 years or so.

dan2see

Jan 19, 2010, 4:47 PM
Post #9 of 9 (5696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
dan2see wrote:

The track record for guidebooks in our area gives me the skepticism about the date. The same "next summer" rumour has left me I've been waiting a 13 or 14 years for the New Edition of Kananaskis Rock, 3 years for the new Bow Valley Rock, 2 years for the new Ghsot Rock, I don't even know how long for the new Selected Alpine Climbs, and 5 Years for the new Banff Rock.

The only one I expect this year is Andy's new Ghost Rock. He like his name in print, and thankfully that means we'll get his guide before the others.

LOL Laugh ROTLMAO

Are you saying that the folks who live in Calgary and Canmore aren't -- shall we say -- swift?

Anyway thanks for the effort, thanks for the tips. I can use some resources to get out there. We don't have to find the best climbs, we only have to have fun where-ever we go.

(This post was edited by dan2see on Jan 19, 2010, 4:50 PM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook