Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

mysticshaman

Mar 3, 2010, 6:44 AM
Post #26 of 36 (4409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blurricus] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

that is so true but hey last year i got a free shower during the slacklining clinic at least after it stopped hailing lol. so it isnt that bad. what you looking at doing clinic wise this year bro?

blurricus

Mar 3, 2010, 3:56 PM
Post #27 of 36 (4395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mysticshaman] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm gonna give the Crack Climbing clinic another try this year. Hopefully I won't get rain/hailed out again.

Then on Sunday, I'm doing Slacklining (hoping the YogaSlackers will be there again this year) and Trail Running.

How about you? What clinics are you trying?

Hoping to do some climbing and bouldering on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday also.

mysticshaman

Mar 6, 2010, 4:34 AM
Post #28 of 36 (4356 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thats cool dude im gonna do the uclimb on friday ant sat taking beginner tech bc i didnt get to last year bc of screwing up my knee. but i definitely hope to catch up wit you and hang out for a beer or 2 my treat. lol

natedog

Mar 7, 2010, 8:42 PM
Post #29 of 36 (4335 views)
Shortcut

Re: [natedog] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump...

Still looking for a Sunday partner. I'm totally flexible, just looking to climb and have fun. I've got the rack, rope, etc.

Cheers, Nate
natebloser@gmail.com

Kartessa

Mar 17, 2010, 6:20 PM
Post #30 of 36 (4248 views)
Shortcut

Re: [natedog] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump Bump

So at least we're certain the weather is going to be beautiful... according to accuweather.com its "Sunny and Pleasant" with 20C (Sorry, I don't measure temp in yank) and light winds Saturday and Sunday.

Mmmmm Mmm

mysticshaman

Mar 17, 2010, 9:44 PM
Post #31 of 36 (4230 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i dont know about the light winds all i know is last year sunday got nasty. but hopefully it wont be that bad this year i am so ready to go

madrockclimbing

Mar 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #32 of 36 (4222 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A lot of us from HQ along with team members and friends will be there. Can't wait to see everyone!

Kartessa

Mar 18, 2010, 3:01 AM
Post #33 of 36 (4205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mysticshaman] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Doesn't matter much now. Just took a bouldering fall at the gym tonite and my ankle is the size of a grapefruit. Thank you Canada for socialized healthcare and limited clinic hours, can't see a doctor or get an xray til morning unless I want to wait 4-6 hours in the emergency room.

Fucking fuck fuck, FUCK.

I guess that makes me a belay bitch for the weekend unless someone wants to go hunt down some 5.2s :p

vegastradguy

Mar 18, 2010, 5:57 AM
Post #34 of 36 (4193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey folks- for those in town for the rendezvous, stop by the ASCA booth and say hi- i'll be tending the table all weekend!

also, stop by and see the LVCLC who are running a rebolting initiative in the calico hills (Magic Bus, Ultraman, and Panty Wall have all been fully updated with new hardware- with more to come soon!) as well as the folks from Joshua Tree Climbing Products, who are here with their fluffy dog Torrent!

desertwanderer81

Apr 6, 2010, 4:44 PM
Post #35 of 36 (4070 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vegastradguy] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

vegastradguy wrote:
hey folks- for those in town for the rendezvous, stop by the ASCA booth and say hi- i'll be tending the table all weekend!

also, stop by and see the LVCLC who are running a rebolting initiative in the calico hills (Magic Bus, Ultraman, and Panty Wall have all been fully updated with new hardware- with more to come soon!) as well as the folks from Joshua Tree Climbing Products, who are here with their fluffy dog Torrent!

Are you guys only replacing the bolts, or are you also.... adjusting and perhaps removing a few of them?

vegastradguy

Apr 11, 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #36 of 36 (4036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [desertwanderer81] Red Rock Rendezvous 2010 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

desertwanderer81 wrote:
vegastradguy wrote:

Are you guys only replacing the bolts, or are you also.... adjusting and perhaps removing a few of them?

replacement only, although there are some routes that i'm polling the community on whether to adjust some locations for the bolts. im extremely reluctant to do so without a very unanimous (or near unanimous) voice from the community, though- im very aware of the ramifications of modifying routes and its not our place to do so unless the community and FA team wants us to and makes it VERY clear thats what they want.

obviously some routes will see some visible modification- Rebel Without a Pause is the most obvious case so far- the anchors were in TERRIBLE rock and have since been moved nearly 4' to the right into better rock (and are actually easier and more natural to clip now). rock quality still will dictate bolt location- but we do our best to replace one for one in a location as close to the original location as possible.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook